Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Looking for a reputable doggy sitter

BusterBoo
March 7th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Well, I have booked a vacation to Las Vegas!!!!! I would love to feel very excited about it, but I am sooooo worried about Buster that I am having a hard time getting overly happy.

So....how does one go about finding a good dog sitter??? I have been given the name of a company in Ottawa that matches up your doggie with a family and the dog goes to that persons home. (I don't think I am allowed to post the website???) They have a very good questionnaire which covers pretty much everything one would need to know about the dog, including where does he sleep at night.....duh....on my bed of course :D

I will be gone for 9 days so that is too long to leave Buster with my Dad (age 84). I don't really know a lot of dog-friendly people around my place....

Any ideas?? Would you trust a company that matches up your dog with a doggy care provider?? :shrug:

EDIT: WOOHOO.....I just reached the 1,000 post!!!!!!!!

rainbow
March 7th, 2009, 01:58 PM
WOW, nine days in Vegas ......that will give you lots of time to hit the jackpot. :laughing:

Does the company let you contact people that have used their services so you can get their opinions? Or try googling the company for user reviews. :shrug:

And ....

Congratulations on 1,000 posts. :highfive:

BusterBoo
March 7th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Actually, once they have found a family....we have a meeting at the family's place to see how I feel about the place and of course, how Buster likes the family. I asked if I could have more than one visit and they said it was up to the care giver, but if they don't mind, then no problem. Obviously if I asked for a second visit and they said No, I wouldn't leave Buster.

The company is registered with the Better Business Bureau of Canada....Buster's agility coach leaves both her dogs there and has no complaints. The company also gives a portion of the $$$ they make to the Humane Society.

I need to bring a letter from Buster's Vet to say he is UTD with shots and isn't on any meds or anything like that. It all seems good....but I know I will worry.....:sad:

rainbow
March 7th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Of course you are going to worry .....you wouldn't be a good mommy if you didn't. :D

From what you have just said, it sounds like a good company. :thumbs up And since Buster's agility coach has never had a problem then that should help to ease your mind. :goodvibes:

BusterBoo
March 7th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks Rainbow......

I just checked them out on the BBB and they are an Accredited Business with an A rating.....not sure how reliable that is, but it makes me feel better. LOL

They aren't cheap but that's ok....as long as my Buster is happy! (it only means less $$$ to spend on the slot machines :laughing: )

Shaykeija
March 7th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Too bad you are not closer to me. I could sneak him in here.

SnowDancer
March 7th, 2009, 08:01 PM
I suggest you speak with your vet to ask if she/he has heard of this company - and for any feedback. If you have a Groomer - ask her to. Although I am in Toronto there is a company that provides services exactly as you describe, so could be same company - and I have heard good and bad things - guess it depends which home your dog is placed in. Too bad you aren't in Toronto because we have a WONDERFUL home boarder where our little devil stays - he considers it his second home - and the only place I have ever boarded a dog. But just double check to be sure. I worry anyway when we are away but not about the care our guy will be given - just the normal worries that one has with one's pet.