Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Market Place

TacoGrl
March 6th, 2009, 10:01 PM
So I remembered it was on and watched it.

I am glad they did the show on puppy mills...the guy from the animal regulatory board seemed kind of "Oh well"...I could have slapped him!

If I had been doing the story, I think I would have expanded on the number of puppy mills selling dogs to pet stores...make it known it is wider spread than just Hunte...

erykah1310
March 6th, 2009, 10:07 PM
That segment was just a p*ss off IMO
First off they buy a pup from a pet store and do a little info on her, get a vet check and ship her to rescue?
Sorry but you justl lined the pockets of a few individuals, made room for another pup to fill thus creating another litter born perhaps being sold at discount rates due to genetic disorders.
They're research and thought process on the segment was poor.
Sure Hope is in a better place now, but what about the thousands of others that are to come. I doubt that changed anyones mind.

Then the whole paper thing... come on, perhaps put a bit more effort in distinguishing bogus registries from reputable ones for one and teaching people what the difference is.

I'm sorry but I think Oprah is far better for getting the proper point across than Marketplace at this point.