Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ahhhhh MUD!!

Diamondsmum
March 6th, 2009, 01:16 PM
We got a break from the BITTER cold & I Got internet back after Rogers disconnected the wrong apt.:frustrated: (2 days no internet)

So I thought I would snap some pics of my mudhole well.. backyard :laughing:

TBC... LOL

Jim Hall
March 6th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Y all growing a great crop oh mud there

Diamondsmum
March 6th, 2009, 01:24 PM
LOL some more...

Diamondsmum
March 6th, 2009, 01:25 PM
and some more

Diamondsmum
March 6th, 2009, 01:33 PM
last batch >>>

last week I was watching my niece (shes 6) Diamond didnt leave her side & slept with her as well

The other one is Diamond's way of NOT letting you up from playing (That is my DH)

Love4himies
March 6th, 2009, 02:44 PM
But, but, but she looks so clean :confused:. How does she do that :laughing:? Self cleaning puppy??

Melinda
March 6th, 2009, 02:50 PM
*L* it all comes back to me now why I have a black dog and black leather furniture...... those are some muddy pics*L*

14+kitties
March 6th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Oh yes. Spring! :cloud9: Diamond looks very happy. Especially holding humans in place. :thumbs up

chico2
March 6th, 2009, 04:16 PM
What happened to your backyard???No grass???
Diamond still manages to look clean though,really cute pics.
I hope she is not prone to flatulence(sp?)what,sitting on hubbys head:laughing:

Diamondsmum
March 6th, 2009, 05:26 PM
LOL tx guys:D

Trust me those are NOTHINg compared to what she came in lastnight looking like.

cam was dead tho :yell:

The grass is under there somewhere (we have a large sand pile for our pool & i think most of the sand has washed away):frustrated:

& chico2 umm not sure of her "gas" issue. :o she does that to all of us lol

angeldogs
March 6th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Hey looks like my back yard all mud.

onster
March 6th, 2009, 07:28 PM
the third pic u posted is just sooo sooo cute!!!

Also the one with the hubby is funny :laughing::D

Its good to see cutie diamond

ancientgirl
March 6th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Wow! How'd she stay so clean with all that mud around?

Frenchy
March 6th, 2009, 08:08 PM
ewwwwwww look at all that mud ! :eek:

Diamond is such a lady , staying clean ! :lovestruck: love the face shot with her ball in her mouth , and with your niece too ! :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
March 6th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Ah, yes...retrievers and mud puddles. :cloud9: Diamond is such a cutie! :lovestruck:

I missed the opening of our Mud Season cuz I was gone today when some of the snowpack opened up :thumbs up Good timing, eh? (hubby didn't think so :laughing:)

Shaykeija
March 6th, 2009, 10:50 PM
LMAO I have that same couch....

krdahmer
March 6th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Wow that's quite the wrestling move she's got on hubby there! :laughing:

what a cutie!:lovestruck:

otter
March 6th, 2009, 10:59 PM
:cry2::cry2::cry2: Diamond, you need to save Cuz... he's drowning in that glorious mud hole :D Make sure you wait until the batteries on the camera are all charged up and ready though, I gotta have PROOF that Cuz is safe and sound. (Molly would be horrified to see Cuz in such dire straights)

Thanks for all the wonderful photos. Diamond is such a beauty :lovestruck:

TeriM
March 6th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Eek for the backyard :eek: but a muddy Diamond is still a beautiful girl :lovestruck:. I assume you keep a large stack of dog towels by your door like us west coasters do :laughing:.

growler~GateKeeper
March 6th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Diamond's getting so big :cloud9: Seems alot of Goldens around here like the mud :laughing: That 3rd pic is too cute :lovestruck:

Diamondsmum
March 7th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Thanks guys :)

Yup dog towels by the door:cloud9:

I am sure as the rest of ice melts it will be much much worse

& Otter Cuz got saved that yellow ball tho cant be saved as its frozen ito the ground same iwth my running shoe she stole :rolleyes:

I am dying to run my quad throu it but hubby said NO! lol

Grumpy
March 7th, 2009, 10:11 PM
awwww she doesn't look muddy at all.... she looks adorable !:cloud9:

Gail P
March 7th, 2009, 11:08 PM
No grass???

Grass? What's that? Up here we still have snow and I was out sledding with the dogs today. Thankfully our mud has not yet started. But just so Diamondsmum doesn't feel too bad about her muddy yard, here's something she can be thankful for. Diamond is a clean little lady, not like Flurry the mud-puppy.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Newer%20dog%20pics/2008_0714dogs0113.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Newer%20dog%20pics/2008_0714dogs0115.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/silhouettestable/Newer%20dog%20pics/2008_0714dogs0114.jpg
These were taken after heavy rains last year in our typically "dry season", July. The spring melt will bring MUCH, MUCH worse mud, with not a lick of grass in sight. Just mud, melted down horse manure, flooded fields, did I mention mud? Oh, boy, I just can't wait for the snow to melt :yuck: :rolleyes: Especially now that I have 8 dogs to splash through it and track 32 muddy feet around my house :pawprint::pawprint::pawprint::pawprint:

growler~GateKeeper
March 8th, 2009, 03:57 AM
Did you rescue cuz or did you send Diamond out to rescue it? :laughing:

:laughing: love that last pic of Flurry :crazy:

Diamondsmum
March 8th, 2009, 10:23 AM
lol gail that was her the other night sans dead cam lol.

Awww flurry:cloud9:

Growler: Cuz was rescued by Diamoond but was seen floating in the water at the far end of the yard today.
seems the mud is much worse as we had rain yesturday & lastnight.

Freezing rain tonight :sad:

Gail P
March 8th, 2009, 03:54 PM
lol gail that was her the other night sans dead cam lol.

Awww flurry:cloud9:

Growler: Cuz was rescued by Diamoond but was seen floating in the water at the far end of the yard today.
seems the mud is much worse as we had rain yesturday & lastnight.

Freezing rain tonight :sad:

Apparently you're not far enough north of Toronto. I just heard we have a storm warning in effect for tonight. They're calling for 10-15cm of snow :D Beautiful clean white snow, so hopefully no mudpuppies for me for a while yet and I can keep on sleddin' :thumbs up Even if not for the sledding, the worst is when the snow melts too early and then it rains/freezing rains/snows wet stuff on soft ground and makes more mud. Then the horses churn it up and make it even worse and the dogs seem to enjoy running through it, laying in it...hopefully you'll be lucky with your yard and by the time the rest of the ice melts the first batch of mud will be dried up some. With the right conditions, (lots of sun and wind after the melt), it sometimes can clean up pretty quickly.

angeldogs
March 8th, 2009, 05:10 PM
:laughing: that last one of Flurry.He looks right a home and happy in the mud.

Diamondsmum
March 9th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Ok.. round 2 today

chico2
March 9th, 2009, 03:44 PM
OMG,that's more like it,Diamond:laughing:
Love the muddy nose,the paws not so much:laughing:

Diamondsmum
March 9th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Apparently you're not far enough north of Toronto. I just heard we have a storm warning in effect for tonight. They're calling for 10-15cm of snow :D Beautiful clean white snow, so hopefully no mudpuppies for me for a while yet and I can keep on sleddin' :thumbs up Even if not for the sledding, the worst is when the snow melts too early and then it rains/freezing rains/snows wet stuff on soft ground and makes more mud. Then the horses churn it up and make it even worse and the dogs seem to enjoy running through it, laying in it...hopefully you'll be lucky with your yard and by the time the rest of the ice melts the first batch of mud will be dried up some. With the right conditions, (lots of sun and wind after the melt), it sometimes can clean up pretty quickly.

gail We had rain on Sat afternoon then Sunday night freezing rain & maybe 3cm of snow LOL.

My backyard is nasty :laughing: ALL MUD! lol

I am sure It gonna get much worse

angeldogs
March 9th, 2009, 05:44 PM
OMG I just the first pic in round 2.:laughing:

Gail P
March 9th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Ewww, more rain and mud. Poor you. Diamond doesn't seem to mind though :laughing: I'm enjoying my nice white snow for now but I know my turn is coming, x8 :eek:

Does Diamond enjoy the tub? Mine don't like baths but some of them like to climb in the tub and play in the water. They follow me into the bathroom anyhow and will often ask for a drink from the tub faucet in the warmer weather (they want the water fresh on demand :laughing:) so I'll let it run slowly and they'll climb in and drink/dig/splash around a bit and clean off some of the mud that way. Then I still have wet dogs but not quite so muddy. Also, when there are big puddles (more like small ponds) at the edge of our driveway I try to get them to walk through them and wash the mud off their feet before coming into the house. The joys of spring. Why can't winter just last all year :shrug:

growler~GateKeeper
March 9th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Cute muddy nose Diamond :thumbs up

Smiley14
March 9th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Oh, LOL, those are adorable pics!!!! Mud and all! :laughing: Belle is like that too, she LOVES getting dirty and then loves dragging it all back through the doggie door. :rolleyes:

Diamondsmum
March 10th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Ewww, more rain and mud. Poor you. Diamond doesn't seem to mind though :laughing: I'm enjoying my nice white snow for now but I know my turn is coming, x8 :eek:

Does Diamond enjoy the tub? Mine don't like baths but some of them like to climb in the tub and play in the water. They follow me into the bathroom anyhow and will often ask for a drink from the tub faucet in the warmer weather (they want the water fresh on demand :laughing:) so I'll let it run slowly and they'll climb in and drink/dig/splash around a bit and clean off some of the mud that way. Then I still have wet dogs but not quite so muddy. Also, when there are big puddles (more like small ponds) at the edge of our driveway I try to get them to walk through them and wash the mud off their feet before coming into the house. The joys of spring. Why can't winter just last all year :shrug:

Ohhh LOL She absolutely loves the tub/shower/puddles/rain/downspout LOL

She will get in with me If I am in the tub or shower if I leave door open or will get in after I am out of the tub. Still plays in her water bowl if she feels inclined. :D Chases rain & catches it in her mouth LOL.
definate water dog for sure. I am sure if I had a fishtank she would be trying to get in it:p

And nope Winter can go away I dont mind the mud my kitchen floor does tho LOL. I just keep a mop & bucket of water ready is all.

Luvmypitgirls
March 11th, 2009, 05:24 PM
A muddy dog is a happy dog!