Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Catopeous Had her Babies!!

lUvMyLaB<3
March 6th, 2009, 01:07 PM
I am going to try and post a few pics, hopefully not ginormous ones! I had a foster cat here that had 3 babies, they went to happy forever homes, really nice families took them, and I kept the mother, it was not long before I got a new foster. A revolving door... This mother was also not well, and very pregnant, she was only here 4 days before she had these babies! She had 4 of them, we are worried about their size they seem very small. We were at the vet on wednesday for a check, probably due to the poor care the mother received and poor nutrition, we are pretty sure they are full term or at least very close to it, just skin and bones though. They seem to be very strong. I don't want to supplement them yet just in case we could decrease the mothers milk supply. However if they seem restless or a bit dehydrated I do have everything I need to supplement a feeding when needed. So far they are good, and I am hoping they continue to do well. The mother LOVES her new diet and she is eating tonnes I have canned food and have been giving her a lot of raw, she likes ground up chicken! well here come the pics hope you enjoy!

lUvMyLaB<3
March 6th, 2009, 01:13 PM
ooops I thought I re sized them! YIKES! so sorry I will try again!

Melinda
March 6th, 2009, 01:19 PM
oh they are beautiful!! But that mother! she is striking.....such gorgeous markings, on what I can see, you're such a good person taking them all in....good luck to you and babies at the vets

lUvMyLaB<3
March 6th, 2009, 01:22 PM
sorry again! there are 2 pics of the dark all grey male, sorry, his name is mr trouble, he was not breathing when born whatsoever it was scary for awhile, I was able to get him going he was then struggling to breath for awhile but is all good now! I thought he was not going to make it, that is how he got his name! anyway it seems I am having trouble finding a pic of the grey female alone, she is grey tabby with white feet and a white face.. I will have to find one or take a new one so you can see what she looks like!

The mother is a tortie and white, kind of like my daughters cat! I have a thing for these torties! My hubby and kids named her Mr. Catopeous Sir. hmm.. i know... My daughters cat is named tickles, now we have 2 torties in the house, tickles is neat though she has a half orange face and a half black face.. torties are great!

the all grey male is mr. trouble
the red male is enzo
the grey and white female is monster (named by a 4 year old boy...)
the white and pale orange and grey on her head female is snookums but it is changing by the hour...
I have creative kids what can I say!!!

Love4himies
March 6th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Aggggg I am so jealous, I am going through kitten withdrawal :yell: :yell: :o :D. They are all so beautiful:cloud9: :lovestruck:

Raw meat with bones, that is the key to getting muscle mass on those poor starving mommas.:thumbs up

lUvMyLaB<3
March 6th, 2009, 01:47 PM
thanks L4H that is what we gave her, gound up the chicken it was legs with the back attached, then I put it in the magic bullet with some carnation and warmed it up, I was worried she would be picky and she ate it all.. I just hope she makes lots of milk those babies.. you can feel every bone, every single vertabrae in their spine.. so tiny but they seem strong. The one that was not breathing the vet said his lungs sound a bit wet still but they should dry out, he seems to be breathing comfortably now. they just seem very small and boney.. I promise I will take very good care of them!!!

I have not had kitten withdrawl in awhile... I kind of wish I did.. to have no kitties here would be a blessing, we enjoy them so much though!!!! For me it is always hard when I have to give back the mother, for some reason I have no trouble sending the babies on their way. I get so very attached to the mothers.

Jim Hall
March 6th, 2009, 01:53 PM
omg i could be du's sister!!!

cpietra16
March 6th, 2009, 01:58 PM
L4H...with spring around the corner, not that cats need spring to give birth, you will be surrounded by kittens....unless you want Angel's daughter, Angel the 2nd...she is due soon....;):D:rolleyes:

lUvMyLaB<3
March 6th, 2009, 01:58 PM
whoa Jim look at her!! WOW!!! so similar! coolness!

cpietra16
March 6th, 2009, 01:59 PM
wow..they are beautiful...as usaul:cloud9::lovestruck:

lUvMyLaB<3
March 6th, 2009, 02:08 PM
L4H you are welcome to be the internet mommy to all these babies if you like!

Love4himies
March 6th, 2009, 02:32 PM
thanks L4H that is what we gave her, gound up the chicken it was legs with the back attached, then I put it in the magic bullet with some carnation and warmed it up, I was worried she would be picky and she ate it all.. I just hope she makes lots of milk those babies.. you can feel every bone, every single vertabrae in their spine.. so tiny but they seem strong. The one that was not breathing the vet said his lungs sound a bit wet still but they should dry out, he seems to be breathing comfortably now. they just seem very small and boney.. I promise I will take very good care of them!!!

I have not had kitten withdrawl in awhile... I kind of wish I did.. to have no kitties here would be a blessing, we enjoy them so much though!!!! For me it is always hard when I have to give back the mother, for some reason I have no trouble sending the babies on their way. I get so very attached to the mothers.

Sweet Pea was like that when I first got her and she nursed 7 very healthy babies. It is all in the food you give her now.

Love4himies
March 6th, 2009, 02:33 PM
L4H you are welcome to be the internet mommy to all these babies if you like!

:laughing::laughing: That sounds easier than have the little fur balls running around my house.

I am just on the wait list for a litter to come in. So far it has been very quiet at the shelter, so soon it will explode with mommas and babies.

Love4himies
March 6th, 2009, 02:35 PM
L4H...with spring around the corner, not that cats need spring to give birth, you will be surrounded by kittens....unless you want Angel's daughter, Angel the 2nd...she is due soon....;):D:rolleyes:

You know I would take her in a sec, if only you had asked a day sooner:o. I can't go back on my word to the shelter manager after I promised her I would take the next litter that came in there.

Love4himies
March 6th, 2009, 02:42 PM
I can't stay away from this thread, now with Jim's DU's pic on here makes it twice a great to view. :D :cloud9: :lovestruck:

lUvMyLaB<3
March 6th, 2009, 02:43 PM
oh L4H that will be exciting!! do you have a relationship with your vet? that is where I get some of my moms they get left there when some irresponsible person brings them or abondons them or wont provide care, sometimes the vets take them home or sends them somewhere and sometimes that is me!, if that happens where you live maybe you could tell your vet you can foster their babies, they get some that don't have a momma too!

14+kitties
March 6th, 2009, 02:57 PM
So cute! They look like little rats when they are first born. Adorable! I will keep my fingers crossed Mr Trouble makes it. Little tyke has a rough start. He may end up being the strongest of the bunch. :fingerscr
They all look wonderful! Thanks for looking after them so well!!

ancientgirl
March 6th, 2009, 07:52 PM
She's a lovely girl. I hope the little ones get some meat on their bones.

Love4himies
March 7th, 2009, 07:19 AM
oh L4H that will be exciting!! do you have a relationship with your vet? that is where I get some of my moms they get left there when some irresponsible person brings them or abondons them or wont provide care, sometimes the vets take them home or sends them somewhere and sometimes that is me!, if that happens where you live maybe you could tell your vet you can foster their babies, they get some that don't have a momma too!

I get my fosters from the local humane society. Not sure if my vet's office gets any strays or unwanted pregnant moms.:confused: I would think I would know because I am pretty sure I am financing his SUV :frustrated:

Tundra_Queen
March 10th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Oh look at those baby kitties!! I can't imagine having a cat having babies in our home. I think it would be amazing to watch how they change and grow. Isn't the momma cat scared and upset having babies in a strange home though? You do such a wonderful loving thing!!
Debbie

lUvMyLaB<3
March 10th, 2009, 12:49 PM
yes she is a bit stressed, but was not doing well in a cage, she was freaking out, so at least here is better than that... she was here for 4 days before she had them and had settled in pretty quick, she explored and got pretty comfy with us. I don't allow her around my other cats, she has the family room and the rest of that floor of the house to herself, she has met my dogs but my dogs are so used to strange cats around here that they don't really care.. I think I have the most cat savvy dogs on the planet! I am sure though she is wondering why is she not at home with her family, and why all this is happening to her, all we can do is treat her the best way possible and let her know we are here for her and hopefully she knows that. I think she does she is pretty calm and sweet. She is very young too maybe that helps. It is these mommas that I get so attached to, hard to ever let them go, the way they look at you, and you cannot tell them everything and she just has to go along for the ride.. I wish it never happened and that all kitties were in loving homes and cared for the way we would care for them but as we all know that does not happen often enough so I try to do what little I can to help them.