Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another Scam

Chris21711
March 6th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Received an email from a friend today that was received by her company from Canadian Revenue Agency:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/nwsrm/lrts/2008/l080818-eng.html

Love4himies
March 6th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the warning, Chris.

JennieV
March 6th, 2009, 12:11 PM
WOW!
they get sneakier and sneakier! :eek:

:frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

Winston
March 6th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Your right they do try anything! For those of you interested and you may already know but CRA has a volunteer program where they have employees and others that volunteer their time to complete income tax returns for those that need assistance or having financial difficulty. It is called the CVITP Program (Canadian Volunteer Income Tax Program) and if anyone requires any information on it please feel free to pm me as I am one of the volunteers.

JennieV
March 6th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Wow, Winston, that is such a great idea!! I looked it up online and here is some information about it:
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/volunteer/

Thanks Winston, for doing this to help others... that is truly commendable. :thumbs up

SnowDancer
March 6th, 2009, 06:20 PM
My husband is a CA - he has prepared returns for people living in seniors' residences who had minimal income. He did it again this year - now that he is 60, he was kind of depressed when he got home.

Winston
March 6th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Its rewarding but its also very sad in a sense because you really see what income level people survive on and honestly I cant believe it!

I guess your hubby is really busy right now too!

cell
March 6th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Good thing I never respond to anything not PERSONALLY addressed to me... Like say the rented water heater that my landlord forced me to put in my name (can they do that?) anyway the bills come "to the resident of address" yet when they send me info on updates etc, it comes in my name? They will not get payed if my name is not on the bill, which is fine by me.

Thanks for the scam heads up though, they are getting crafty...