Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

manda

Jim Hall
March 5th, 2009, 02:26 PM
belly rub !!!

onster
March 5th, 2009, 02:28 PM
aaahhhh thats too much! I just wanna give her belly smooches, forget about the belly rub! lol

too cute :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
March 5th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Every time I see a kitty belly I want to bury my face in it and give it some kissies... :cloud9: I've been told, however, that that's a good way to get your eyes scratched out... :o So I refrain. :laughing:

But if ever there was a belly ripe for kissin', it's Ms Manda's, Jim :flirt: She looks so utterly at peace there!

14+kitties
March 5th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Manda sure is a happy gal now that she knows she has a furever home with you and Maria! She is sweet!! :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
March 6th, 2009, 03:28 AM
Oh I'll bury my face in that belly fur anyday :lovestruck: such a purrty grrl :cloud9:

Grumpy
March 6th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Noooooo.... way toooooo cuteeee.....

Ford Girl
March 6th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Do DU and Manada fight over this comfy spot? lol!! Shes so cute Jim.

Jim Hall
March 6th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Do DU and Manada fight over this comfy spot? lol!! Shes so cute Jim.
not really its mostly mandas du likes the cat bed on the floor by me or the bed when its empty

ancientgirl
March 6th, 2009, 10:24 AM
What a sweet girl. Belly rubs are definitely in order.

Hazel, yes the last time I tried giving Vlad a belly smooch, he got so freaked out, I got his back paws embedded in my neck and bleed like crazy. Not fun.

cpietra16
March 6th, 2009, 10:25 AM
What a great and comfy looking pillow....:cloud9:

Love4himies
March 6th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Ohhhhh, that tummy is so irresistable. I want to put my face and give her lots and lots of kisses. :cloud9:

She is looking mighty happy, jim :thumbs up

Jim Hall
July 8th, 2009, 03:09 PM
so manda has been scratching and shaking her head alot and Dr lisa was booked solid for a week !!

went to the vet HKK uses is an ok docter but he is used to dogs so is not very patient or gentle

any way said manda didnt have mites but her ear was inflamed os and shes too chubby lol

gave her a 20mg shot of seriod and sent her on our way said it could be an allergic reaction We will wait and see how she is in a few and might go see drlisa anyway

now i ask you does this girl look chubby she only 13 lbs!!!

dogcatharmony
July 8th, 2009, 03:12 PM
:lovestruck: she looks super furry and cute to me!!!

TeriM
July 8th, 2009, 03:24 PM
She's such a gorgeous girl :lovestruck:.

bendyfoot
July 8th, 2009, 03:34 PM
she looks, um, squishable!!!:lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:

Keep an eye on the ears...Jaida had an inflammed ear earlier this spring (actually, first one ear then the other) and we went the steroid route first, it didn't help...what finally helped was getting some antiinflamatory drops right in those ears, it cleared it up lickity-split and made her comfy much faster!

Jim Hall
July 8th, 2009, 03:35 PM
yeah i would like to know what caused it actually

bendyfoot
July 8th, 2009, 03:39 PM
I think in our case Jaida gets itchies sometimes (allergies, random, whatever) and she's a spaz when she scratches and I think it irritates the sensitive skin in her ear, makes it red and sore-looking, sometimes she even cuts herself scratching!!! Then it itches more, she scratches, it gets more irritated, she scratches...it's a viscious cycle!

TacoGrl
July 8th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Did this vet actually touch Manda? Obviously not! If the vet had, they would see it's all FUR! No chub there...just fur! Geesh...where do they get these vets now days?! :D

Jim Hall
July 8th, 2009, 04:49 PM
he put her on the scale and she i 13 lbs yeah she fat was nice of the dr who knows i know cats BTW thatshe is overweight he knows me well enough not to push the hills crap on me :D:cat::pawprint:

chico2
July 8th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Jim,Manda looks perfect to me,all fluff and beauty,depending on how big she is 13lb's does not seem overweight.
My boys are now 15,16 and 18 lb's,yes 18lb's is too much for Vinnie,but I think we've found a way for him to lose weight.

Jim Hall
July 8th, 2009, 09:55 PM
about 12 hrs ago the vet gave an unjection of 20 mg depr medrol im

manda was fine until 4 hrs ago looking out the windows and such when i left for the cattery she was sleeping
about 2 hrs later i come home and she is in the same spot when i went to pick her up the injection site felt warm and she really complained about being picked up

i put her on our bed and since then she jumped down and is laying on the floor ehat bothers me is
a she hasnt touched her food
b i get no elevator butt when i pet her behind and i always get that

haavent had a steiord cat for a long time would this seem normal ?

pbpatti
July 8th, 2009, 10:11 PM
answer to mine and breezes question.. hope that this is only a temporary side effect for Manda and she feels better soon. :grouphug:

edwina
July 8th, 2009, 11:20 PM
I have never had a cat get a reaction to steroids. :sad: I hope its just temperary also. :grouphug:

chico2
July 9th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I hope beautiful Manda is ok this morning,otherwise I would call the vet,it's a terrible worry when you don't know ans the vet don't always know:confused:
But if Manda is clearly uncomfortable still,I would call:cat:
:grouphug:to you and Manda:fingerscr

Jim Hall
July 9th, 2009, 08:05 AM
manda was alitle more active this am she did her routine but very briefly and is sleeping again. du is stalking alightning bug that wandered in

Jim Hall
July 9th, 2009, 11:38 AM
so i call dr lisa and she calls back after upbraiding me for not insisting i see her lol she says watch manda for anothe day and if no improve give a call for an appt manda is getting a bit more active think she is all right

Smiley14
July 9th, 2009, 01:25 PM
so i call dr lisa and she calls back after upbraiding me for not insisting i see her lol she says watch manda for anothe day and if no improve give a call for an appt manda is getting a bit more active think she is all right

Oh, she is beautiful and fluffy! :) And what a great vet Dr. Lisa is! I'm glad to hear Manda is feeling better now, poor girl.

Jim Hall
July 9th, 2009, 02:55 PM
wellsince i just got two feet woth of claws in my leg for not getting up fast enoghh to pay attention to her i would say she just about backto normal

ancientgirl
July 9th, 2009, 03:12 PM
LOL, I'm glad she's better.

hazelrunpack
July 9th, 2009, 03:23 PM
:goodvibes:

Glad to hear she's feeling some better! :thumbs up

chico2
July 9th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Jim,that's great,she is such a beautiful girl:thumbs up

kandy
July 9th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Pretty kitty! I'm glad she's feeling better now. :)

TacoGrl
July 9th, 2009, 06:12 PM
I also am so glad she is doing better Jim :goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper
July 11th, 2009, 12:48 AM
wellsince i just got two feet woth of claws in my leg for not getting up fast enoghh to pay attention to her i would say she just about backto normal

:laughing: sounds like she's gonna be just fine :thumbs up :D

Common side effects of steriod shots can include lethargy & lack of appetite, they can also go the other way & you have a crazy hyper kitty that eats ravenously. The main portion of the side effects should start to wear off within 2 days, if not one should seek vet care & of couse if concerned by anything seek vet care sooner. :)

Jim Hall
August 4th, 2009, 10:05 PM
manda gotthe salon treatmant today no clip but a wash and a thourugh grooming a but shave and some leg she our flooofffyy girl

Tundra_Queen
August 4th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Jim is she one of the ferals that u adopted or has she always been your cat? She sure is pretty and I'm glad she's feeling better. :)

Debbie

Jim Hall
August 4th, 2009, 10:50 PM
story uigot she had been dumped by someone was begging on the streets and hanging in a tire/ radiator garage fithy abd knocked up

cleaned her up got her spyd maria and she fell in love very very very docile kitty she half dog i think rolls on her back for anything drinks water like a dog and begs for to go out the great part is m wanted a short hiared lap cat and instead fell for manda a long haired not very lap cat :D

hazelrunpack
August 4th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Manda looks a little sad...I don't think she liked the spa treatment much :o

But at least she didn't need to get the full body shave! :D

Jim Hall
August 4th, 2009, 11:00 PM
was more like "we done yet?"

hazelrunpack
August 4th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Does she have a satin yellow ribbon in her hair, too? :D

growler~GateKeeper
August 4th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Looks like Maria is very happy they didn't shave Manda :D Cute yellow ribbon in her fur - how long did that last in there? :laughing: Manda is very purrty after her day @ the spa :lovestruck:

chico2
August 5th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Mandas face is price-less like"get that thing off my head,or I'll bite you!!":laughing:
Still a gorgeous kitty though:lovestruck:

ancientgirl
August 5th, 2009, 08:30 AM
LOL, oh yeah she looks REAL happy. :laughing: I love the little bow!

Jim Hall
August 5th, 2009, 12:32 PM
you know trough every thing we do to her just hasnt bitten once? she growls and sound like a siren but never tries to hurt you

rainbow
August 5th, 2009, 03:02 PM
I'm so glad that she didn't have to get shaved and lose her pretty long fur. :thumbs up

Are the cute yellow bows still in place? :D

Jim Hall
September 30th, 2009, 11:49 AM
mY grll hanging check out that tail!!

ancientgirl
September 30th, 2009, 12:30 PM
What a beauty indeed!

hazelrunpack
September 30th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Gorgeous! :flirt:

chico2
September 30th, 2009, 04:58 PM