Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I can't believe how quiet the house is

Sib.HuskyMom
March 4th, 2009, 11:09 AM
I'm at home from work today, and I'm just astonished about how quiet the pups are! I realize that they pretty much sleep all day when my husband and I are at work, but it just doesn't seem that long ago that I was afraid to go to the bathroom quick because I was scared of what they'd get into while I was gone :evil: :mwaha:.

Ahhh, the joys of maturity! They grow up so fast, don't they? :angel:

hazelrunpack
March 4th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Yes they do. :D They've reached the age of sanity, eh? I'm sure they still have some mischief left...they're just saving it up for when you're least expecting it. :p

pwrca
March 4th, 2009, 03:39 PM
How old are your pups? My Mooshie (male mini-daxie) is already 12 weeks old, does have his down time but can be a bundle of energy when he's up and at it. The house training has been going well but when my back is turned, I may turn around and find a puddle, thank god not to frequently. My biggest concern is how long does the vigilance last? Do you reach a point where you can have confidence in having them roam loose? I appologize if this is thread jacking but you raised my curiousity with your post.

Sib.HuskyMom
March 4th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Jasper and Timber are now 6 months old.

When we first got them at 9 weeks, they were sectioned off to only half of the kitchen area (made sure the cabinetry was free and clear of the chew zone). Then after about 2 weeks, they got to have the entire kitchen (luckily, no chewing :thumbs up) and about a week or so after that, they got access to the entire main floor, but I blocked off any carpeted areas.

The reason I didn't give them access to all the tiled floors in the beginning, was that if they were about to squat, I wanted to see it so I could catch them. But if I was in the kitchen and they were down the hall for example, I wouldn't have been able to.

Once I was completely confident of no more piddle accidents in the house, then they got free range, but even then, I made sure to keep all bedroom and bathroom doors closed. Although I forgot one time, man did they have fun with the toilet paper roll! :laughing:

If they were in a bedroom or something, I just made sure they were supervised. Soon enough, all the little things (like waste baskets) became less interesting, and they don't bother with them any more.

The only thing is, I still keep them out of my office when I'm not around. I have a large hibiscus plant in there and they LOVE to eat greenery! :D

growler~GateKeeper
March 5th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Did you get any sleepy Sibe :lovestruck: :lovestruck: puppy pics? :D

Sib.HuskyMom
March 5th, 2009, 03:49 PM
What's that now? A picture request?
You asked for it! :D

Sib.HuskyMom
March 5th, 2009, 03:50 PM
and a couple more :sleepy:

growler~GateKeeper
March 5th, 2009, 09:40 PM
:lovestruck: :lovestruck: :cloud9: :cloud9: Adorable!! :cloud9: :cloud9: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

How on earth Jasper was comfy enough in the 2nd pic to actually fall asleep I'll never know :laughing:

otter
March 5th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Oh my, sleepy Sibes are the cutest!! :lovestruck::lovestruck:

The second last pic looks like they just fell from the sky and landed in those spots and never moved - PLUNK!