Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Good and bad news

COCO350
March 4th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Some of you remember how embarrased I was not knowing the difference between a female and male cat, well turns out that two of the females were pregnant:sad: I managed to bring one inside and she gave birth, the other, one week later. The St-hyacinthe vet hospital is assisting me, they call every two days checking on moms and babies, thank god, they will pick up the 3 other cats next week to be fixed. Meanwhile, we have 6 kittens and 3 cats in the house, one mom and kittens in the barn, horses to tend to, and the bad news is Balou was diagnosed with diabetes monday. We are treating with insulin twice a day and regular check ups. We are overwhelmed, and trying to be everywhere at the same time. I'm angry at the people who abandonned these poor cats at the barn, sad and worried sick that Balou is so sick, finally i think i'm exhausted.

Oh, and we've put a for sale sign on the barn!!!

Corinne

Blackdog22
March 4th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Wow. It sounds like you have had a very hectic and stressful week.
It is so good of you to take care of those poor kitties, just remember....they would thank you if they could.

growler~GateKeeper
March 4th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Good to hear you got 1 momma & her babies inside, 3 on their way for snipping and great support from your vets.

:goodvibes: for Balou having an easy time w/the diabetes

14+kitties
March 5th, 2009, 07:41 AM
The thing about getting angry with the people who abandoned their cats......... may have happened so many years ago that no one knows any more who did it. There are so many kitties dropped off out in the country near barns to fend for themselves that it is ridiculous. :frustrated:
It's great that you managed to get one in the house to have her babies. Fantastic that the vets are going to help you out so much! That is wonderful!! Do you know how many babies the other mom had yet?

I am so sorry to hear that Balou is diabetic. I am sure with the insulin he will do just fine. :fingerscr:pray: You will get some good advice from others here who have the same problems.

The barn is up for sale! Is it separate from the rest of the property? Or were you joshing? If it really is up for sale are you bringing the rest of the kitties in before it sells? Or just making sure they are fixed?

I know it seems overwhelming at the moment. It gets better. I promise. Last year at the height of all my fun I had 10 kitties in the house with two dogs, the birds and us. The rest were in the catuary either in the midst of being fixed or fixed. It was quite the rollercoaster ride. :grouphug: Hang in there.

COCO350
March 5th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the cheering up!!

Sophie (the cat that I brought in) and her 6 babies are doing really well, mimi is in the barn along with her 4 babies and they also are doing fine, she is quiet and relaxed...like I mentionned all 10 babies will be up for adoption at the Refuge St-hyacinthe. As for Balou, today we did a glucose test and there is some change...It's just a lot to take in now.

I wasen't joking, the barn, the land and property is for sale, too much bad luck, regarding the barn cats, I cannot imagine moving without them...we love these guys!

Dog Dancer
March 5th, 2009, 12:52 PM
You are so kind to being doing this for all these kitties. I sure hope Balou does well with his treatments. Hugs to you just for moral support.:grouphug: