Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Can anyone tell me...

Maxie's mom
August 4th, 2004, 09:52 AM
if there is a safe homemade deterrent for cats? I have a basket that I keep on my kitchen table that has plastic pears and ivy leaves in it; the thing is that every morning either Maxie or Booger has all the leaves removed from the plastic stems and they are just laying on the table. So every morning I just pick them all up and put them back where they belong. I was wondering if someone could tell me of something safe that I could place in the basket or of a spray that would be safe but not interesting to cats. I don't know which one is doing it because he/she is smart enough to do it when i am gone to bed. :rolleyes:

Lucky Rescue
August 4th, 2004, 10:07 AM
You can buy a spray to put on things and it should deter cats.

One of them smells nicely of lemons, but cats hate it!

e-man
August 5th, 2004, 01:24 PM
if there is a safe homemade deterrent for cats? I have a basket that I keep on my kitchen table that has plastic pears and ivy leaves in it; the thing is that every morning either Maxie or Booger has all the leaves removed from the plastic stems and they are just laying on the table. So every morning I just pick them all up and put them back where they belong. I was wondering if someone could tell me of something safe that I could place in the basket or of a spray that would be safe but not interesting to cats. I don't know which one is doing it because he/she is smart enough to do it when i am gone to bed. :rolleyes:

It must be Booger that is doing it. Must be getting revenge for the name...:)

glasslass
August 5th, 2004, 03:20 PM
You could put some orange or lemon peels in the basket. I've seen whole slices of citrus dried and in arrangements.

dmc123
August 5th, 2004, 05:31 PM
My remedy for most of my cats' mischief is double stick tape. Maybe a little applied on the table (test first to make sure it doesn't hurt your table) around the bowl will get them out of the habit of playing there.

Good luck. Somethings are just too fun for cats!