Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

On a Rainbow Bridge Mission

Dee-O-Gee
March 1st, 2009, 10:25 PM
Hello fellow Pet Forum furbaby owners :)

Just letting you know that I will be off line for a bit because I have a painting project to complete.

A dear friend of mine took a beautiful picture of a rainbow over a lake up in Northern Ontario to which I have be studying for quite sometime.

Ever since Bailey's passing in January, I have thought of this picture and the time has come to place my brush to canvas.

Upon completion, I hope to share this art with all who have travelled or will travel--the rainbow bridge.

I'll check back ocassionally to say a big hello :thumbs up

I Bailey's memory....Keep :):) :D:D and :laughing::laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
March 1st, 2009, 11:20 PM
The scene sounds wonderful :cloud9: look forward to seeing the finished painting :D

hazelrunpack
March 2nd, 2009, 12:22 PM
Definitely looking forward to seeing the finished piece! :thumbs up

Hurry back. :D

14+kitties
March 2nd, 2009, 01:56 PM
Sounds like my kind of project! Good luck. Can't wait to see it!

BenMax
March 2nd, 2009, 02:07 PM
Same here.:)

cpietra16
March 2nd, 2009, 02:23 PM
I can't wait to see it...

TacoGrl
March 2nd, 2009, 03:11 PM
I can't wait to see pics!

You are lucky to have talent...I can barely sign my name much less create something beutiful :frustrated:

Dee-O-Gee
March 3rd, 2009, 07:45 PM
Hi guys thanks for the good vibes :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

Taking a break tonight....got all my stuff out and the background is almost complete. :thumbs up

I dabbled once before in painting pictures of an animals...(copy below.) This particular picture took me quite some time to complete (about 2 months) and was done before children :eek: yet :cloud9:

I found a picture of this tiger in National Geographic way back in the eighties. I am happy to say that I didn't trace it and it's wasn't a paint by number :laughing::laughing:

I'm hoping that once I'm done the Rainbow picture and the oils dry, I will be able to scan and attached. :highfive:

Will check back on the forum--take care :thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee
March 5th, 2009, 05:51 PM
HI EVERYONE :lovestruck::lovestruck:

Rainbow picture is coming along just fine... I have trees in my thumb nail (green paint) and blue skies in my index finger (blue paint).

Judging by some recent posts, :rip: Cobalt and :rip:Trixie, I hope I can complete this picture soon. I'm going to place a delicate picture of bridge in the picture (even though there isn't one there). It will be subtle yet noticeable. Keep the :fingerscr:fingerscr ed.

Thanks TerriCito for your concerns & Gryphon. It's weird that the blueness just disappeared! It was there 2 days ago and tonight it's gone :confused: I'm still going to get him into the vet for a check up anyway.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=60434

Take care and thanks for all the good :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper
March 5th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Great job on the painting :thumbs up I absolutely love the background in that one - such stormyness/mystery to it :D

Adding a bridge to the Rainbow painting will be just purrfect :)

Dee-O-Gee
March 7th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Thank you growler :)

I'm thinking of also adding a silhouette of a dog sitting next to the bridge and a green grassy knoll amongst the sandy beach shore.

I completed the shoreline on Thursday and wanted the paint to cure for 48 hours before continuing. :lightbulb:

Having said this....I'm signing off from the forum and back at the drawing board. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
March 7th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Sounds like it's moving right along, klmccallum! :thumbs up

Your panther painting looks just like the pics we're getting on the news these days. There's a cougar in the Spooner area. The DNR got a couple of guys with hounds and they managed to tree it and photograph it, but couldn't quite convince it to put on the radio collar they wanted it to wear. :D I guess the tranqs they were using weren't powerful enough. :shrug:

Dee-O-Gee
March 12th, 2009, 09:19 PM
:laugh:Hi Guys :whistle::clap:

Well the paintings coming along--o.k. :shrug:

I attached a picture of what I've done so far and is slowly becoming the base of the painting. :laugh:

It's still a fair bit away from being done. Gotta lot more work and detailing to do still.

As I'm a south :pawprint:, I gotta SLOWLY work from right to left and I tend to get very frustrated :frustrated:

Painted last night--curing tonight so I thought I would pop in an say HELLOW :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
March 12th, 2009, 09:49 PM
It's starting to take shape! :thumbs up Have you decided what the bridge is going to look like, yet? Stone? Wood? Built of mist? :D

14+kitties
March 12th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Looks good to me so far! :highfive: I think it will be wonderful when it is done.

And what's wrong with being a south paw young lady? We all manage to adjust. We just do things a little differently. :shrug::D

Dee-O-Gee
March 12th, 2009, 10:04 PM
It's starting to take shape! :thumbs up Have you decided what the bridge is going to look like, yet? Stone? Wood? Built of mist? :D

Thanks Hazelrun :)
I think I'm going to bring the bridge from the lower left towards the rainbow reflection in the water--more of a subtle (misty) looking bridge. :shrug:

Last night I sketched a bridge in pencil with a person sitting on the grass (back facing) with a dog (back facing) looking towards the rainbow in the water---humph? :lightbulb:

Looks good to me so far! :highfive: I think it will be wonderful when it is done.

And what's wrong with being a south paw young lady? We all manage to adjust. We just do things a little differently. :shrug::D

Thanks 14+ :) for the good :goodvibes:

Yeah right---backwards, sideway and up-side-down :rolleyes:

14+kitties
March 12th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Y'know, I don't do things like that. I pretty much do things the way right handers do. It just looks backward to them. :shrug: Nothing wrong with that. I am sure you will do just fine.

Dee-O-Gee
March 12th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Y'know, I don't do things like that. I pretty much do things the way right handers do. It just looks backward to them. :shrug: Nothing wrong with that. I am sure you will do just fine.

Thanks 14+ I saw the forum of the carving you did for Hazelrun with the pack in the window and the beautiful parrot carving :)

I guess it's o.k. to be a backwards artistic south :pawprint:

Keeps are minds stimulated!! :lightbulb:

growler~GateKeeper
March 13th, 2009, 12:38 AM
The painting is coming along beautifully :highfive: