Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Jon & Kate plus 8 (and 2 puppies!!)

onster
March 1st, 2009, 05:35 PM
I sometimes catch this show..I think the little kids are too cute. Yesterday I watched an episode where they got not one but 2 little german sheps. They were so cute but I think they got them from a BYB? :mad: When they brought them home this was apparently the first time they were in a house ( all the dogs an pups were in kennels outside).

I wonder how they will handle 2 puppies and 8 kids!! :crazy:

I thought if u get 2 puppies its good not to get littermates?

here's a youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdbUZ2YJiFw&eurl=http://www.babylune.com/jon-kate-plus-8-add-dogs/

and heres a link with photos of the pups http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/jon-and-kate/slideshows/puppies.html

14+kitties
March 1st, 2009, 05:43 PM
I watched part of that show too. I couldn't watch any more when it became clear Mom really had no idea how to look after pups and both Mom and Dad did nothing but complain about the poo and pee. :sad: I am wondering how far those pups go before they are outside and on their own.
Maybe though as long as the eyes of the world are on them they will be ok. :fingerscr
I saw the "kennel" too. So sad. Wonder if it would do any good to write them and let them know what is so wrong with it?

onster
March 1st, 2009, 06:18 PM
Yeah they said the extent of their research was reading one of those books from the pet store. That and the pups looked a bit young eh?

I too wondered if they would be destined to be barn dogs....to be honest i dont like Kate's attitude much at all :o

ancientgirl
March 1st, 2009, 06:38 PM
OMG, I was watching bits and pieces of this too. I don't watch this show regularly, well I don't watch it at all really. I really don't like the mom, Kate. Her attitude kind of stinks in my eyes and I wonder sometimes if she's just playing up for the cameras.

I really hated her attitude from the beginning. I mean she did not want those dogs, that was in my opinion obvious. I think at one point she went "ick."

I changed the channel and went back after a few minutes and saw the dogs when she was hold one in some kennel. The puppy was licking her and she said something like "Uh, no I'm not ready for that." :confused:

The only thing I think will keep those dogs from being treated like total crap, is that there are a lot of people watching this, so if she or he or those kids do anything to those dogs that's mean, I like to believe they will never hear the end of it.

lUvMyLaB<3
March 1st, 2009, 08:45 PM
Thanks! because I had the same feelings. They don't have a clue how to raise dogs and they got 2, they never researched the breeds to see what the best fit was. And Kate said so many times that she didn't like them, I think maybe Jon does and hopefully he will care for them. Kate seems to care more about her house being clean then anything else, and they got 2 very young pups that are going to pee and poop in it and shed a lot. Like how many times did she say about them going back already. If she thinks it is bad now wait until the are at that teenage age where they will chew and be jumpy... I am not sure that was the best breed.. maybe a smaller non shedding dog would have been better. I also think they will end up being outside dogs. I don't know what the motivation was to get the dogs but they don't seem to have done a lot of work to learn about the raising and training of a large breed dog.

I don't know about the breeder either. She said she picked that breed because they met the breeder before and he said how great they are and so when they decided to get a dog they called him up. They are registered dogs, but they live in those kennels outside, and there seemed to be a lot of them. Also the mother and father were in the kennel next to the one the pups were in so I assume they are breeding that female again.. Also by the sound of it they paid a lot... I didn't see it on t.v. I heard about them getting pups so I watched it on you tube.

I hope because of who they are, people will be sending them lots of tips and hopefully they will go to classes, we can only hope that kate learns to love them and give them the best, they put them in that kids playpen and then expected them not to poop and pee in it? They peed on the floor about 100 times in that show and she got mad.. how does she expect them not to? There was some video of an adult dog playing with a pup loose, so maybe the breeders let them out sometimes? I sure didn't like how many dogs there seemed to me in those small kennels...Those pups also seemed about 6 maybe 8 weeks at most. They were not even planning on bringing them home, they were not supposed to go for 2 more weeks but then last minute decided to take them because the drive was too long? She was so bossy too...

TacoGrl
March 1st, 2009, 08:48 PM
Another one here not too fond of Kate's attitude...not only pertaining to the pups :rolleyes: I don't watch the show much because of her...Jon seems to be a laid back kind of guy (likable) and the kids are kind of bratty (there are soooo many of them!), but that Kate...

If those two have such struggle with eight and two dogs, I wonder how that loser with 14 all by herself on assistance is going to do :frustrated:

Regarding the dogs...I saw a bit of that too...I laughed when they peed and Kate got all upset! LOL! Welcome to the wonderful world of untrained puppyhood Kate! :highfive:

I think they should have a new show...Jon, new mommy plus eight with two pups!

onster
March 1st, 2009, 08:55 PM
Glad Im not alone!!

Anyone else feel kinda bad for maddy? She has all these tantrums but I think she just wants attention. It was kind of sad how she got so upset and wanted a dog 'that would love her only'...or maybe im reading too much into it .

Kate is super bossy and says the weirdest things sometimes. Once she was telling the kids "your dad does not care for your safety" , she was kinda ranting over something that Jon did...but who tells little kids that?? really? even if ure not serious!!! Sometimes i wonder how much of it is played up for the cams...

Anyways back to the pups..I suppose lots of people get dogs like they do with just as little research :shrug: I do hope they train them properly for everyone's sake.

I read this article yesterday and found it quite interesting..long though. http://www.phillymag.com/articles/jon_and_kate_gosselin/page1

Melinda
March 1st, 2009, 08:56 PM
I also couldn't watch all of that show...that woman drives me nuts...I had 7 children under the age of 5 in my daycare and I had no problems like she does....routine and organizing is the key, mind you she has them over night, mine went home *L* except for my own two of course. But when I saw them add those two pups to the mix???? too too much for me, she is now using the pups as threats against the kids "look after them or they go back"....nice thing to teach children, dogs are disposable, hopefully viewers will send idea's to them.....

onster
March 1st, 2009, 08:57 PM
TLC really has a large amount of those large number kids shows now..theres the 18 kids and counting and another one plus jon and kate plus 8

tacogurl are u talking bout nadya whats her name? I think she is just not right in the head!!

onster
March 1st, 2009, 08:59 PM
do u think they did it for ratings melinda? nothing is more awwww than getting puppies! ..i dunno i dont mean to be so skeptical but i just wonder especially given that article i read.

TacoGrl
March 1st, 2009, 09:04 PM
onster...I don't know her name...the one with 6 kids then had 8 more through invetro...yes, something is just wrong with her.

ancientgirl
March 1st, 2009, 09:31 PM
The octuplet mom is Nadya Suleman. I expect her to have her own show on TLC at any moment. :rolleyes:

That article was interesting. I really think they are exploiting those kids big time, and now they have those two puppies which are also giong to be exploited.

What galls me is they are going and speaking at churches and people are giving money to them. there was even a part where it said they gave some of their friends and family their power company account number!

Let's see, I wonder if TLC would be interested in a show about an overweight Latin girl with 5 cats, just trying to get through life? Hmmm...sounds like a hit!

onster
March 1st, 2009, 09:33 PM
They must make a lot of money eh AG! I mean their house being 1.3 million dollars or whatever...yet only the hubby works and it doesnt seem like he has this amaaaazing crazy job or anything. Or maybe they just get an insane amount of donations?

SIL
March 1st, 2009, 10:00 PM
Onster...the article is very interesting...thanks for sharing it.

I also think that the kids are being exploited, at the beginning they both worked and just survived with the 8 kids. Now, after a hair transplant, teeth whitening, tummy tuck and multiple free trips life is grand. I don't believe Jon works anymore and now the new house is HUGE!!! She keeps saying the kids deserve it but who's kidding who.

Now they added 2 young puppies to the mix and don't seem to know what to do. It was sad to see all the dogs in their kennels, they mentioned that the dogs had never been inside a house before.:sad: I hope it all works out, since the audience is watching.

MommaKat
March 1st, 2009, 10:49 PM
I think they really rushed into this. I use to like the Show but I agree with that article you linked Onster, it's not as sweet and heartwarming as it once was. I did watch this episode and I don't think it's going to work out, they said often that they had reservations and the first night they brought them home Kate had already threatened to take them back.

I agree with you 14+, I hope because the world is watching that they will take good care of these dogs.

lUvMyLaB<3
March 1st, 2009, 11:22 PM
That is what bothers me, Kate's attitude.. she is really bossy and quite heartless sometimes, some of the things she says to her kids I could never say, and all of them just want attention, but she is too busy trying to be 'perfect'. I almost cried that one show where she said they always forget that some kids is in time out, and she thought it was funny! that is sad.. Threatening all the time to take them back is horrid, and then what, if the kids call her bluff?

I kind of feel bad for that Nadya girl, I mean she really did think she was going to only have one, unreal that six turned to eight, and everyone is so focused on how much she can buy for them when what really matters is how they are loved, that family with 18 seems to be doing ok, and when they had 14 they had very very little money. Their show and jon and kates is what made them so rich. Tlc must pay a lot!! I WANNA SHOW TOO.. call it mommy daddy 3 kids and lotsa animals... That would be entertaining !

Dracko
March 2nd, 2009, 01:24 AM
I kind of feel bad for that Nadya girl, I mean she really did think she was going to only have one, unreal that six turned to eight, and everyone is so focused on how much she can buy for them when what really matters is how they are loved, that family with 18 seems to be doing ok, and when they had 14 they had very very little money. Their show and jon and kates is what made them so rich. Tlc must pay a lot!! I WANNA SHOW TOO.. call it mommy daddy 3 kids and lotsa animals... That would be entertaining !

The family with 18 had their kids one at a time so the older ones were able to help as time went on. PLUS they were financially prepared. They are MARRIED and not single and have rental properties, etc. to support their family. (They are not poor as some people seem to think.) A totally different scenario than a single woman having 8 at one time.

And it does take more than love to raise children. How fair is it for this woman to be so poor NONE of her kids can go on an outing with the school because she doesn't have the $10 to give the kid? That none of them can do any sports cuz she can't afford the equipment for it?

Her own parents have BOTH spoken out on Oprah, Dr. Phil, etc., and said they think she needs psychological help. Quite obviously they know what she is like and realize she didn't have these kids out of "love." Today her mother and stepfather are the ones who pay for almost everything and she pays them NOTHING for housing, etc. If we are going to think about the best for the babies I would think it wouldn't be with this woman who has no concept of reality and lives in an Angelina Jolie fantasy world.

flipgirl4
March 2nd, 2009, 01:37 AM
I heard that in future shows, they get rid of the puppies. Personally, I think the producers put them up to it. I mean, watching a family do their daily stuff is boring. The more kids you have, the more routine you must have to get things done so they had to add 2 puppies into the mix. Plus, Kate doesn't seem like the type to want puppies. I wonder if she'll take pictures of their poo when they poo outside. I don't watch the show but I feel bad for the kids. Having their lives displayed on TV. I guess they have to find a way to afford all those kids.

Melinda
March 2nd, 2009, 05:35 AM
yes I do believe it was for ratings Onster...nice way to use pups isn't it??

14+kitties
March 2nd, 2009, 07:05 AM
I sincerely hope that they do not give those pups up. Talk about passing along the message that pets are disposable! :frustrated: Kate has always been bossy with Jon. She does most of the talking while he sits back and tries to get words in sideways. I remember when she was on Dr90210 and wanted a belly tuck and breat implants. He did the tuck but refused to do the implants. He said she didn't need them. I think from the looks of the pics I've seen lately she's had them somewhere. :rolleyes:

The family with 18 Drako is right. The first time they came on TLC they were in the process of building their home. They did most of it themselves. Even the little ones were painting. Dad is a real estate agent too along with the rental properties. (Can you tell I used to be a TVholic? :o:sad:) I am sure they get paid to do the show but I would imagine Mom and Dad have their heads on right.

ancientgirl
March 2nd, 2009, 08:56 AM
Onster, never let it be said that the viewing public are totally heartless. They are playing many people, hard working honest people out of their money. This article talks about speaking engagements they have, but at churches. That's where you are going to get the most sympathy, not to mention you'll look like a hero for not aborting any of your fetuses.

Kate at one point in that last show was saying how she always wanted a cat, "you know the kind with the smashed in face." Um, okay if you don't even take the time to find out what the name of the breed you have always wanted, they maybe you shouldn't even bother.

What really really makes me angry is, if they take those dogs back, what does that say? People, most people are like lemmings. "Oh, Jon and Kate took their puppies back when it didn't work out so it's okay." That to me is just among the many disturbing things about this show.

The one girl who is a twin is always crying about something. I'm not a child therapist or anything but to me she's crying out for some individual attention. I mean, first it was just her and her sister, and then suddenly it's 6 more! Add to that lights camera action!

And while I think the Duggers are totally nuts, at the very least those people, to my knowledge, have never asked for handouts. Yes, the father does work in real estate, and in their first show I believe they said they lived within their means. The mother home schools, and they have properties and they have no credit cards. The house they built they did much of the work themselves or with friends and family. I'm sure they are now being compensated for having a show as well, and I'll tell you, the mother looks like she's either the most laid back woman on the face of the earth or she's on some serious medication. Still she's not mean or nasty to the kids or her husband.

TacoGrl
March 2nd, 2009, 09:29 AM
There is a HUGE difference between the Duggars, that Nadya woman and Jon & Kate.

The Duggars are VERY religous...their lives revolve around their beliefs...they do not deviate...they are planned and organized...their family and values are the most important things after God...it works for them and while I am by no means anywhere near them in the religion department, I can't help but wonder if we would be better off if we all lived a little more like them in attitude and priority...perhaps not the 18 children LoL, but definately the way they look at life.

The Nadya woman...first, no offense, but who cares if she did not mean to have an additional 8 kids...she already had 6 she could not support! Having kids gradually allows for preparation...not everyone is Angelina and Brad...they have endless pockets and nannies. About the love will conquor all...not much love if everyone is starving, can't afford the basics and feels like overall losers...there will be a time when Nadya starts to resent all the kids for her lot in life (she doesn't seem the type to place blame where it belongs), then what?

Jon & Kate...these are definately people who should have fewer kids...anxiety levels for Kate are way too high...some people can't handle stress and they turn into B*****s...I will giver her the benefit of the doubt that is why she is the way she is. :rolleyes: Still, those kids seem a tad unruly...I realize they are young and starving for attention, but I have to admit, I would leave if they sat beside me at a restaurant. Instead of implants (I can understand the tummy tuck), they should have gotten a nanny to teach Kate a few things about child rearing...perhaps Jo from Nanny 911? That would be an interesting show...

...gets off soapbox...

ancientgirl
March 2nd, 2009, 09:41 AM
There is a HUGE difference between the Duggars, that Nadya woman and Jon & Kate.

The Duggars are VERY religous...their lives revolve around their beliefs...they do not deviate...they are planned and organized...their family and values are the most important things after God...it works for them and while I am by no means anywhere near them in the religion department, I can't help but wonder if we would be better off if we all lived a little more like them in attitude and priority...perhaps not the 18 children LoL, but definately the way they look at life.

I'm not a hugely religious person, and consider myself more spiritual than anything. I don't think I need to go to church to pray or ask for forgiveness or help with a difficult situation. That said, at the very least these people are trying to tech their kids to be good people and from what little I've seen they don't yell at their children and the kids all seem to get along very well and look like they are well adjusted. So, they must be doing something right.

The Nadya woman...first, no offense, but who cares if she did not mean to have an additional 8 kids...she already had 6 she could not support! Having kids gradually allows for preparation...not everyone is Angelina and Brad...they have endless pockets and nannies. About the love will conquer all...not much love if everyone is starving, can't afford the basics and feels like overall losers...there will be a time when Nadya starts to resent all the kids for her lot in life (she doesn't seem the type to place blame where it belongs), then what?

This woman, in my opinion is just either not right in the head, or smarter than any of us. She's been taking money from insurance companies for an injury she sustained at work. She's had numerous plastic surgeries and I can't help but wonder if she thought having these 8 children would be her meal ticked to getting out from under her parents eye. Her parents are likely telling her how she's messed up her life daily, and they'd be telling her with good reason. I'm sure Nadya is looking for the same kin dof deal Jon & Kate and the Duggers have. TLC is all about these family shows, so I'm actually expecting her on TV any day now with her own show, living in some huge home with several nannies helping her with the day to day care of 14 children, 3 of which are suffering from I believe to be autism.

Jon & Kate...these are definately people who should have fewer kids...anxiety levels for Kate are way too high...some people can't handle stress and they turn into B*****s...I will giver her the benefit of the doubt that is why she is the way she is. :rolleyes: Still, those kids seem a tad unruly...I realize they are young and starving for attention, but I have to admit, I would leave if they sat beside me at a restaurant. Instead of implants (I can understand the tummy tuck), they should have gotten a nanny to teach Kate a few things about child rearing...perhaps Jo from Nanny 911? That would be an interesting show...

If I was in a restaurant and they came to sit next to me, I'd probably LEAVE! Kate has certainly reaped the benefits of being a reality star. Look at her when the show first started and now. She looks amazing. You'd never think she is the mother of 8 kids.

...gets off soapbox...

I'll accompany you getting off the soapbox :D

Diamondsmum
March 2nd, 2009, 09:49 AM
I thought Id add to this.. I to couldnt watch that episode with the puppies.

Actually I am finding it harder & harder to watch at all.

Those poor twins the lack of attention (I think it was mady who said she wanted a puppy that would only love her)

But sopposidly march 9th episode one of the pups end up at vet unexpectily.

Theres a facebook fan group who have 32,000+ members & a wall post about the puppies many on there also Agree they shouldnt have gotten them.

:sad:

ancientgirl
March 2nd, 2009, 10:07 AM
I thought Id add to this.. I to couldnt watch that episode with the puppies.

Actually I am finding it harder & harder to watch at all.

Those poor twins the lack of attention (I think it was mady who said she wanted a puppy that would only love her)

But sopposidly march 9th episode one of the pups end up at vet unexpectily.

Theres a facebook fan group who have 32,000+ members & a wall post about the puppies many on there also Agree they shouldnt have gotten them.

:sad:

I will be very angry if anything happens to any of those puppies for the sake of ratings.

mafiaprincess
March 2nd, 2009, 10:29 AM
I've been reading a few blogs recently about them and been turned to some interesting articles. A few people who live in the area say that the family got the dogs for protection purposes, so they may be moving outside.. A few others say the dogs got shipped off to training camp for a week, and then shortly after disappear along with a story line that one of the kids suddenly developed allergies. It's said that a future episode has the kids visiting the dogs at their new home which is rumoured to be a farm.. but we won't know for sure till future episodes air.

I wouldn't be surprised though as this is the family that also rehomed their cats when Kate was prague as they didn't have time to care for them anymore.

Great blog I've been reading.. people think they are exploiting the children and would like them to stop. It's about the puppy episode http://gosselinswithoutpity.blogspot.com/2009/02/puppies-february-23.html

The march 9th episode apparently Nala eats a toy horse and needs it surgically removed. Someone in the area happened to be at the vet that day who posts on that blog. Though till any of these episodes actually airs, who knows if it's true or not.

ancientgirl
March 2nd, 2009, 10:37 AM
Greeeeeat, the allergy excuse. :rolleyes:

onster
March 2nd, 2009, 10:48 AM
hmmm allergies eh???

Didnt aunt beth (or was it Jodi?) have dogs that the kids were afraid of yes, but werent allergic to??? The plot thickens lol.

great blog mafiaprincess

I didnt know kate got rid of her cats during pregnancy?

lUvMyLaB<3
March 2nd, 2009, 11:12 AM
I am not saying i agree with what the octomom did, at all, I just think it is hard enough being her, I cannot imagine what it feels like to have the whole world condemn you.. there are many many large families that do ask for help.. I think she needs help not to be bashed and beaten the way she is. The babies are here and that can't be changed so going on for hours about why she had them isn't going to change anything. I hope she finds help and support somewhere. Lets hope she doesn't get some puppies for her kids for Christmas....

lUvMyLaB<3
March 2nd, 2009, 11:24 AM
oh and yes, they got them for "guard" dogs, that is what they named the male dog whatever the name was, after a huge security guard they met in Hawaii, Jon said because that is what he is, a big strong guard dog...

poor poor puppies.. I am sure the famous allergy excuse will come up.. lets just hope it is soon before it just gets harder on the puppies, they are going to be beautiful dogs and they deserve to be in a family where they will be treated like they should with all the attention and care..

mafiaprincess
March 2nd, 2009, 11:28 AM
They talk about the cats in one of the Q and A episodes. They got rid of them during the original pregnancy with twins. TLC even shows a clip of video of the cats playing in the living room together. The excuse was something along the lines of not having time for them anymore once they had 2 kids.

lUvMyLaB<3
March 2nd, 2009, 09:10 PM
uhmm.. and another question, doesn't this family go on vacations about as often as I go to the bathroom?? What will they do with the puppies?

Dracko
March 2nd, 2009, 11:16 PM
I am not saying i agree with what the octomom did, at all, I just think it is hard enough being her, I cannot imagine what it feels like to have the whole world condemn you.. there are many many large families that do ask for help.. I think she needs help not to be bashed and beaten the way she is. The babies are here and that can't be changed so going on for hours about why she had them isn't going to change anything. I hope she finds help and support somewhere. Lets hope she doesn't get some puppies for her kids for Christmas....

I think people need to be held accountable. If someone murders someone we can forgive but they should still be told how wrong it was and pay the cost. Her "cost" is everybody's judgement, which is a natural reaction. To simply say they are here and not be honest isn't reasonable, imo.

She needs help, yes. Probably should be adopting out the kids so they have a decent home. As someone said earlier, even if she'd only intended to have 1 more kid it was 1 too many. As far as I'm concerned she needs to hear the negative comments and face reality. Quite obviously by the interviews she's given lately she hasn't yet.

Time for her to stop thinking of herself and step up to do what is in the best interest of the children. AND I think as long as the rest of the world is supporting her and her kids I think everyone has a right to complain and say whatever they want about her.

At least people like John and Kate seem to have given their children a good quality of life. People on here might not like Kate but their kids are for the most part happy and well looked after. They aren't collecting welfare nor are the Duggers.

As far as Kate/John adopting the dogs obviously not a great idea from the start. If anything they should have adopted cats that at least would have required less maintanence. But with all those kids fish probably would have been the best choice.

Dog Dancer
March 3rd, 2009, 12:21 PM
I feel badly for these puppies, as I don't think Kate wants them and is certainly too much of a clean freak to deal with them. For sure they'll end up in the garage or outside if they stay at all. If they do rehome the dogs I will certainly be writing a letter to the network expressing my opinion and the fact that I will never tune in again. Not that I'm a regular, but I do surf by it.

The Duggars are just fine. Not my life style, but that's fine. They have a good life and are more than able to take care of themselves.

As for Nadia and her brood. I'd like to know who paid for her procedure. I know it's not cheap. And I agree that so long as she's accepting financial assistance from the tax paying public we can say what we want. She was interviewed on Entertainment Tonight yesterday and was talking about her new house she's moving into with three nannies and a bunch of volunteers. Where'd that come from when most of the working people in the US and Canada are having a hard time holding onto their homes?? She's obviously signed some type of $$ deal somewhere. I wouldn't watch a show on her on principle and why she's on ET is beyond me, she's no celebrity.

ancientgirl
March 3rd, 2009, 12:46 PM
I feel badly for these puppies, as I don't think Kate wants them and is certainly too much of a clean freak to deal with them. For sure they'll end up in the garage or outside if they stay at all. If they do rehome the dogs I will certainly be writing a letter to the network expressing my opinion and the fact that I will never tune in again. Not that I'm a regular, but I do surf by it.

The Duggars are just fine. Not my life style, but that's fine. They have a good life and are more than able to take care of themselves.

As for Nadia and her brood. I'd like to know who paid for her procedure. I know it's not cheap. And I agree that so long as she's accepting financial assistance from the tax paying public we can say what we want. She was interviewed on Entertainment Tonight yesterday and was talking about her new house she's moving into with three nannies and a bunch of volunteers. Where'd that come from when most of the working people in the US and Canada are having a hard time holding onto their homes?? She's obviously signed some type of $$ deal somewhere. I wouldn't watch a show on her on principle and why she's on ET is beyond me, she's no celebrity.

DD, I don't watch the show either, but I do surf by it and stop now and then. If they give those dogs away or exile them to be basement dogs or outside dogs all the time, or even give them away, they will certainly hear from me and a lot of other people.

Octomom, has a website where she actively asks for donations. So in my eyes, she's not off limits. I do hope she does the right thing and adopts some of those children to homes that can better provide for them. I'm not just talking about material things. If you have 2 or 3 kids, it's hard enough giving each one individual attention, but 14? Especially 8 that are the same age and 6 that are young and close in age.

Melinda
March 3rd, 2009, 03:45 PM
those 8 babies can NOT be split up.......imagine splitting up a family......no I don't agree with what she did, but its done...cant redo it......so they go on from here....poor babies

TacoGrl
March 3rd, 2009, 05:05 PM

This world is certainly :censored: up isn't it?!? :frustrated:

I won't be watching it either...not even out of curiousity...I WILL be watching my e-mail going to the sponsors and/or network though.

Dracko
March 3rd, 2009, 09:48 PM
those 8 babies can NOT be split up.......imagine splitting up a family......no I don't agree with what she did, but its done...cant redo it......so they go on from here....poor babies

So if they would have a better quality of life in different homes it would still be better to keep them together in an environment that wasn't suitable for that many kids? To have a mother who couldn't financially provide for them and quite possibly is unstable (as per her parents comments) is better?

She could easily opt for open adoptions whereby the children know one another.

There are millions of children who are adopted and have great lives. And yes, even children from multiple births that aren't necessarily adopted out together.

TacoGrl
March 3rd, 2009, 10:57 PM
The open adoption idea is good...TLC could follow them around to their new homes...have reunion specials...oh, it's endless fun!!!

Seriously though, open adoptions would be a good idea...the kids' needs are what matter here...not what the stupid mother wants. :frustrated:

Melinda
March 4th, 2009, 05:34 AM
Drako...obviously adoption works *LOL* Look at my family....give me a break here, I am definitely not against adoption, but for the well being of the babies, IF they are adopted out it should be as a whole....you do not split up womb mates...believe me, it will have disastrous conscienquenses, this I have seen first hand...should she have had 8? no, of course not...should childrens aid society step in, yes.....just don't split them up.

Ford Girl
March 4th, 2009, 08:44 AM
I just saw the preview for next weeks J&K + 8, and the pup does eat a toy and they see the vet. :yell: Poor pups. Unreal. :sad:

14+kitties
March 4th, 2009, 08:51 AM
These shows are generally filmed so far in advance that whatever happens to the pups has already happened. It is so sad. :sad: I doubt that writing to them will do much to change their feelings. Although I am working on it. :rolleyes:
As for Ms. AJ Wannabe...... yeah. She obviously does not know how to tell the truth OR look after her kids. Good idea to have eight more!! :wall:

ancientgirl
March 4th, 2009, 08:52 AM
FG, I think I read that happening on that blog about them. Apparently there are some places they got spoilers. Those people are not pet people. They should wait until those kids are a little older, because if Kate isn't willing to stop her complaining and train the dogs then they shouldn't have gotten them.

As for the Octomom. I don't see anything wrong with open adoptions. Those children are going to live off the system for most of their life, as the mother is not stable. She wants to finish school to be a counselor. That in and of itself is scary, for her to be counseling anyone, but that type of career isn't one that lends itself to taking care of 14 kids.

If homes can be found for the 8, and they can know each other than I see nothing wrong with it.

For crying out loud, her mother was taking care of the first 6, so how much time can she devote to the other 8. Not to mention she said she wants to write a book about her experience. With what time? Is she going to throw the responsibility of taking care of those kids solely on her mother and the nannies and volunteers, so she can sit back and finish school and write a book? What's wrong with this picture?

Dracko
March 4th, 2009, 12:39 PM
For crying out loud, her mother was taking care of the first 6, so how much time can she devote to the other 8. Not to mention she said she wants to write a book about her experience. With what time? Is she going to throw the responsibility of taking care of those kids solely on her mother and the nannies and volunteers, so she can sit back and finish school and write a book? What's wrong with this picture?

I agree. And did you notice she often seems out and about? Even got her nails done the other day. When does a mother fo 6 have time for something like that (or the $) let alone a woman who has 8 babies in the hospital. I'd be either with my kids at home or in the hospital ALL THE TIME.

She is so disconnected from the reality of her situation.

Oh and as someone mentioned earlier. Wonder how the proceedure to have the eggs implanted was paid for in the first place?!?!?!? Not to mention her lip injections.

ancientgirl
March 4th, 2009, 01:14 PM
I agree. And did you notice she often seems out and about? Even got her nails done the other day. When does a mother fo 6 have time for something like that (or the $) let alone a woman who has 8 babies in the hospital. I'd be either with my kids at home or in the hospital ALL THE TIME.

She is so disconnected from the reality of her situation.

Oh and as someone mentioned earlier. Wonder how the proceedure to have the eggs implanted was paid for in the first place?!?!?!? Not to mention her lip injections.

Dracko, I wonder too. Geez, I haven't had a manicure in over 7 years, because I just can't spare that $20. Where is she getting it with now 14 kids?

lUvMyLaB<3
March 4th, 2009, 02:38 PM
I know a family that is on assistance, and no one is going to school, not just food stamps, assistance and live in subsidised housing, but they are amazing parents, I would never suggest someone take their kids away.. If some one didn't agree with what I do and say that I should have my kids taken away I cannot imagine how it would hurt. The foster system is already overfull and often has tragic outcomes. I think we need to wait, and give her a chance. The best thing by far is to hope that she gets the support she needs and cares for all her kids, if her parents are there and helping out, there is a good chance that they will have a good future, probably better than if they were split up and thrown into the foster system. I don't like her choices but I am not going to judge her. I wish her nothing but the best.

flipgirl4
March 5th, 2009, 08:18 AM
I think people need to be held accountable. If someone murders someone we can forgive but they should still be told how wrong it was and pay the cost. Her "cost" is everybody's judgement, which is a natural reaction. To simply say they are here and not be honest isn't reasonable, imo.

She needs help, yes. Probably should be adopting out the kids so they have a decent home. As someone said earlier, even if she'd only intended to have 1 more kid it was 1 too many. As far as I'm concerned she needs to hear the negative comments and face reality. Quite obviously by the interviews she's given lately she hasn't yet.

Time for her to stop thinking of herself and step up to do what is in the best interest of the children. AND I think as long as the rest of the world is supporting her and her kids I think everyone has a right to complain and say whatever they want about her.

At least people like John and Kate seem to have given their children a good quality of life. People on here might not like Kate but their kids are for the most part happy and well looked after. They aren't collecting welfare nor are the Duggers.

As far as Kate/John adopting the dogs obviously not a great idea from the start. If anything they should have adopted cats that at least would have required less maintanence. But with all those kids fish probably would have been the best choice.

I was watching the news and it said that the police or some kind of authority had often been called because she couldn't find one of her kids. They would just be wandering around.

Next thing you know, there will be a movie about her to increase sympathy for her. Or some reality show like J&K+8. And I bet she's banking on it. Please. I don't know, how does she afford 6 kids let alone 14? She just got a 2800 square foot house. Must be nice.

It's nice that she loves kids and all, but there is something to be said about being responsible and not abusing the resources available. Like you said, if we're paying for the care of her kids or her lifestyle, then we should have a say. Honestly, there are tons of single mothers who abuse the system and kieep having kids. (I'm just referring to those single mothers not to all)

I wonder how the J&K+8 story would pan out if they didn't have the show to support them.

ancientgirl
March 5th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I don't know how true this is, but I was listening to the radio this morning and they said she'd been offered help from some non-profit agencies. She turned down the help because there was no reality show deal along with it.

Maybe it's true, maybe it isn't, but I just feel like there is a portion of our society that feels they are entitled to have the rest of society pay for their mistakes. If this woman felt she would be able to get some sort of a TV deal because of having these kids, that's inexcusable.

mafiaprincess
March 6th, 2009, 08:45 PM
I wonder how the J&K+8 story would pan out if they didn't have the show to support them.

Big fan of this from 2005 when the 6 babies were born.. Medicaid wanted to cut her off of her 30 hour a week nurse after a year and she tried to fight it. No idea if she won or not. Couldn't have been that long after they started the show though.

Kate Gosselin said she feels society has a responsibility to help with the children, since modern medicine promotes the use of fertility drugs, which can lead to multiple births.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1400462/posts

Aunt Jodi's sister and her views on the exploitations of the kids http://truthbreedshatred.blogspot.com/

ancientgirl
March 6th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Where does she get off saying something like that? I'm sorry, but society is NOT responsible for taking care of her children. She didn't HAVE to take fertility drugs and she didn't HAVE to have all those babies (don't want to get into an abortion debate here.) She had a choice and it's not society's responsibility to take care of her kids. Just like Suleman's kids.

Man, I'm so tired of people not accepting responsibility for their actions.

Bailey_
March 10th, 2009, 11:42 AM
I think I may have a bit of a different view about Jon and Kate plus 8, though not to say I agree with much that has previously been said about them.

First of all, as far as the puppies are concerned - I totally agree with many here. My jaw DROPPED to the floor when I found out that they were bringing home *two* puppies. In that area, I don't think they had been properly educated and I really think that the responsibility should've laid on the GSD breeder they bought from to advise the family to take ONE. Many people for some reason think that two puppies will keep one another company, or that if they have a big family they need more than one dog in order that the lone animal won't be overwhelmed with attention. As we all know, puppies LOVE attention. The more, the better. So yeah, I really think that's where they screwed up.

As far as getting a GSD with the possibility of it being an outside dog, I think that this is a great thing! They have a TON of land now, so it's obvious that they waited until they were out of the city to bring a big dog home - which a lot of other people do not do. I'm not saying a dog needs a lot of land if they're big; we own a labradoodle and live in a city - but I think that's commendable for sure.

I also do not have eight kids. And for those that do, I'd be willing to bet that they didn't all come at once. I have one daughter and am constantly finding myself in tizzy over the smallest things; with ONE kid! I can't imagine adding seven more to the mix, all the same young age and all so incredibly dependent on me. Kate has done amazing with her children, in my opinion. And I certainly am not a saint - I too have found myself blasting my husband a new one, and I have waaaay less stress than Kate and Jon most likely do.

I guess my point is that over the course of their television debut, I think that both Jon and Kate are wonderful parents. They are raising eight very different children and doing so to the best of their abilities.

The OctoMom is CRAZY! I don't understand a woman's thinking when she has six beautiful children to support already. It's not like she 'accidently' concieved this many kids...but to go out and do it on purpose?
I do think that this whole thing is going to have very sad reppercussions for the invetro world. Women who actually still want very badly to have a baby and need help doing so are going to have a harder time now, all because of this whole thing and the media attention that Nadya is craving. I thought that there was a great blog video on this site about the arguments. http://www.momversation.com

onster
March 10th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Did anyone watch the episode yesterday?

Yeah i thnk theyre definately getting rid of the dogs. Kate said "I liked them at first" The vet asked "whose dog is this" and all the kids said "its everyones but mom's" Also at one point Jon said I like our dogs, then he corrected himself saying *my* dogs. Kate is very over the dogs and its obvious. She's still threatening to take the dogs back!!! She told the twins take the dogs out or Ill take them back :rolleyes: I mean if anything thats teaching your kids that dogs are disposable.

Bailey I agree with you that the breeder shouldve adviced them better but I dont think the breeder they got their dog from was a good breeder.

You are right it is amazing that they are raising that many kids without going totally bonkers but if you read the article posted in the phillymag (http://www.phillymag.com/articles/jon_and_kate_gosselin/ ) you see another side of these cameras and all. Your kids shouldnt be your meal ticket.

onster
March 10th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Heres an article bout last nights episode http://watching-tv.ew.com/2009/03/jon-kate-plus-e.html and some comments underneath are pretty interesting. Many agree with you Bailey :thumbs up

ancientgirl
March 10th, 2009, 12:15 PM
The thing is, I don't think she's raising those kids by herself. Up to now, she's had friends and family around. I don't know about now, since from what I read some of those people are no longer on the show.

I just think this is glamorizing multiple births. Not everyone has help both physically day to day and monetarily. I mean, how many shows can you possibly have about multiple birth households or even large families? TLC has this show, the Duggars and now there is another one they are going to start running.

Melinda
March 10th, 2009, 12:51 PM
we had two families here in town living across from each other, one family had 24 kids and the other had 19 (none were multiple births either) I use to love going over there for meal times! in the "old" days , families were much much larger, my FIL came from a family of 13 children and his best friend was from a family of 15 boys who lived across the "field" from a family of 13 girls.......

Bailey_
March 10th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Onster, thanks for posting that article, it was really interesting.

I thought this person made a REALLY great comment about a very important fact:

"I wish they hadn't bought those dogs home. If they get rid of them they are showing people that animals are disposable. They cause a bit of trouble, give them away. They are in the way? Give them away. They should have waited until those kids were older to have ANY kind of a pet. "

It's sooo true! Regardless of whether or not they should've gotten two dogs - the fact is that they did. And now, with Kate apparently not being 100% behind the families decision (I haven't watched the show with the vet trip yet) that could cause some issues.

I agree Onster, the breeder could not have been THAT great of a breeder if he didn't give the Gosselins more information about what they were about to take on. (Plus, he let them take the puppies early which - regardless of whether or not it was a long drive - was incredibly irresponsible.)
It's sad that there are pple out there that do this just for the money; it's the reason there are so many stray dogs out there....
Which leads me to another point.

I find it very interesting that they chose to get these dogs from a breeder and did not even look at a shelter. You would think that *someone* would have reccomended them to do so?

Hopefully they keep the dogs - especially BECAUSE people are watching.

ancientgirl
March 10th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Onster, thanks for posting that article, it was really interesting.

I thought this person made a REALLY great comment about a very important fact:

"I wish they hadn't bought those dogs home. If they get rid of them they are showing people that animals are disposable. They cause a bit of trouble, give them away. They are in the way? Give them away. They should have waited until those kids were older to have ANY kind of a pet. "

It's sooo true! Regardless of whether or not they should've gotten two dogs - the fact is that they did. And now, with Kate apparently not being 100% behind the families decision (I haven't watched the show with the vet trip yet) that could cause some issues.

I agree Onster, the breeder could not have been THAT great of a breeder if he didn't give the Gosselins more information about what they were about to take on. (Plus, he let them take the puppies early which - regardless of whether or not it was a long drive - was incredibly irresponsible.)
It's sad that there are pple out there that do this just for the money; it's the reason there are so many stray dogs out there....
Which leads me to another point.

I find it very interesting that they chose to get these dogs from a breeder and did not even look at a shelter. You would think that *someone* would have reccomended them to do so?

That was my comment. I used my middle name. :D I just hate that they are sending that kind of a message. Especially these days, when people are getting practically thrown out of their homes and leaving their pets behind.

Bailey_
March 10th, 2009, 03:27 PM
haha, Ancientgirl! Well you were right! I agree completley!

Dracko
March 11th, 2009, 03:50 AM

While I agree it sends a bad message for them to give them up it is probably in the best interest of the dogs to not stay with them if they aren't being looked after properly.

That breeder had to be nuts to have thought 2 GSDs were a good idea for people who really didn't know much about dogs and obviously didn't have a lot of time on their hands. As a GSD owner and a "cat person" who basically had Dracko dumped on me years ago I had no idea what I was getting myself into. While he is my baby now I went through really trying times trying to learn how to be a good owner for him. I had no idea what I was doing and even read "Puppy Training for Dummies" to get a clue.

This family, imo, would have been better off with smaller dogs (well, none would have been best) and probably ones that were not puppies and already trained to some extent (housebroken, etc). Any breeders I have ever spoken to would never have agreed to place there dogs in a home like that were there was no experience on raising dogs and the parents had their hands full already.

Bailey_
March 11th, 2009, 10:39 AM
While I agree it sends a bad message for them to give them up it is probably in the best interest of the dogs to not stay with them if they aren't being looked after properly.

That breeder had to be nuts to have thought 2 GSDs were a good idea for people who really didn't know much about dogs and obviously didn't have a lot of time on their hands. As a GSD owner and a "cat person" who basically had Dracko dumped on me years ago I had no idea what I was getting myself into. While he is my baby now I went through really trying times trying to learn how to be a good owner for him. I had no idea what I was doing and even read "Puppy Training for Dummies" to get a clue.

This family, imo, would have been better off with smaller dogs (well, none would have been best) and probably ones that were not puppies and already trained to some extent (housebroken, etc). Any breeders I have ever spoken to would never have agreed to place there dogs in a home like that were there was no experience on raising dogs and the parents had their hands full already.

I absolutley agree that their first mistake was getting two puppies. I'm sure they figured that the puppies would grow and keep one another company and that they'd NEED two puppies for their large family; which is obviously such a misconception.

I don't believe though that a small breed dog would've been better for them, and I still believe they are stuck between a rock and a hard place (at least Kate is anyway) and can't give those dogs away. It's not as though those puppies are being mistreated, neglected, or abused. In my opinion, those are the ONLY times a dog should find a new home; any other reason is exactly why there are so many dogs in shelters today.
Kate doesn't like the mess. She needs to deal with it, because they made a responsible choice to bring them home. She was the one that carried both puppies from the kennel, and she is the one who called the breeder to begin with.
If anything, they need to hire a responsible trainer who can teach the entire family how to do their part in properly taking care of the dogs. But giving away their pets would just show those people who are also at their 'wits end' with their animals, that it's totally okay to cut out of that responsiblity.

Melinda
March 11th, 2009, 11:05 AM
it would turn out alright it they turned the show around and used it to teach people that they should do research, how to tell a "good" breeder etc......

lUvMyLaB<3
March 11th, 2009, 05:03 PM
I agree that they should not give the dogs away, but they need to step up and not continue the way they are... What they were thinking I do not know, why would anyone let a person like her and their family take home 2 large breed puppies at that age when the parents don't know what they are doing?

I am sorry but I saw some of mondays show and it was aweful! How many times a day she is threatening to send them back is terrible! And the kids believe her, one of the twins even said if we don't take care of them they go back. I would never let my kids clean up the pees and poops off the floor!!!! They shoved those dogs outside alone so fast, and one has chewed up a can! Why not go outside WITH the dogs, play ball or something... I think the puppies are going between kennel and outside a lot... They need a wake up call and start treating these puppies properly, period. Before something really really bad happens to one or both of them.. and if they don't work on training soon a kid is going to get hurt, the pups will not know their size and strength and are going to be out of control.. it is like watching a train wreck...

bosluv001
March 11th, 2009, 05:29 PM
there getting separated eh?
i guess he was always out partying telling girls that they were getting separated and one of the girls told a reporter or someting:rip:

onster
March 11th, 2009, 07:30 PM
what?? jon and kate are getting seperated?

Bailey_
March 11th, 2009, 08:42 PM
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_Jon_and_Kate_about_to_divorce

TacoGrl
March 11th, 2009, 08:48 PM
They are denying it, but you know how that dance goes. :shrug:

Bailey_
March 12th, 2009, 12:36 AM
haha, true true!:thumbs up