Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Little update ...

Frenchy
March 1st, 2009, 12:01 PM
For those who asked :) The newbie kitties are doing fine ! Coco loves to zoom late at night , a little in day time too , I wouldn't have pictured her as a goofy cat but she is LOL and I found a way to brush her yesterday wearing .... ski gloves :laughing: she just loves to grab your hand and hang on tight ... Puce , still not in love with Nelly and Nelly respects that , she lets him have his space. Both kitties play with Paddy and Monsieur le chat. Paddy seemed to had a power trip a week ago , but this has passed.

Otherwise , things haven't been too good for me , or Chloe. Money issues for me and Chloe has been getting worse , for about 2-3 weeks now. I have to clean up floors and carpets when I get up in the morning , even if I let her out once or twice during the night. Same when I get home from work. This week end was the worse , I can't even tell you how many times I got up last night , too many to remember. I'm exhausted. She is getting very thin. I had a vet tech to fax me all her file last week. I have a vet appointement at a new clinic next Saturday morning (right in time cuz we'll be out of Lysodren ) and they are waiting for me to fax them all test results this week so they have time to study it. This is Chloe's last chance. :sad:

The Lysodren is obviously not helping , and I'll wait to hear what the vet says. This med is given to human cancer patients as chemo therapy so it must be pretty hard on her system, she does sheds much more , and I'm wondering if this isn't the cause of her weight loss too.

Bailey (11-12 yr old) considering he's now almost blind and has a lump attach to his rib , is doing ok. His tests came back boderline ok (the blood test anyway) and I didn't get the lump tested , as the whole rib would need to be taken out if I would go with surgery , which I will not. And no , I don't want to know if it is cancer. I won't be able to accept that diagnose again , not after loosing Daisy and Sam to it. :o he's doing fine , the lump isn't growing as fast as it used to be , that's all that matters for now.

Nelly , oh Nelly , is doing sooo good ! Hasn't been crated for weeks now ! No destruction , no health issues , listens well to mommy :thumbs up and still grooms her fave cat Paddington :cat:

oh and for anyone who's looking to adopt .... will get a new foster next week end if I can find help with transport. 6 yr old golden female , good with kids , dogs and cats. :dog:

Wish I had better news .... hope all your fuzzbutts are doing ok. :goodvibes:

oh and I forgot one thing .... I now watch the yard closely , even if it's fenced in .... some of you may recall in the fall , I saw something dead by the side of the road (highway here) that looked like a mountain cat or something , was bigger than 100 lbs Sam .... it's been confirmed by the vet here , we have cougars that are from the Adirondack , pretty sure it's too open here (fields) but I'm still being prudent.

Frenchy
March 1st, 2009, 12:08 PM
Little miss Coco , not just a pretty face :)

diandpat
March 1st, 2009, 12:11 PM
OMG she really is gorgeous!!!! Wow!!!!:lovestruck:

(check your pm);)

Frenchy
March 1st, 2009, 12:18 PM
OMG she really is gorgeous!!!! Wow!!!!:lovestruck:

(check your pm);)

It's pretty cute to see her side by side with Nelly , tortie cat , brindle great dane , heck they could be sisters ! :rolleyes: :D

Chaser
March 1st, 2009, 12:27 PM
I'm sorry to hear Chloe and Bailey aren't doing so good. Hopefully the new vet will have a new perspective on things and some bright ideas. :goodvibes: for them both.

Glad to hear the kitties are good...Coco sure is gorgeous! Can you try to get a pic of her with Nelly??? :D Good girl by the way...maybe Nelly knows Mommy has enough to deal with right now and is holding off on any acts of Dane Destruction?

Hang in there Frenchy...your devotion to your animals is amazing. I can't imagine what they would have done without you in their lives. :grouphug:

Looking forward to new foster pics!

hazelrunpack
March 1st, 2009, 12:42 PM
That's a gorgeous shot of Ms Coco! :flirt: I'm glad the kitties are doing so well...sorry about Chloe's news, though :sad: I hope the new vet can find something that helps :grouphug:

Pats all around for the fuzzbutts from ol' hazel :dog: :dog: :dog: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat:

Sheesh...with the foster, you'll be up to 8! :eek: :p

ancientgirl
March 1st, 2009, 01:38 PM
Frenchy, Ms. Coco looks like the last kitty who would succumb to zoomies! LOL. Glad she and Puce are loving their new home.

I'm sorry to hear about Chloe and Bailey. I'll keep them in my prayers and hope they both get better.

BusterBoo
March 1st, 2009, 02:25 PM
Cute kitty!!!!!! and i can only imagine Nelly and Ms CoCo beside each other.... yes, I can imagine the family resemblance :D

I am so sorry to hear that Chloe had a bad weekend and hopefully the new Vets will have something positive to offer. Geez.....you definitely have your hands full with Chloe and Bailey, :pray: that they both get good news and that YOU get some rest.

:grouphug: to you and your gang!

onster
March 1st, 2009, 04:34 PM
Im sorry to hear about chloe :sad::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Im so proud of nelly - what a good girl! Nice to hear the cats are getting along well too.

Cougers eh? thats pretty scary!

:grouphug: for you. I hope things look up soon. Have you started working at home at all?

14+kitties
March 1st, 2009, 04:41 PM
Aww Frenchy! I wish I could do something to help. I really do! I am so so sorry things have been so tough for you. I don't even have any answers for you. Just know we are here for you when you need to talk, b***ch, whine, cry, whatever you need to do. :grouphug: It has got to be so tough for you dealing with Chloe and Bailey. :pray::fingerscr:goodvibes: coming your way!!

MommaKat
March 1st, 2009, 04:56 PM
I'm sorry about Chloe and Bailey :sad: I'll keep :goodvibes: and :fingerscr for them .

TacoGrl
March 1st, 2009, 08:57 PM
Maybe a new perspective will help...not all vets are trained the same way and new eyes on a situation always helps. :fingerscr

...and :grouphug: for you.

On a lighter note...zoomies? Zoomies are for Mazdas! When a cat flies around the room, they are just plain crazy! :crazy: Let's call a spade a spade! :D

Frenchy
March 1st, 2009, 09:07 PM
On a lighter note...zoomies? Zoomies are for Mazdas!

You never saw my great dane zoom from living room to the bed in my bedroom ...and back and forth and back and forth .... :D

hazelrunpack
March 1st, 2009, 09:12 PM
Where is the new foster going to be coming from, Frenchy?

TacoGrl
March 1st, 2009, 09:19 PM
You never saw my great dane zoom from living room to the bed in my bedroom ...and back and forth and back and forth .... :D

OMG! Did I ever misunderstand! I did not realize it was the Dane with the zoomies! I can't even imagine :eek: Do you still have furniture...a TV...walls?

Frenchy
March 1st, 2009, 09:20 PM
Where is the new foster going to be coming from, Frenchy?

She's up north right now (near St-Sauveur for those who know the area) ... still waiting to see if someone from our rescue can help with transport :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
March 1st, 2009, 09:22 PM
:goodvibes: that transport can be easily arranged! :fingerscr

Frenchy
March 1st, 2009, 09:27 PM
OMG! Did I ever misunderstand! I did not realize it was the Dane with the zoomies! I can't even imagine :eek: Do you still have furniture...a TV...walls?

You understood right , Coco is the tortie ... but Nelly is the one with the most zoomies here .... still have furnitures , I just have to put matress back on the bed a few times a day :laughing:

Frenchy
March 1st, 2009, 09:28 PM
:goodvibes: that transport can be easily arranged! :fingerscr

I hope so too ... I've been told this golden had many many litters :sad:

hazelrunpack
March 1st, 2009, 09:42 PM
Poor girl :sad: She deserves a wonderful retirement then! :goodvibes:

SIL
March 1st, 2009, 10:02 PM
Frenchy, I hope your new foster arrives soon. She will definitely feel like she won the lottery once she meets your gang.

Sorry to hear about Chloe and Bailey :grouphug: I hope everything works out for. :fingerscr

Dee-O-Gee
March 1st, 2009, 10:15 PM
I hope so too ... I've been told this golden had many many litters :sad:

Frenchy, I hope your new foster arrives soon. She will definitely feel like she won the lottery once she meets your gang.

Sorry to hear about Chloe and Bailey :grouphug: I hope everything works out for. :fingerscr

Sending you postive :goodvibes: and lots of :grouphug:'s Frenchy!

14+kitties
March 1st, 2009, 10:25 PM
Frenchy to the rescue again. :cloud9: The gal will be in a much better place once you get her home. I am sure she will fit in with the rest of your wonderful family well.
6/49 anyone? We need to win a bunch of jackpots so Frenchy can stay at home with her "kids"!

growler~GateKeeper
March 2nd, 2009, 12:45 AM
Sorry to hear things aren't improving for Chloe :sad: I guess your vet also never got her original file from the rescue? Ask the new vets to contact the rescue or her original vet and request the original file, see if they get a better response :fingerscr

:goodvibes: for Chloes' vet visit

:goodvibes: for Bailey

:thumbs up for Nelly not destroying and being respectfully of Puce

:thumbs up for M Le Chat, Paddy, Puce & Coco for all getting along wonderfully

:grouphug: for you :goodvibes: for better days ahead http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/feiertage/feiertag-smiley-007.gif

clm
March 2nd, 2009, 08:07 AM
I'm sorry you're having problems with Chloe and now Bailey too. You certainly have your hands full. I hope it gets better for you soon. :goodvibes:

Looking forward to seeing pics of your new foster. Sounds like the cats are all doing fine and Nelly is being such a good girl too. Love the pic of coco. She's so pretty.

Cindy

Love4himies
March 2nd, 2009, 08:20 AM
Oh Frenchy, I am so so sorry to hear about Chloe and Bailey :grouphug: Here are some :goodvibes: for her vet visit.

chico2
March 2nd, 2009, 08:34 AM
Frenchy,I had no idea little Chloe was not well and Bailey too:sad:,I hope you get some help with vet-costs from the Rescue and reduced fees:fingerscr
but most of all I :fingerscrit's not something life-threatening for either one,you've had enough sadness:pawprint:

Little CoCo is stunning,I can so see how she and Nelly are able to put a big smile on your face,through all the problems,not to forget the other kitties.:lovestruck:
:pray::grouphug::fingerscr:goodvibes:for Bailey and little sweet Chloe:pray:

The new foster does not know it yet,but she will be in doggie-heaven pretty soon:dog:

Ford Girl
March 2nd, 2009, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the update, huggs to Chloe, poor girl, and poor you - not gettn much sleep. :sleepy::grouphug:

That kittie is super cute!!! I bet her and Nelly match perfectly!!! :lovestruck:

Good luck with that foster frenchy - as much as I wish we lived closer - I'd probably have 5 goldens if we did. ;)

Jim Hall
March 2nd, 2009, 10:19 AM
poor chloe here'ss hoping it gets better

krdahmer
March 2nd, 2009, 11:06 AM
Great news on the kitty front! :thumbs up

So sorry money is tight... I can definitely sympathize there... and I really hope they find a treatment that works for Chloe!:pray: And :goodvibes: for Bailey too... hope it's just some wayward fatty tissue or something!:pray:

Hope you get some sleep soon...:grouphug:

Frenchy
March 2nd, 2009, 08:55 PM
Thank you all for your good words :grouphug:

Frenchy to the rescue again. :cloud9: The gal will be in a much better place once you get her home. I am sure she will fit in with the rest of your wonderful family well.

bad news for me but good news for Dixie , since no one could help with transport , I asked for someone else to foster her and someone stepped up to the plate :thumbs up I'll make sure Dixie has a thread here , in the adoption forum , once she's in her foster home
6/49 anyone? We need to win a bunch of jackpots so Frenchy can stay at home with her "kids"!

I like the sound of that :D

I guess your vet also never got her original file from the rescue?

Oh but Chloe never got to a rescue , well she did , with me , I was suppose to foster her ... yep , foster failure big time ! The lady from the other rescue (a horse rescue) was trying to help Chloe to find a rescue that would take her. I got the e-mail and thinking she was a golden mix :laughing: I took her ... Poodletalk and another rescue lady picked up Chloe and brought her to me. Now the first rescue lady was suppose to get the vet papers by mail but never did. And I think it's because the owners never took Chloe to the vet ... or didn't care enough about sending her papers. :shrug:

Frenchy
March 2nd, 2009, 09:01 PM
Frenchy,I had no idea little Chloe was not well

Chico2 , it's because it all started a while before Sam passed away. I took Chloe to the vet where she was first diagnose with a UTI , I thought after the meds everything would have been alright , but it was just the beginning.

When I got her last year , she would wake me up every morning at 5 am to go pee. I thought maybe that was her routine at her past owners and I didn't make a big deal about it , I would get up every morning and let her out around 5 , I get up at 5:30 anyway. But in October , before Sam past away , she had accidents in the house , only then I knew something was wrong. :sad:

If it would only been the cushing disease , she would be ok with the Lysodren , but like DR Lee mention , she probably has something else on top of that. And like Hazel mention to me in a pm , cushing can be cause by a tumor (pituary ? sp) that would explain everything ... and there's not much I can do at this point , if this is the case.

hazelrunpack
March 2nd, 2009, 09:25 PM
I'm glad Dixie found another foster--closer to home, I'm assuming? :goodvibes: for her getting a forever home soon!

Is it tomorrow that Chloe goes in to the new vet? :fingerscr that they can come up with a treatment that will work for her! :grouphug:

Frenchy
March 2nd, 2009, 10:08 PM
Is it tomorrow that Chloe goes in to the new vet? :fingerscr

oh I wish , but vets here always close around 7pm so I can never make it in time after work. It's Saturday morning. I can't wait !! :goodvibes:

thanks for the good vibes Hazel !

14+kitties
March 2nd, 2009, 10:17 PM
I really hope this new vet can shed some light/hope on Chloe's situation. It is not nice to deal with. And you need some sleep!!
Sending lots of :fingerscr:goodvibes::pray: for a good appt on Sat.

rainbow
March 3rd, 2009, 02:38 PM
I haven't been on the computer much lately and just found this thread now. :o

Sorry to hear about Bailey and Chloe. :grouphug: Hopefully the new vet will be able to find out what exactly is going on with Chloe. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Coco is such a beautiful girl ....I love that pic. :cloud9: Glad to hear that her and Puce are adapting well with the rest of the gang. :thumbs up And, WOO HOO for Nelly being a good girl and behaving for mommy now. :highfive:

Hugs all around from me to you and all the fuzzbutts :grouphug: :grouphug: hope things start looking up for you and good luck with the new vet. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :fingerscr :goodvibes: