Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Baxter is 2 years old today

clm
February 28th, 2009, 06:00 AM
I can't believe it. My tiny little puppy is now a 2 year old. I'll try to get some pics of the birthday boy this afternoon once it warms up a little outside. :laughing:

Cindy

Love4himies
February 28th, 2009, 07:20 AM
happy birthday baxter

SnowDancer
February 28th, 2009, 08:48 AM
I have to ask - has Bentley matured?! My Eskie will turn 5 April 1 and he is as much a puppy as the day he arrived at 13 weeks. From lurking on the Eskie board I did learn that the Spitz breed in general often matures late - 3, 4, 5 - NEVER - lots of Nevers out there. So how is Bentley maturing - and Baxter! The Keeshond I met was about 6 at the time and let's say he and my Eskie had about same level of maturity - zip. Of course some of the puppy behaviours are very cute - others not so much. I am somewhat appalled today - the longest my guy has ever been left alone with his claws and jaws of death is an hour during the daytime. Tonight we are going out for about 3 hours and he will be left alone - can't be crated due to crate terrors thanks to BYB - so will park him by kitchen windown in his Double Deluxe Donut cushion, lights on, radio on - doors to bedroom and bathroom closed - anything off floor that could potentially harm him - can't help the fact that he can jump 5 ft. from a sitting position. He loves to get into our bed and put his head on my pillow, but he also unfortunately still chews the sheets and duvet when excited - and I have been there, done that with coming home and finding a thick thread wrapped around a canine and going down to the intestines - this was with a Dachshund - and off to emergency we went. I suppose we should be very grateful that the thread was still visible. So hopefully we won't be at the McMurrich Emergency in Toronto at 11:00 tonight. What makes me laugh though are the people I know who think he should be just fine alone and that he is spoiled. This from people who take their dogs to work with them and who have never left them alone! Happy Birthday to Bentley. Is he getting a "doggie" cake?

Luvmypitgirls
February 28th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Happy Birthday Baxter!!!
May your special day be filled with "nuggles" and lots and lots of treats!:D

ancientgirl
February 28th, 2009, 12:56 PM
[/SIZE]Sans MS"]HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAXTER!!!!!

I hope you get lots of treats today!

http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1533/1533333f2xr9ifw78.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

chico2
February 28th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Aww Baxter all grown up,hurry up with those pics,ok,it's been a while:dog:HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRETTY BAXTER!

krdahmer
February 28th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Happy Birthday Baxter!!!

Dee-O-Gee
February 28th, 2009, 04:44 PM
A BIG happy birthday to Baxter--Wow....the terrible 2's :wall:

clm
February 28th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Here's the birthday boy. Then and now. First pic is April 28th, 2007, just after we got him home. Next pic is today lounging with his brother.

Cindy

hazelrunpack
February 28th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Always handsome, no matter the age! :flirt:

happy birthday, Baxter!!!!

Winston
February 28th, 2009, 07:59 PM
OMG gorgeous as ever!

Happy Birthday Big Boy!

clm
February 28th, 2009, 08:08 PM
I have to ask - has Bentley matured?! My Eskie will turn 5 April 1 and he is as much a puppy as the day he arrived at 13 weeks. From lurking on the Eskie board I did learn that the Spitz breed in general often matures late - 3, 4, 5 - NEVER - lots of Nevers out there. So how is Bentley maturing - and Baxter! The Keeshond I met was about 6 at the time and let's say he and my Eskie had about same level of maturity - zip. Of course some of the puppy behaviours are very cute - others not so much. I am somewhat appalled today - the longest my guy has ever been left alone with his claws and jaws of death is an hour during the daytime. Tonight we are going out for about 3 hours and he will be left alone - can't be crated due to crate terrors thanks to BYB - so will park him by kitchen windown in his Double Deluxe Donut cushion, lights on, radio on - doors to bedroom and bathroom closed - anything off floor that could potentially harm him - can't help the fact that he can jump 5 ft. from a sitting position. He loves to get into our bed and put his head on my pillow, but he also unfortunately still chews the sheets and duvet when excited - and I have been there, done that with coming home and finding a thick thread wrapped around a canine and going down to the intestines - this was with a Dachshund - and off to emergency we went. I suppose we should be very grateful that the thread was still visible. So hopefully we won't be at the McMurrich Emergency in Toronto at 11:00 tonight. What makes me laugh though are the people I know who think he should be just fine alone and that he is spoiled. This from people who take their dogs to work with them and who have never left them alone! Happy Birthday to Bentley. Is he getting a "doggie" cake?

Yes snowdancer this breed never seems to grow up too. It can take up to 3 years for them to develop their full coats as well and these two are the first I've had that appear to be determined to take that long. Baxter is finally starting to get more of an outercoat now, but he's not going to be in his full coat splendor until next winter. Bentley, my little rock star developed the outercoat and is now working on the undercoat. Total opposites these two. :rolleyes: All of my previous dogs stayed puppylike in behaviour well past their 6th birthdays. They seemed to mellow a little after that, but none of them really seemed to ever grow up. :D

Cindy

14+kitties
February 28th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Awww Happy Birthday you handsome boy!!! I love looking at pics of these two. They are both gorgeous!!!

I hope you had a great day today. It was a little nippy out there.

breeze
February 28th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Happy birthday big boy

can't belive your 2 years old already!!

SnowDancer
March 1st, 2009, 09:56 AM
Cindy, I realized that I was wishing Bentley a Happy Birthday, but it was Baxter - so happy belated to Baxter and early to Bentley. Happy to learn that your guys are also "young"! Elmo's furry hair was fully grown in by the time he was about 1 1/2 years - and he doesn't blow it nearly to the extent that most Eskies do - just the usual tumbleweeds around the house - and my clothes all look tweed. I love the colouring of the Keeshond - Elmo manages to be grey a lot though. And, he survived being left alone last night for 4 hours - the shock and horror of it all! I think the biggest shock to him was that we actually left him - it is always his worry when he thinks someone is going out. When we got home we had major Zoomies - and of course he parked his butt next to cookie jar. Maybe your pups will get their coats just in time for our so-called summer. Elmo's birthday will be April 1 - rather appropriate - with me being the fool.

clm
March 1st, 2009, 09:59 PM
Well, I'm happy he survived the 4 hours alone Snowdancer. :laughing:

This breed is known to have SA issues. I've never encountered any separation anxiety with any of our past dogs, but Baxter is terrible that way. Bentley is fine, but Baxter really panics when we leave. I doubt he'll ever change unfortunately. He doesn't destroy the house or anything thank goodness, but he really makes a horrible fuss about us going and is equally excitable when we return.

Cindy

growler~GateKeeper
March 1st, 2009, 11:16 PM
Happy Belated Birthday Baxter!