Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I can't believe that Vick is OK'd to be let out!

totallyhip
February 26th, 2009, 01:59 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3936529

:wall::wall::wall:

This makes me sad

Jim Hall
February 26th, 2009, 02:52 PM
he did his time now he has to find a job

flipgirl4
February 26th, 2009, 11:42 PM
He has a job...with the NFL. He doesn't seem to be hurting as he still owns 4 houses. I've no doubt the NFL will take him back. He hasn't served all his time and I'm sure he'd rather be home than in jail. He'll just hire some maids and cooks to do all the housework. Well, I'm all for second chances but I hope he takes this second chance to heart.

Luvmypitgirls
February 27th, 2009, 11:21 AM
I hope someone is going to keep a very close eye on him. Anyone as barbaric to participate in the activities he participated in should not be trusted to do not participate in it again.

Is he banned from owning animals? I hope someone will make sure his "friends" aren't obtaining and harboring dogs on his behalf.

I would prefer this poor excuse for a human being never seen the light of day again and shame on the NFL for keeping this !@#$%* in the league.

Chris21711
February 27th, 2009, 11:39 AM
They said in our paper that there was no room in a Halfway House for him, soooooooooooo he gets to go home and put his feet up :frustrated:.....Money talks as always :yell:

marko
February 27th, 2009, 12:21 PM
They said in our paper that there was no room in a Halfway House for him, soooooooooooo he gets to go home and put his feet up :frustrated:.....Money talks as always :yell:

:mad: I've got an ugly uncomfortable concrete basement and I would volunteer it so that he be locked up in it for the next few years. THAT could be his halfway house and it would still be more than he deserves.:evil:

Etown_Chick
February 27th, 2009, 10:03 PM
There's room in my crawlspace, and I'd let him out once a day to shovel the walks.

14+kitties
February 27th, 2009, 10:50 PM
:mad: I've got an ugly uncomfortable concrete basement and I would volunteer it so that he be locked up in it for the next few years. THAT could be his halfway house and it would still be more than he deserves.:evil:

Can we put a couple of ummm big barrels down there? That's about all he deserves.

TeriM
February 28th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Vick also earned substantial sums from endorsement deals with Nike and other companies, but that income vanished after the dogfighting revelations virtually destroyed his image as well as his finances. Vick filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in July, claiming assets of $16 million and liabilities of $20.4 million.

Awww, poor baby :sad: :D :thumbs up.

Jerk, I hope he ends up with absolutely nothing. I will be very happy to send an objecting letter to any team who considers hiring him :yell:.

totallyhip
February 28th, 2009, 12:52 AM
I think with a guy like this the only place you can hurt him is via his bank book! SCUM

Mom_Of_Two_Dogs
February 28th, 2009, 12:58 AM
This is clearly a dangerous man who has no business being free.

Luvmypitgirls
February 28th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Abby and Jersey will be getting "Vick is a Dick" t-shirts!

:evil:

Melanie1010
February 28th, 2009, 01:09 PM
I a huge NFL fan I seriously hope no team takes him back, even Atlanta is trying to move his contract but he has been suspended indefinately without pay.... I think he should be banished from every playing football again.... loser.

I hope he never comes near another animal again, and the people who want to associate with him as a human being really to give their head a shake.. he really is scum.. not worthy of any respect...

ancientgirl
February 28th, 2009, 01:46 PM
How convenient that there is no room in a halfway house for him. :rolleyes:

I hope he never gets another job again in the NFL. I hope the only job he can get is cleaning portable toilets by hand.

I'm happy to at least know, the dogs taken from him are thriving, many of them in loving and happy homes!

kandy
March 2nd, 2009, 06:14 PM
Oh, he can't play football anymore - my dog chewed his legs off. LOL I bought one of those Vick Chew toys - and after waiting 6 months or whatever it was to get the stupid thing, Malone chewed his legs and one arm off within the first 5 minutes of it being out of the package. I showed it to my hubby and said, well- guess that's the end of his football career. LOL

But seriously, even if he doesn't get his job back with the Falcons - they still have to pay him. He had a contract that is apparently still in force otherwise they wouldn't be trying to sell it to another team.

Course the NFL isn't known for choosing their players based on what kind of person they are.

I had hoped that he would spend his days in jail in a rape stand, just to see what it felt like or at least be repeatedly zapped with a cattle prod while wet. That he was able to plea his case down to less than 2 years in jail, and no state charges at all, says alot about our pathetic animal cruelty laws and our 'worship' of athletes, and which one the American public thinks is more important. :frustrated: :wall: :sad: :mad: