Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tinka is home! Pics as requested.

14+kitties
February 26th, 2009, 12:33 PM
She is happy now she is back home. Does not want anything to do with the crate!
Well com'on!
Ahhh, carpet feels goooodddd!!
Put that thing down and pet me!

14+kitties
February 26th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Look at those paws! She has been constantly kneading since she came home. I think she is happy.
Mittens checking her out. There has been the requisite hissing and growling going on. It will end soon.
Time for a nap!

Love4himies
February 26th, 2009, 12:37 PM
WAHOO Tinka pics.

Looks like she is very, very happy to be home. I needed a smile right now, on my way for a root canal :yell:, thanks for posting them 14+ :D

diandpat
February 26th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Aw, I love the picture of her in her bed:cloud9: Does she have to go in the crate? She seems happy being out and about!

clm
February 26th, 2009, 12:56 PM
She's such a sweet looking kitty. Doesn't look any the worse for wear at all. Home sweet home, she knows what it's all about.

Cindy

14+kitties
February 26th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Aw, I love the picture of her in her bed:cloud9: Does she have to go in the crate? She seems happy being out and about!

She is happy to be wandering. Actually, she is happy to be near me. She won't let me out of her sight. But she will have to go in the crate in a while when I leave for work. She will be safer there. With four other kitties and two dogs in the house I don't want her getting hurt. Hubby will be in and out of the house too.
The crate has always been used for their safe place. It worked really well with all the others. It is the largest dog crate you can get. She has another bed in there, a litterbox, food, water, toys. She will be good. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
February 26th, 2009, 01:04 PM
What a little sweetheart! :flirt:

She's looking so relaxed! :cloud9: So happy to be home.

:goodvibes: for a quick recovery, Tinka!

Your comment about the requisite hissing and growling made me wonder, though--how do you reintroduce a cat into the catuary after a vet visit? Don't the other cats get ornery? :o

:goodvibes: for your root canal, L4H :eek:

14+kitties
February 26th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Your comment about the requisite hissing and growling made me wonder, though--how do you reintroduce a cat into the catuary after a vet visit? Don't the other cats get ornery? :o

Yep, they do. I use crates out there too. The new house has 4 of them.
A couple of days with the returning kitty in the crate so they can all sniff and get to know each other again and it works well. Last year before the new house was built the kitties stayed in the house to recover. Usually around two weeks. When I took them back out and released them there was enough room in the catuary that they had spots to go hide. Their little house has lots of hidy holes. It never took more than a day or two before everything was settled and they were all buds again. I guess I have been extremely lucky with my kitts. :shrug:

hazelrunpack
February 26th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Luck? Or just the 'kitty whisperer' touch? :D

14+kitties
February 26th, 2009, 01:15 PM

:o Aww thanks :2huggers:

onster
February 26th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Wow she looks soooo good! Im surprised she doesnt look knocked out of it all.

The kneading is so so cute. She looks so happy to be home :cloud9::lovestruck:

krdahmer
February 26th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Aw those cutie paws!:lovestruck: Glad to see she's settled right back in! :goodvibes:

chico2
February 26th, 2009, 05:19 PM
14+.she looks great,very relaxed,probably sooo happy to be home:thumbs up "Cat -whisperer,yeah,that's very fitting for you:lovestruck:

14+kitties
February 26th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Thanks gals. She is happy. I let her out of the crate when I got home from work. No more hissing from the others. They are still avoiding her a little but they did that before too. TT and her are right back to being close. :cloud9: She is settled for the night now. Yes, in the crate. I just feel safer with her there. No chance of injury.

Dee-O-Gee
February 26th, 2009, 10:32 PM

:o Aww thanks :2huggers:

No Aww thanks--I think hazelrun is right! Not only are you certified but you are a certified "Kitty Whisperer!"

What an amazing story 14+. Sounds like you have everything all under control :thumbs up and Tinka looks happy to be home :)

growler~GateKeeper
February 27th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Tinka radiates happiness at being home :cloud9: :lovestruck:

14+kitties
February 27th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Thanks again ladies. :thumbs up Tinka is having a hard time trying to figure out why Mom is taking her off the top of the cat condo all the time. All she wants to do is play. :rolleyes::D

ancientgirl
February 27th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Aww, she looks very happy to be home. Isn't that terrible though, they go through this ordeal then come home to their friends hissing at them.:rolleyes:

But she's got mommy to make things all better. :cloud9:

14+kitties
February 27th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Aww, she looks very happy to be home. Isn't that terrible though, they go through this ordeal then come home to their friends hissing at them.:rolleyes:

But she's got mommy to make things all better. :cloud9:

They aren't hissing anymore. :) All of them are playing just like they did before her op. With an added twist. The poor bird cage got knocked flying twice in about 10 minutes!! Anyone want two peachfaced lovebirds? :rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
February 27th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Ooooo...I'd love two peachfaced lovebirds...but hubby would kill me :frustrated: So they've been having an exciting day, eh? :laughing:

Glad to hear Tinka is doing so well! :goodvibes:

mona_b
February 27th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Ohhhhhh Tinka.....:flirt: :lovestruck:

I agree, she does look good...;)

Wish I looked as good as her when I had my spay....:D:p

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the last pic....:cloud9:

14+kitties
February 27th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Ooooo...I'd love two peachfaced lovebirds...but hubby would kill me :frustrated: So they've been having an exciting day, eh? :laughing:

Glad to hear Tinka is doing so well! :goodvibes:

Oh yeah! Trying to have my dindin and Mittens decided he needed to try to get on top of the bird cage. It's one of those ones that are on a stand. Well, needless to say a stand does not stand a chance against a 12.5 pound kitty launching itself at it. :rolleyes: Got that cleaned up and just sat down again when I hear "Dayle!" from hubby! She did the same thing. She's not as big but big enough. Seems one of the screws disappeared from the post of the stand and the main post was swinging when kitties jumped on it. :eek: Result - bird cage and Tweety and Bird (original huh?) flying through the air to land in my hallway, bottom off the cage and two very scared birdies. It is now fixed (longer screw) and the post is attached to the wall. Hope it does the trick.

Wish I looked as good as her when I had my spay....:D:p

:laugh::laugh: Silly girl!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the last pic....:cloud9:

So do I!! She looks very relaxed and happy

TeriM
February 28th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Glad the spay went well :thumbs up. She is such a sweet, pretty girl and it obvious how happy she is to be home in those pictures :cloud9:.

growler~GateKeeper
February 28th, 2009, 01:02 AM
Poor birds must had they're hearts in their throats :eek: and not one of your inside cats is named Sylvester :p :D I guess they're sorta used to the flying leaps by now though since Mylee was doing them too :rolleyes: :crazy:

:laughing: I can just see 8 setters Pointing the lovebirds all day :D especially the ever patient Ms Macie :D

chico2
February 28th, 2009, 08:40 AM
I'd love a couple of Love-Birds,but so would my furry kids:cat: