August 4th, 2004, 01:38 AM
LOL! Too funny!

Cinnabear
August 4th, 2004, 01:59 AM
"My what a big mouth you have." :D :D

Cute

Princesss04
August 4th, 2004, 09:23 AM
The dog is all happy and the little boy is like I am not impressed. Very cute picture. You will have to hang on to that one when it comes time for his wedding you can get it blown up! LOL :p

glasslass
August 4th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Good photo for a mouthwash commercial! Cute! Both of em! :D

daisy18216
August 4th, 2004, 01:00 PM
They're both cute!!! :D

Great pic, you know the dogs thinking, "I have to take measurements to make sure his head will fit."

love that pic!!!

sammiec
August 4th, 2004, 01:02 PM
I love it!!! That's a really fun picture!!

Luba
August 4th, 2004, 01:06 PM
HAHA Chloe keep trying you've almost got it !! :p

iRONKNiGHT
August 4th, 2004, 02:25 PM
LOL that's cute!!

wAggie
August 8th, 2004, 11:15 PM
oh my!

what a vicious dog!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :p

TalonsMa
August 9th, 2004, 01:08 PM
HA ha ha ha what a cute pic! :)

dmc123
August 9th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Cactus, do you have any more pictures of Chloe you can share? I think my Rudy is part finnish spitz, but don't know for sure.

Cactus Flower
August 9th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Certainly! Although she probably isn't the primest example of the breed. She doesn't have much of an arch in her tail, and she's a runt! Malnutrition in her formative years probably had a lot to do with that (I adopted her from a shelter but they knew her history). Does your dog have Finnish Spitz characteristics, as far as personality goes? They are real characters. They aren't barkers, but will make this strange flutey call to you, usually as a greeting when you are coming home, etc. It's like nothing I've ever heard before. They also don't willingly share their owners with any other pet. They will not bite or attack the other pet, but they WILL make their displeasure known. They are squirrel hunters, but will also kill and bring home field mice and other rodents. They have a fox-like appearance, as well as fox-like attributes such as being very light-footed (like a cat) in their gait. They are VERY skittish, sensitive to loud noises. Harsh training will crush them. Only positive reinforcement will work. Good luck trying to FORCE a finnish spitz to do something it does not want to do. These dogs are often incorrectly labelled as having been abused because of their cowering manner around noises, quick movements, etc. Extremely sensitive breed. They used to spend all winter in a tent with their Finnish owners, hunting squirrels, etc. So they are incredibly in-tune to even subtle human emotion, and not used to a lot of activity and boisterousness around them. Ok, now for the pictures! One of these is going to look awful because she'd just begun to show her shedding tufts, and I'd yet to brush her! She did get bathed and brushed, of course. But not until after this photo lol.

glasslass
August 9th, 2004, 10:51 PM
She's beautiful Cactus!!!

Luba
August 9th, 2004, 11:03 PM
Luba reaches through screen squishy hugging Chloe ohhh so cute :D

wAggie
August 10th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Cactus, she's definitely a good looking dawg :D

Cactus Flower
August 10th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Thanks, all!

She's a sweetheart.

DMC123.....will you post a photo of your dog? Perhaps we could help figure the breeds.

dmc123
August 10th, 2004, 05:22 PM
I will post a few, thanks for adding yours of Chloe.

As for Rudy's nature, I think if he does have shepherd in him he is more like them, especially according to you neat descrip of the Finnish Spitz. He is very barky! He loves to hear his own voice. He will bark quietly at times, it is hilarious.... these tiny little barks when he doesn't want to get in more trouble. He loves me and my roomie dearly but not strangers at all unless they come in and get acquainted, then he won't leave them alone, loving all over them :)

Rudy turned 8 in Feb. 2004.

Anyway, here are some of Rudy... (Delaney is in one of them, she is another mix....not sure what all she has in her :rolleyes: )

Cactus Flower
August 10th, 2004, 06:14 PM
WOW I definitely see my Chloe in your dog.....you might be right on the money! And he has the arched tail that she's supposed to have!

The shep personality is also wonderful. I used to have a beagle who would "whisper" when I asked her to. Sounds like what you were describing with the "quiet bark". Very cute dogs, both of them!

Luba
August 10th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Wow Rudy and Chloe pretty close lookers there :D cutie patooties