Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Poor DH lost his job today

clm
February 25th, 2009, 08:59 PM
He's feeling pretty low. I feel so bad for him.

Cindy

breeze
February 25th, 2009, 09:01 PM
He's feeling pretty low. I feel so bad for him.

Cindy

I'm sooo sorry Cindy,
I know what he is going through, it seems to be happening EVERYWHERE!! it's terrible.

Dog Dancer
February 25th, 2009, 09:09 PM
So sorry to hear that CLM. It's a very hard time for many people now so he should not get too down on himself. I'm sure it has nothing to do with him at all, it's just a terrible sign of the times. But this too shall pass. Not to sound cliche but sometimes things happen for a reason and there's a bigger and better opportunity right around the bend. Good luck to you guys, I hope he finds something else in the near future, and that he doesn't let it get to him for too long. Keep an eye on him.:grouphug:

Dee-O-Gee
February 25th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Very sad clm :sad:

Stay strong and keep a positive attitude :thumbs up

:grouphug:

TacoGrl
February 25th, 2009, 09:24 PM
That's rough :sad: and you know the worst part? A lot of people are panicking and not spending, not hiring, etc. which is making things worse! Nothing like sitting back and watching the spiral! :wall: We (Canadians) are a resiliant bunch though and will pull together and get out of this-cliche I know, but we have an entreprenural (sp?) spirit and the brains to follow through. I for one am looking for another job, as I can see the writing on the wall (I work in the automotive industry) and am having a hard time of it...I am looking in industries I would have never thought of before...see what the transferrable skills can net me! :D

Tell your DH to look at Workopolis...they have some amazing resources...sure helped me put on my thinking cap and I have been able to network with a lot of different folks...not only builds self confidence, but builds contacts. ;)

:fingerscr

14+kitties
February 25th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Is that the new one he got a few months back? Or am I having a major brain fart? :o Closer to home if I remember??
That is really too bad. I feel for him. And you. It's just as tough on you. The boys will love having him home though. Hopefully there will be a new job soon. :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
February 25th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Oh, that's a bummer, Cindy :grouphug:

:goodvibes: for a successful job search. Meanwhile, though, 14+ is right--the boys are gonna love having Dad home for a while! :highfive:

clm
February 25th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Is that the new one he got a few months back? Or am I having a major brain fart? :o Closer to home if I remember??
That is really too bad. I feel for him. And you. It's just as tough on you. The boys will love having him home though. Hopefully there will be a new job soon. :fingerscr

Yes, that's the one. Nice and close to home.
I hope he finds something quickly, I don't want to watch him get all down and discouraged about his age again.
You're right though, the dogs and cats are going to love having him home.

Cindy

chico2
February 26th, 2009, 07:32 AM
clm,I am so very sorry,I hope he can keep his spirit up and not get in to a funk,easier said than done,I know....hope you will be ok..
Everybody is worrying nowadays,between losing investments etc...it's pretty bad even for us,but we will survive this too..
I do feel for people sitting with big mortgages,high debts,it's a wake-up call for sure.

Love4himies
February 26th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Oh no, I am so sorry. That is tough to deal with, I know, happened to me.

You are right, Chico, the high debt people were in due to high cost of housing along with the greed from the oil companies resulting in people having to spend so much to gas up their vehicles and to heat their homes, leaving no money left for anything else has been a major factor in this recession. No spending by those who do have money is making things worse.

Hugs to you and your hubby.

ancientgirl
February 26th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I'm so sorry about this. Losing a job is a scary thing. I've gone through that myself a couple of times in my life and it's so easy to get down on yourself.

Hopefully he can find something fast.

This is depressing. It's like the situation gets worse and worse on a daily basis for everyone.:sad:

14+kitties
February 26th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Yes, that's the one. Nice and close to home.
I hope he finds something quickly, I don't want to watch him get all down and discouraged about his age again.
You're right though, the dogs and cats are going to love having him home.

Cindy

I feel for you both. It is so tough going through a period like this. I will keep my fingers crossed he finds something soon. I have a friend who has been out of a job for quite some time. He is finding it tough too.
Maybe hubby could make a few more of those wonderful shelters he made for your strays. I would get one from him if he didn't charge much. My ferals that jumped the fence inot the catuary could use one.

angeldogs
February 26th, 2009, 12:46 PM
I'm sorry clm i know what he's going through i'm done tomorrow.there seems to be a whole lot of people lossing their jobs lately.with any luck we will all find new jobs quickly.

totallyhip
February 26th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Sorry to hear that:sad: we will keep our fingers crossed that he finds a new job. Hopefully he can look at the bright side of it......maybe take this time to reinvent himself like take some courses or look into a different career that may spark his interest?

Good luck.

Jim Hall
February 26th, 2009, 01:42 PM
ive been there not fun but it sounds like he has a lot of love and support

onster
February 26th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Im sorry to hear that cindy :sad: :grouphug: Hopefully he'll find a new job soon...in the meantime, he is lucky to have great support from you :thumbs up

Luvmypitgirls
February 27th, 2009, 10:29 AM
clm, sorry to hear the news about your hubby, I hope he finds new employment very soon.

I'm an Optimist, I really think things will start to turn around soon...:fingerscr...:pray:

krdahmer
February 27th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Well that just stinks.:grouphug: It's so sad that we're hearing that story so often now too.... I'm sure hubby will find something great very soon :goodvibes:...and in the mean time, those furbabies I'm sure will keep him busy! ;)

clm
February 27th, 2009, 06:15 PM
You guys are the greatest you know! Thanks for all your support.

Cindy

kiara
February 28th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Times are tough on everyone, it's a world recession. Sorry you lost your job, but keep positive and keep on looking. There are still so many kind and generous people out there, that for sure will help you in the meantime. Oprah has a show on Monday about being thrifty, I think everyone will be watching. The best of luck to you.