Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Mickey Rourke and Loki

ancientgirl
February 23rd, 2009, 08:35 AM
I'm hoping this video will be up for a while. I can't seem to find it anywhere other than this site:

http://comcast.eonline.com/photos/gallery.jsp?galleryUUID=04866ede-398f-4a31-b8cc-10cb26c15806

It's Mickey Rourke's arrival at the Oscars. He's been to several awards wearing a necklace of a picture of his little dog, Loki, who died about 6 days ago. He talks so lovingly about her.

I have to say, my total opinion of this man has changed. I never realized what an animal lover he is, and how much he has loved his dogs. He recently won an award, and while I can't post the link here, since he's cussing up a storm, during his speech, he mentioned Loki and almost broke down in tears. I have a link to that one on my Facebook.

As we all know, you can tell a lot about a person by how they treat animals and I get the feeling Mickey Rourke is a really goo person at heart.

TacoGrl
February 23rd, 2009, 10:36 AM
I was watching TMZ last night and they said he has lost TWO dogs this past month...he doesn't seem to mention the other one...either way, my heart still goes out to him. :cry:

ancientgirl
February 23rd, 2009, 10:42 AM
He is always saying Loki was the love of his life. I get the feeling he had her for a very long time and probably had a special bond.

I feel so bad for him every time I see him talking about her. It's so cute he is wearing her picture as a necklace.

joeysmama
February 23rd, 2009, 04:29 PM
I watched the Barbara Walters interview with Mickey Rourke last night. When it was over I told my husband "I think I just fell in love with Mickey Rourke." He had Loki for 18 years !!

He seems like a very sweet man. I don't know if the interview is on line anywhere but it was a good one.

ancientgirl
February 23rd, 2009, 06:11 PM
Yes, he had her for a long time. I read recently he'd said he realized at one point he hit rock bottom, and all he had was his dogs. He said he was sleeping in a closet, and he looked over and his dog and his dog looked at him as if to say, "who is going to take care of me if something happens to you?" He said that's when he started to get himself together again.

krdahmer
February 23rd, 2009, 06:16 PM
I always knew he had dogs, and loved dogs, and very few if any of his movies see dogs get hurt (in the very violent Once Upon A Time IN Mexico, he keeps his dog from being harmed by hiding him and in Domino, blows a hole in the floor to let a dog escape a gun fight in a trailer). I've always like him as an actor, even when he did the crappy stuff, there's just something about him.... and after thanking his dogs at the Golden Globes... well now I'm just smitten! :o

Luvmypitgirls
February 23rd, 2009, 07:33 PM
Mickey Rourke, is a man with a gentle spirit. Despite his "tough guy" persona, I think Mickey would give the shirt off his back if it meant saving an animal, and not just dogs.
I won't judge him for his addictions, I will praise him for overcoming them and hope he continues to do so.
He is devestated by the loss of loki, and my heart goes out to him....