Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

possible credit issue?

dollface
February 23rd, 2009, 12:27 AM
I am with Premier Fitness in Hamilton and my membership covered both Hamilton locations and the ones in Burlington. I moved over the last year and haven't been since. I've been a member for a few years and it was connected to my credit card.

Recently, my credit card was flagged with a fraud charge that i didn't make, so they put a block on it. Got sent a new one, but haven't contacted the gym to cancel or tell them of the new credit card info.

My question is, if I don't let them know, will it affect my credit score for non-payment?

Melanie1010
February 23rd, 2009, 07:13 AM
It likely wont affect your "overall" credit score, they would have to go through the process of reporting it to the credit bureau and I dont think Gyms have the ressources for that..

It will likely affect your credit with the Gym itself, if you wanted to ever renew a memebership your file may be flagged. It would only take a few minutes to call and advise them of the situation (credit and debit card fraud is common sadly) and make a decision on your membership - better to tie up the loose ends!

dollface
February 23rd, 2009, 05:16 PM
It likely wont affect your "overall" credit score, they would have to go through the process of reporting it to the credit bureau and I dont think Gyms have the ressources for that..

It will likely affect your credit with the Gym itself, if you wanted to ever renew a memebership your file may be flagged. It would only take a few minutes to call and advise them of the situation (credit and debit card fraud is common sadly) and make a decision on your membership - better to tie up the loose ends!

thanks! :D

Luvmypitgirls
February 23rd, 2009, 08:36 PM
Dollface, I was once in a similar situation, and I can tell you that it will most definately affect your credit score, if you are under contract with the gym.
I was a member with Spa Lady, and the situation did affect my credit score.
This was many years ago, so unless something has changed, I would suggest you call the gym and talk to them about this, to protect yourself.

dollface
February 23rd, 2009, 09:15 PM
Dollface, I was once in a similar situation, and I can tell you that it will most definately affect your credit score, if you are under contract with the gym.
I was a member with Spa Lady, and the situation did affect my credit score.
This was many years ago, so unless something has changed, I would suggest you call the gym and talk to them about this, to protect yourself.

I'm pretty sure i had a contract with them for a year and then it just went month to month, but hopefully i can just call them to cancel and and they can do it over the phone cuz driving an hour and a half away would just be rediculous. Thanks for your input :)

TacoGrl
February 23rd, 2009, 09:28 PM
People would be surprised what siliness can get on their credit report...true or false...and the sad thing is, the only people you can deal with are Equifax and believe you me, they are WORSE than the Federal government! :wall:

If you have a chance to deal with the company first, do it before they get you to Equifax!

Years ago, I had a credit union file a false claim against my credit...I didn't even have an account there :frustrated: and it took me YEARS to get it cleared up (statute of limitations ran out) and it was pure hell all the way...to this day, if there is even the tiniest glitch, Equifax treats me like a criminal :rolleyes:

My point...clear this up or you will regret it.