Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Bebe barks at things don't look right or have changed

htsource
February 22nd, 2009, 11:12 PM
Our Bebe is a little Pomeranian, for some reason if we mis-placed something in the kitchen, say a set of slippers in the wrong spot, she would bark at the slippers until they're moved to where they belong. Other times we may have placed something else on the table or places where they don't normally belong, again she would bark like crazy until they're placed where they belong. What would cause this? I don't even know how she can remember where everything is!

hazelrunpack
February 22nd, 2009, 11:16 PM
Lordy, I could use some help remembering! Think she wants a day job? :o :laughing:

Wow, she's really an observant little girl! Is it getting to be a problem?

htsource
February 22nd, 2009, 11:25 PM
I'm just more curious to know if such behaviour is normal, finding it strange to be like that. Sometimes I don't even remember where everything should be. I have no idea how she can remember. I mean even some little thing was placed further apart, she would know.

She's going to be 9 months old end of Feb, she adds a lot of fun to the family that's for sure.

hazelrunpack
February 22nd, 2009, 11:34 PM
She sounds extremely observant! Probably too smart for her own good. :D She's a great dog to have around--who needs smoke or burglar alarms when you can have Bebe? :thumbs up

Have you posted any pics recently? :o I don't remember seeing any of Bebe...but I have to fess up that I have about the worst memory known to mankind.... :p

Chris21711
February 23rd, 2009, 10:37 AM
Lordy, I could use some help remembering! Think she wants a day job? :o :laughing:

I'm right behind you Hazel, what a dream dog to have around.

I second Hazel in asking for pics of your little wonderdog :D

SnowDancer
February 23rd, 2009, 01:23 PM
I have a 22 lb. American Eskimo - so basically a cousin to your Pomeranian. Eskies are like this also - inside the house and out. Something changes on the street - anything - and he notices it - and has to bark. I lurk on an Eskie board and many posters have pointed out this trait as well.

Sib.HuskyMom
February 23rd, 2009, 01:25 PM
:laughing: she sounds like my dream dog! LOL

Although I'm sure most teenagers wouldn't like her. :p

ancientgirl
February 23rd, 2009, 02:36 PM
If I had a dog like this, he'd be barking at me all the time!

It sounds like your little guy maybe is trying to be helpful? :shrug:

14+kitties
February 23rd, 2009, 05:01 PM
:laughing: A neat freak pup! Too cute! I can't have her here. She would be barking constantly! Mmm, maybe I can borrow her for a day or two until the boys clean their rooms???
How is her eyesight?