Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I think I've hit a little milestone with Czari!

ancientgirl
February 22nd, 2009, 03:08 PM
I'm hoping this wasn't just a fluke, but she actually buried her poop today! Yay!

She never buries her poop. Last week I did notice a partially buried pile, so I was happy at that. But just a little while ago, I was chopping some pumpkin to make soup and everyone was in the kitchen. Czari was in the litter box and when she left I decided to clean it, since it was smelly. Then behold, buried poop!http://friendsforever.foren-city.de/images/smiles/a084.gif

BusterBoo
February 22nd, 2009, 03:16 PM
:crazy: Yea for buried poop! (as I am not a cat person...I am assuming hiding the poop is a good thing! :cat: )

ancientgirl
February 22nd, 2009, 03:19 PM
Well for me it's good since buried poop is less smelly poop.:D

Winston
February 22nd, 2009, 03:35 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

Woo Hoo Czari I knew this day would come! Isnt it wonderful AG!! :thumbs up Its absolutely amazing how she has adapted to indoor life! I am so proud of her and you too!!

ancientgirl
February 22nd, 2009, 03:44 PM
I'm so thrilled that she actually did that. Mind you, if she doesn't do it all the time I'm okay with it too, but at least she made the attempt.

She's still very much has a lot of her stray qualities. Last night she got all hissy with me and swatted and nipped at me. But hey, I just pushed her off the bed and told her no grouches on the bed. A minute later she came back up all purring and wanting to cuddle.

I have to give her much of the credit for adapting so well. She's a very smart girl.

onster
February 22nd, 2009, 06:24 PM
Yay czarina!!! What a good kitty :highfive: I take it they are all feeling better AG?

Maybe she can teach Bunduk :p Onnie covers his poop :rolleyes:

krdahmer
February 22nd, 2009, 06:46 PM
I have three buriers, and three exhibitionists.... :shrug: So way to go with Czari! :thumbs up Maybe she's been watching the others!

MommaKat
February 22nd, 2009, 07:45 PM
YAY :thumbs up You know your an Animal lover though when you get excited about poop :crazy:

I'm glad she's adjusting, she's a real beauty and I can tell how much you care about her :D

ancientgirl
February 22nd, 2009, 07:46 PM
Onster, thank you yes they are all feeling better.

Kr, Czari will have been here a year in June. She may very well have observed the others. She's learned so much from watching them.

I remember when I had her in the kitchen, she'd never go up on the counter or on top of the cabinets. Little by little she'd watch the others and learn that if they did it and got away with it, then she'd try it too. From jumping on the kitchen counter top to exploring the upstairs bathroom. Jumping in and out of the tub and sleeping on the bed. She not as shy and reserved as she was in the beginning. She has no problem nudging your hand so you can pet her. And you should see her line up when I shake the treat container. She sits there very quietly and waits her turn for a treat, and she has chosen her own little spot for her food, where she sits and waits when she hears me opening the food cans. She's pretty amazing. How anyone could have just left her behind is beyond me.

ancientgirl
February 22nd, 2009, 08:05 PM
YAY :thumbs up You know your an Animal lover though when you get excited about poop :crazy:

I'm glad she's adjusting, she's a real beauty and I can tell how much you care about her :D

LOL, yeah, I know how parents who talk about their kids toilet training feel.

MommaKat, I adore all of my babies. I have a special spot for each and every one of them. I have little special things I love about them. Czarina is just a cat I came upon when I moved here. I never thought she'd be living with me, but from the moment I saw her that first time, she touched a special spot in my heart.