Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog "returned" to Owner

BusterBoo
February 22nd, 2009, 10:16 AM
but....geeezzzz....when will people learn NOT to leave their dogs tied up outside stores! (this particular grocery store is downtown Ottawa, lots of street people hang around there....she is VERY lucky!) :shrug:

http://www.ottawasun.com/News/OttawaAndRegion/2009/02/22/8481101-sun.html

Melinda
February 22nd, 2009, 02:32 PM
I read that story in my ottawa paper yesterday and then the "found" part today............it ticked me off sooooooooooooooo bad...if thats your "baby", your "life" then why the he[[ did you leave it outside alone?????? I think she should be visited by the spca of ottawa today and fined for animal cruelty, that poor 9 yr old dog sat out there while she shopped and it was freaken cold with the wind yesterday! (end of rant *L*)

t.pettet
February 22nd, 2009, 06:31 PM
Sometimes it takes a loss of a pet (even temporary) for common sense to prevail. If you wouldn't tie your human baby outside a store then why would you do that with your furry baby.

cell
February 22nd, 2009, 08:11 PM
and then she called the cops on the guy? who knows if he took it? maybe he stood there and when no one showed up assumed the dog abandoned and took it with him? Stupid woman. I don't get why this was in the newspaper, Ottawa must be low on news lately... When people see dogs outside tied in public alone 1/2 the time you are positive and think the dog is waiting for its owner, the other 1/2 cynical side assumes the dog was abandoned in a public place by someone who assumes someone with compassion will take it in.