Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Introducing myself

Hummingbird
February 22nd, 2009, 12:44 AM
The forum says to introduce yourself, so...

I have a 15 year old DLH cat (we suspect she's a Maine Coon, but as a rescue have no real way of knowing) and a 15 month old Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever.

The cat :cat: is a piece of cake to take care of, she sleeps 23 hours a day.

The Toller :dog: is an affectionate and hyper sweetheart. We've just recently started doing agility training with her and it's a lot of fun.

I look forward to reading more postings in here and learning about everyone and their pets.

hazelrunpack
February 22nd, 2009, 12:49 AM
Welcome to the board, Hummingbird!

We will shortly begin bugging you unmercifully for pictures, so be prepared! :D

So...um...where are the pics? :laughing:

:o What can I tell ya? We're picture addicts... :o

Hummingbird
February 22nd, 2009, 12:52 AM
Well I did upload a photo of my pup for my profile pic, but I don't see it showing up. :shrug:

I'll have to figure out how to post pics on this forum. It is a very different format than I am used to. I'll adapt, just give me time. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
February 22nd, 2009, 12:55 AM
I saw your pup in your profile! :thumbs up But we'll need bigger pics to confirm the cuteness factor! :laughing: Also kitty pics!

What are their names, btw?

To post pics in a thread, hit "Post Reply", then scroll down to the "Additional Options" box below the reply window and hit the "Manage Attachments" button. A dialogue box comes up that allows you to browse to the pics on your computer.

Pics have to be resized to 100KB or smaller, though.

Hummingbird
February 22nd, 2009, 01:07 AM
I saw your pup in your profile! :thumbs up But we'll need bigger pics to confirm the cuteness factor!

I admit to being completely biased, but I think they both have the required cuteness factor. :lovestruck:

My pup is Sierra, and the cat is Cyprus.

Tundra_Queen
February 22nd, 2009, 07:23 AM
Hi

Welcome to the forum! Your furkids are adorable!

Debbie

hazelrunpack
February 22nd, 2009, 10:04 AM
I admit to being completely biased, but I think they both have the required cuteness factor. :lovestruck:

Nope, nope--no bias needed!! :D Sierra and Cyprus definitely have more than the required cuteness factor!! :flirt: They're gorgeous!!!!

I'll bet those two have had some adventures together! Does Cyprus run the roost?

Glad you were able to figure out the picture thing :thumbs up

otter
February 22nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
oh, a Toller i'm in :lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:
and Cyprus definitely looks like he's the boss :laughing:

Cuteness factor CONFIRMED! Welcome to the board :D

krdahmer
February 22nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
Welcome to you and your cuties:lovestruck:!!!

Dee-O-Gee
February 22nd, 2009, 09:50 PM
Cyprus is so beautiful....very majestic! Sierra looks adorable! Cuteness factor defininately---confirmed :thumbs up

btw....I love hummingbirds! I've been trying for 2 years to get them to come back. Last year I did manage to see a couple of them thru the summer months and will continue this May with my feeders.

Welcome to the board...hummingbird.

Hummingbird
February 22nd, 2009, 10:46 PM
Thanks everyone. I certainly think they are adorable.

Cyprus doesn't seem to be asserting herself much in the "boss" department. She is generally too laid back and doesn't tell the dog to back off enough (in my opinion). My mom's cat will chase the pup around their house though and Sierra ends up cowering away from her (and that cat is declawed). It's all about attitude! :p

klmmcallum - I have a lot of bird-friendly gardens to lure the hummers to my place. It took a couple years, but they found me.

Dee-O-Gee
February 22nd, 2009, 11:04 PM
Thanks everyone. I certainly think they are adorable.

Cyprus doesn't seem to be asserting herself much in the "boss" department. She is generally too laid back and doesn't tell the dog to back off enough (in my opinion). My mom's cat will chase the pup around their house though and Sierra ends up cowering away from her (and that cat is declawed). It's all about attitude! :p

klmmcallum - I have a lot of bird-friendly gardens to lure the hummers to my place. It took a couple years, but they found me.

So what plants do you have that would attract hummingbirds...hummingbird?

Hummingbird
February 22nd, 2009, 11:17 PM
So what plants do you have that would attract hummingbirds...hummingbird?

I'm new here, so if I'm off topic too much would the moderators please let me know gently?

In the dead of winter I have to really think about what I have out there...
Cardinal flower (fantastic!), lots of lupines and columbine... Gee I really am having a brain freeze! My gardens are generally planted with things that are either good for the hummers or butterflies (or often both).

I'll have to think about this again tomorrow when I am more awake and try to remember additional species.