Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Min Pin

erykah1310
February 21st, 2009, 02:47 PM
Here is Titan.
I figured eventually someone would start asking for pictures, I don't have a clue how to work my computer anymore ( reformatted and upgraded so I'm lost) But I figured it out... sorta:o

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Dogs/12010810.jpg

more to come I think:rolleyes::shrug:

erykah1310
February 21st, 2009, 02:52 PM
This just keeps going from bad to worse.
I either get Kita, or Beauty come up instead of Titan...
People who don't know me are going to think I am going nuts, a min pin is not a horse clearly

Bear with me please

erykah1310
February 21st, 2009, 02:54 PM
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Dogs/b3.jpg
Wonder who this will be?

erykah1310
February 21st, 2009, 02:55 PM
I don't know whats going on! These are supposed to be Titan pics.

erykah1310
February 21st, 2009, 02:56 PM
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Dogs/temptitan.jpg

erykah1310
February 21st, 2009, 02:57 PM
Holy crap there he is!

Lets see if I can get all 3 up

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Dogs/DSC_0101-1.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd301/z28gurl_2007/Dogs/DSC_0092-1.jpg

erykah1310
February 21st, 2009, 02:58 PM
WHOO HOO!
Yeah, so I'm done talking to myself now and have figured out pictures again *whoda thunk it, I would be at such a loss for posting pics of animals*

Rottielover
February 21st, 2009, 03:00 PM
omg, I am so in love. This is the only small breed I would ever consider :cloud9:

erykah1310
February 21st, 2009, 03:02 PM
He's indeed cute, but frustrating right now.
At this current moment in time, he is learning what it is like to be a dog playing nicely and extremely min pin hyperly with other dogs. Its nice to see.
Still peeing everywhere known to man, but having a fun time atleast.

chico2
February 21st, 2009, 04:10 PM
Aww Erykah,he's a beauty,now where did you find him,I thought you already had enough pups:laughing::laughing:
Your pittie looks adorable in the snow(sorry,I forgot his/her name)and the big black furball is definitely not a pup anymore:laughing:
Beautiful horse:lovestruck::lovestruck:

chico2
February 21st, 2009, 04:26 PM
Erykah,I just read that Kita is a boxer/rottie X,I always thought she was a pittie,so sorry about that.

erykah1310
February 21st, 2009, 04:58 PM
Thats OK Chico, no worries.

As for where I found the min pin and why I Have him... lets just not go there.
Atleast he is here or anywhere else right now.

onster
February 21st, 2009, 05:31 PM
heheh I for one am glad you had photo trouble cuz we got to see extra pics :D

The minpin is too cute! good luck with him

Toonces
February 21st, 2009, 06:30 PM
He is adorable, I am so glad he found you!! and the other of the pics are great too!! who dosent like horse pics!

angeldogs
February 21st, 2009, 07:00 PM
:laughing:the tongue pic is the best.what a cutie pie.

hazelrunpack
February 21st, 2009, 10:04 PM
I agree--love the tongue pic! Titan is certainly a cute little dude and it sounds like he's an extremely lucky boy right now!

chico2
February 22nd, 2009, 07:44 AM
Erykah,no need to explain,he's safe now,a very lucky boy.:thumbs up
He looks a little big for a mini-pin,but maybe it's just the picture,he is beautiful,those eyes:lovestruck::lovestruck:

erykah1310
February 22nd, 2009, 08:54 AM
He is "too big" for a Min Pin, which leads to why he is so neglected.:shrug:
I'd say he's more on the German Pincher height than Miniature.

otter
February 22nd, 2009, 10:28 AM
hee, hee, I got a good chuckle after staring at the first pic for a few minutes and then deciding that maybe Min Pin was a type of horse too :laughing::laughing:
then I read on :D

Looks like a cutie, no matter what the breed. Good that you have doggies who can help him learn what being a dog is all about, safely. I hope once things have settled down he'll catch on to peeing outside without any trouble. Good to here he'll be loved no matter what.

erykah1310
February 22nd, 2009, 10:47 AM
We just got back in from playing with all 4 of the other dogs. He was overwhelmed, especially with Karmas zoomies ( she's just plain out a monster compared to him)
he caught on and got himself some MinPin zoomies then collided with Karma and proceeded to yelp like she had just bitten him in half. He looked over to me as if to say " Don't you even care that I scared the crap out of myself?"
Clearly I didn't as I know he wasn't too hurt if hurt at all so he started running around again.
Last night I figured we would try him out of the crate for the night and see how that went. Happy to report, he DID NOT pee. He even let me put his harness on to go out with out peeing.
After our romp outside though, he piddled a bit when I told him to get off the couch, thankfully he only piddled on the floor and not the couch though ( thats why we don't want him up there)
He's enjoying a nice little snack right now, having his first taste of raw chicken backs ( He is in heaven with them)
I have to admit, its going to be sad when he does find himself a home, but I will be extra picky thats for sure.
I can't wait till the "furry almonds" come off though, those things just stick out the back and demand attention. Un neutered short haired dogs freak me out lol
Glad he never got the chance to use them!

erykah1310
February 22nd, 2009, 10:49 AM
hee, hee, I got a good chuckle after staring at the first pic for a few minutes and then deciding that maybe Min Pin was a type of horse too :laughing::laughing:
then I read on :D

Thats why I left the "oopsies" up there, I figure I had talked to myself long enough and edited quite a few times so may as well leave them there. I'm not perfect so I feel no need to look it online:laughing:

chico2
February 22nd, 2009, 03:42 PM
Erykah,so he's a foster??
I can just picture Karma with zoomies,it must get really windy:laughing:
I'd love to see a pic of her face,ok...whenever you have time;)
Titan looks in pretty good shape and is very pretty,hopefully he gets to stay with you for a while:fingerscr

erykah1310
February 22nd, 2009, 03:59 PM
Erykah,so he's a foster??
I can just picture Karma with zoomies,it must get really windy:laughing:
I'd love to see a pic of her face,ok...whenever you have time;)
Titan looks in pretty good shape and is very pretty,hopefully he gets to stay with you for a while:fingerscr
A girl here lost a brown mini-pin,but I think he/she was smaller:confused:

Titan isn't really a foster through any programs of any kind, he's just a "stud" who is too tall and needed to leave.:rolleyes: A friend of mine wanted a Min Pin and picked him up at a "discounted" price and after a few days of him completely shut down and cowering she called me for help. She didn't want to return him, so I paid her for him and will work on him to get him "better" neutered and in a great loving home.
Not really a typical rescue situation, not really even a rescue situation, just a prevention of him ending up in shelters or home after home and never really worked with.
Right now I know he will do best in a house like mine with really calm and good dogs, he needs to know how to be a dog and that family life isn't scary. He needs manners and housetraining too.
I figure we may have him a couple months ( which will be hard with me working out of town 3 days a week, but thankfully i have a great doggy support system and sitter) I have a month before I go anywhere for work, so for now he will learn typical working home routines. He would do best with someone who is home all day, but in reality most people work, and working folk can be wonderful pet parents.
This week, is all about bonding with him and gaining trust with some basic obedience ( he really wants to please and is a whiz with clicker training)
Next week, vetting and socialization, his window for socialization is closed now but its not too late to get him where he should be
Then the weeks after that are training and fine tuning along with more socialization.
Should be fun.
A new challenge for me.:o;)

chico2
February 22nd, 2009, 04:07 PM
Erykah,what do you call that,if not a rescue??You saved him from a miserable time at a shelter and he would be really difficult to adopt out,since he is not house-trained,as I am sure you know.
He could not be in a better place:thumbs up
By the way,the missing mini-pin is a little girl:sad:

ancientgirl
February 22nd, 2009, 07:12 PM
He's a cutie, and I love that last picture of him.

I'm glad he's found himself a safe place to be. At least he's got some company, good food and love.