Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Caboodle ranch

ancientgirl
February 21st, 2009, 10:40 AM
This man has such a beautiful soul. I hope he can manage to continue to keep this place up for a long time.

http://www.zootoo.com/petnews/walmartfelinetownbuiltfor500ca-1128

krdahmer
February 21st, 2009, 12:18 PM
I was just checking out your link on FB for this... too cute! That mini-walmart!!! And all those cats just loooove him! :lovestruck: I noticed ramps going in and out of his house there in the background too, so they have lots of shelter... he must have had oodles of money though to be doing this alone thus far! :eek:

ancientgirl
February 21st, 2009, 02:11 PM
Yeah, it's really a wonderful looking place. He does have a site, and there are some things he sells in order to raise money, as well as a donation link. I donated $10. He spends over $6k a month just on food alone!:eek:

The sad thing about places like this is, so few people know about it, and many of the people who run it are left to support it on their own. There should be government money for places like this, seeing as people like this guy who have these shelter type places wind up picking up animals who others toss away.

14+kitties
February 21st, 2009, 04:54 PM
Another wonderful soul out there doing what he can to help! And of course people dump their cats there. It makes them feel no guilt whatsoever for not caring for their cat any more. :sad: Good on him for doing this! :angel:

ancientgirl
February 21st, 2009, 05:13 PM
I can't understand how someone can just dump their pet with so little regard.

I think people who have more than one pet should get some sort of tax deduction like people with kids.

I'm not saying this to piss off anybody with just one pet, but many of us have pet upon pet that we either came upon at a shelter, or vets office or showed up at our door. Pets nobody wanted to care for anymore and we just couldn't say no to them.

This guy, bless his soul, and yours too 14+, and Badger and so many others here, use their own money to care for animals that through no fault of their own had losers for previous owners.