Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Calling all Camera Crazies-Pet Photo contest

Diamondsmum
February 20th, 2009, 12:35 PM
The Toronto humane society is looking for pet pictures to use in the 2010 calender.:D

http://www.torontohumanesociety.com/calendar/default.asp

I know that we have beautiful pics here that are definately calender worthy.

So I thought I would post a link to it.

(Admin approved)

Contest runs from November 1 2008, to March 31, 2009.

Chris21711
February 20th, 2009, 02:07 PM
I was just looking at that today DM, but I don't understand all the sizing jargon :confused: The OSPCA has one every year also, closes the same day as the THS.

Diamondsmum
February 20th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Chris if you or anyone needs help with It I will be happy to assist.

:D

clm
February 20th, 2009, 03:18 PM
saving the files as tif files makes them too big to attach to most e:mails. I sent some, but as jpegs, they can save them as tif themselves or not use them. :laughing:

Cindy

Chris21711
February 21st, 2009, 09:18 PM
Chris if you or anyone needs help with It I will be happy to assist.

That's cool DM, thanks, maybe if you have time we can work on it this week :thumbs up

CLM - I don't even know what a "tif file" is :laughing:

onster
February 22nd, 2009, 12:28 PM
id love to do this and always wanted to enter mine in petcetera pet of the month ( to get free goodies :D) but I just cant choose one picture lol.

hmm Maybe I think of a good one to send...but then id need ure help sizing Dm :D

You should send one of Diamond :thumbs up

Ooooh and Sparkie JennieV...Sparkie should so be entered!! (ok so he is one of my fav lil pooches on here :lovestruck:)

wdawson
February 22nd, 2009, 06:41 PM
mine get sent back :shrug:

ancientgirl
February 22nd, 2009, 07:30 PM
Do you have to live in Canada to enter?

Diamondsmum
February 22nd, 2009, 07:47 PM
Not Sure Ag I will send a email off asking tho.

& BTW That photo resizing software i posted has a option to convert it to .tff:thumbs up I just sent in a few.

ancientgirl
February 22nd, 2009, 07:55 PM
Cool thanks!:D

LittleMonster
February 23rd, 2009, 01:46 AM
saving the files as tif files makes them too big to attach to most e:mails. I sent some, but as jpegs, they can save them as tif themselves or not use them.

Cindy

Yea, and considering the fact that most people don't shoot RAW, a tiff file wouldn't be of much use. I did save my raw file as an 8bit tiff though, it brought down the size to 25mb which I think is okay with gmail. We shall see.

Does anyone think its wrong to enter other people's pets without the owner's consent? I have some really good pics of this cute dog at the park.

Spatx
February 23rd, 2009, 04:28 PM
Ohhh.. I should try enter. The hardest part is picking a photograph to enter. I have lots of Nova and Cody favorites.. :o I guess I'll select my personal favs and ask family members and friends which they think is best.

happycats
February 23rd, 2009, 06:49 PM
Oh thank you!
I just entered Buddy!