Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

todays posts missing?

Jim Hall
February 20th, 2009, 12:51 PM
hi what happebed to today's post on top of the bulletin board page i can only acesss post that have been used

Diamondsmum
February 20th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Jim The forum looks to have been updated during the downtime yesturday.

I think we have lost that option.:shrug:

Winston
February 20th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Hey guys I sent an email to Dave and MArko and they will be looking into it. I emailed because the new posts button is no longer on the bottom of a thread since the update as well...

breeze
February 20th, 2009, 01:37 PM
go into quick links and todays post is right at the top.

marko
February 20th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Thanks Breeze! - and new posts has been readded to the lower navbar.

Thx
Marko

breeze
February 20th, 2009, 02:03 PM
marko can you explain the "community" button??

breeze
February 20th, 2009, 02:22 PM
marko could you also tell me why "todays post" was taken off the blue banner where it use to be??

TeriM
February 20th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Thanks Breeze! - and new posts has been readded to the lower navbar.

But it is in the wrong place :sad: :D.

TeriM
February 20th, 2009, 02:24 PM
marko could you also tell me why "todays post" was taken off the blue banner where it use to be??

Yes please, we like it there :).

Diamondsmum
February 20th, 2009, 02:31 PM
It looks to me that the update that the forum got did some shuffling (a lil revamping I guess is the case.

Just like when they updated & we got visitor messages.

Community Button is a nice feature.

1) you can create groups of same likeness (Social groups) Eg Golden lovers?

2) Allows quick access to new photos posted by members (Photos & Albums)

3) Enbles your contact list to pop up quickly to PM a friend.(contacts)

marko
February 20th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Thx for the community expl. DM!

When we update, it's not actually Dave and I that update the code itself, we just upload the new code that is given to us from the bulletin board developers. Typically they add new features and tweak things around.

The community button is making the top navbar a bit crowded. I'm sure people can get used to the new position of the today's posts button (it's pretty close - go into quick links and todays post is right at the top)...but if it remains a big issue we can add it back manually.

Thanks everyone!
Marko

14+kitties
February 20th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Are "today's posts" and "new posts" basically the same? Although I used "today's posts" all the time if "new posts" does the same it's all good.
Ok, I answered my own question. "New posts" only has 12 posts in it while "today's posts" shows at least 3 pages of 25 threads each page.
Soooooo, could we switch places? Put new posts where today's posts are in the Quick link menu and visa versa? I know I use todays' posts a lot more than new posts.

Jim Hall
February 20th, 2009, 08:45 PM
what diamond said me too

breeze
February 20th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Soooooo, could we switch places? Put new posts where today's posts are in the Quick link menu and visa versa? I know I use todays' posts a lot more than new posts.

ME TOO !!!
I use the "todays posts more often and I don't realy use the "new posts.

I don't use the community very often either.