Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Unusual Daily Routine--CAUGHT ON CAMERA!

Dee-O-Gee
February 19th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Upon awakening (even on weekends), Gryphon greets the whole family with big HELLOWS! Once we all get into gear and start our daily routines, Gryphon attends to his routine as pictured below.....

Unfortunately for poor Gryphon....the mail and dog treats don't come on the weekends :cry:

diandpat
February 19th, 2009, 08:42 PM
OMG that is hysterical :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: I love that he has figured out where to lie to see out the door window even though it is really itsy bitsy LOL

What a cutie. Thanks for sharing.

(a close up would be nice ;) )

TeriM
February 19th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Hehe, you''ll have to sneak out and fire some cookies through the mail slot on the weekends :D.

Dee-O-Gee
February 19th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Hehe, you''ll have to sneak out and fire some cookies through the mail slot on the weekends :D.

OH YEAH!!! Hey...I never thought about that! I'll try that this weekend. Great idea TeriM :lightbulb:

hazelrunpack
February 19th, 2009, 09:47 PM
So on weekends, how long does he sit there waiting for his buddy the mailman? :dog: Such a smart boy, that Gryphon! Handsome, too :flirt:

14+kitties
February 19th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Awww, sweet!! I had a pup who did that too. She loved waiting for the mailman to go by. Would get very upset if he didn't stop and put mail through the slot for her to bark at. Thanks for the memory. :cloud9:

Dee-O-Gee
February 19th, 2009, 09:56 PM
So on weekends, how long does he sit there waiting for his buddy the mailman? :dog: Such a smart boy, that Gryphon! Handsome, too :flirt:

Well to be honest with you Hazelrun...his attention span is VERY...VERY short. :headslap:

He will lay there for about 5 or 10 minutes or until someone starts to move around but then strangely enough...he'll go back up to the stair (the 6th one)and lay again. He's a very odd but loving boy. :laugh:

Love4himies
February 20th, 2009, 07:14 AM
:laughing::laughing: He needs a pretend mailman to come on weekends :D.

ancientgirl
February 20th, 2009, 03:11 PM
That's so cute! How nice of the mailman to put dog treats through the slot for him!

clm
February 20th, 2009, 03:15 PM
:laughing: That's too funny. What a nice mailman you must have to give him treats.

Cindy

diandpat
February 20th, 2009, 03:33 PM
:laughing: That's too funny. What a nice mailman you must have to give him treats.

Cindy

Just an FYI not to brag too much about the mailman giving the treats as they are not allowed to give treats to dogs for legal reasons. Inevitably some dog will get sick and blame it on the treats :yell:

Ours used to also and Ginger would wait for him at lunchtime :laughing::laughing::laughing: He is retired now and the new one just walks on by...

chico2
February 20th, 2009, 03:45 PM
That is so sweet,waiting for treats:lovestruck:maybe that will save your mail..
Our mail-man always carries doggie-treats,he's usually around when I bring Bailey back,Bailey does not bark anymore at him ,she just waits for her treat.
I can see a problem with accepting food from strangers though..

onster
February 20th, 2009, 04:54 PM
LOL that is too cute/funny!!!

I never knew mailmen carry treats :cool: Actually our mailman doesnt deliver to the door :sad: but what a lucky pooch you got there!
I too vote for special weekend deliveries :D

clm
February 20th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Ours deliver mail to the house, but into a mailbox on the outside under the house light. No slot through the door. Not too many of those around anymore.

Cindy

Smiley14
February 20th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Oh, LOL, that's awesome!!!! :laughing: :lovestruck:

AmazingGrace
February 20th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Ah yes, this scene seems quite famliar... my mom is a postal worker and experiences this routine from several of her furry friends along her route - we go through a lot of dog cookies! But the overall reaction is quite positive - look what they look forward to everyday!

Dee-O-Gee
February 20th, 2009, 09:52 PM
That is so sweet,waiting for treats:lovestruck:maybe that will save your mail..
Our mail-man always carries doggie-treats,he's usually around when I bring Bailey back,Bailey does not bark anymore at him ,she just waits for her treat.
I can see a problem with accepting food from strangers though..

To be perfectly honest Chico....when our normal mail/treat person is on vacation or not delivering--the mail gets torn up! I guess it's that old saying...."I'M SORRY BUT MY DOG ATE THE MAIL!" :eek:

Dee-O-Gee
February 20th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Ah yes, this scene seems quite famliar... my mom is a postal worker and experiences this routine from several of her furry friends along her route - we go through a lot of dog cookies! But the overall reaction is quite positive - look what they look forward to everyday!

Well I REALLY need to :highfive: your mom! Every year at Christmas time, our special mail delivery person always gets a personalized Card and a big THANK YOU! Thanks Mom!

pbpatti
February 20th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Great story:thumbs up
Last summer we had a mail person who also carried treats, Sasha would see her across the road and start barking! hurry up I'm here!:Dshe is now on a different route and Sasha is sooo unhappy:sad:

Dee-O-Gee
February 20th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Great story:thumbs up
Last summer we had a mail person who also carried treats, Sasha would see her across the road and start barking! hurry up I'm here!:Dshe is now on a different route and Sasha is sooo unhappy:sad:

Yeah I hear ya...I'm dreading the day that our mail person changes to a different route. :wall:

In the summertime, Gryphon can hear the mailbox lids opening and closing from across the street and watches the mailman's every move. When he can't see the mailman coming up the street, he takes position on the 6th step!!!

Then when he finally arrives and places the mail and the bones through the slot, Gryphon LEAPS from the sixth step onto the bones. :headslap:

Note to self....must throw treats through the slot on Saturday's & Sunday's. :D

growler~GateKeeper
February 20th, 2009, 11:29 PM
:laughing: that's too funny :D

Note to self....must throw treats through the slot on Saturday's & Sunday's. :D

Someone needs to be inside with a camera :D We want to see that caught on film too! :D

Dee-O-Gee
February 22nd, 2009, 09:53 PM
:laughing: that's too funny :D

Someone needs to be inside with a camera :D We want to see that caught on film too! :D

Well Growler and TeriM...

I went and visited my neighbor Saturday & Sunday and tooks treats with me. :D:D

Upon my return, I slipped the treats through the slot and he did his most vicious sucky bark that he normally does with the mailman. :laugh:

I'm just testing him out at this time and hopefully, I can get one of my family members next weekend to stand inside with the video camera. I'll keep ya posted :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
February 22nd, 2009, 10:12 PM
:laughing: :highfive:

can't wait for the pics :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
February 23rd, 2009, 07:42 AM
Upon my return, I slipped the treats through the slot and he did his most vicious sucky bark that he normally does with the mailman. :laugh:

You mean to tell me that the mailman gives him treats and he still barks at him?:laughing::laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
February 23rd, 2009, 10:28 PM
Gryphon is probably just telling the mailperson to hurry up with more treats :laughing: