Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ugh! Ewwwwww!

Luvmypitgirls
February 18th, 2009, 09:29 PM
I've been bustin' my butt with cleaning and purging and laundry and so on and so forth, tonight I just didn't feel like making a big meal, so I headed on down to the M&M meat shop.
I picked up 2 pkg's Spinach and cheese Raviolli, and a few other things.
The Raviolli was on sale and thought it would be good with some of my spicy sausages for dinner.
So I get home and start dinner, the water boils, so I start putting in the Raviolli, thats when I see it...MOULD!:yuck: I'm talking green, hairy mould:yuck:
:eeew:
I went to take it back and of course they closed 5 minutes before I got there:frustrated:
Oh well tomorrow morning they'll get a visit from me, for the most part their stuff is great, but I won't buy anything that's not frozen from now on.

clm
February 18th, 2009, 09:37 PM
:yuck: thank goodness you noticed it without eating any of it.

Cindy

Dee-O-Gee
February 18th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Man--that's aweful :frustrated:
After finding a spoiled meal, there's nothing like a good old fashion bowl of cereal. :lightbulb:
CLM is right--at least you noticed it B4 eating it. Good luck with your visit tomorrow

Luvmypitgirls
February 18th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Ugh! If I had eaten some of it before I noticed the mould, omg..."wretch!:yuck:"...eww I'm dry heaving just thinking about it....:yuck:

We bought KD once and we were eating it when I noticed something black and hard in it. I picked it out and omg it was a beetle of some sort!:yuck:

I was sick for three days.

Dog Dancer
February 18th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Yeah, been there. Cooked up some broccoli one night only to find a huge wormy thing on top of it after steaming it. :yuck: Couldn't eat the stuff for years after that, and still I look really careful at it!

onster
February 18th, 2009, 11:25 PM
You have officially given me the heebie jeebies :yuck: lol :p

Glad u noticed b4 u ate it@!!

TacoGrl
February 19th, 2009, 08:43 AM
EWWWWW! :yuck:

I hate prepared food...you just never know what is in it! But mold!!!! Do they not check their product regularily? another glad you caught the mold before you ate it!

Jim Hall
February 19th, 2009, 09:05 AM
that happens with ravioli esp if not sealed and kept very cold i get no presevative rav and pirogis but they have to be used quickly or frozen

Melinda
February 19th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Yeah, been there. Cooked up some broccoli one night only to find a huge wormy thing on top of it after steaming it. :yuck: Couldn't eat the stuff for years after that, and still I look really careful at it!

dogdancer, always soak your broccoli/ califlower etc in cold salted water for about 10-15 minutes before cooking it, any bugs or worms will float to the top

onster
February 19th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I didnt knwo that melinda! cool tip, thanks!

Luvmypitgirls
February 19th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I returned the mouldy raviolli, they were very apologetic. She not only refunded my money but she gave me a free 1.5L tub of vanilla frozen yoghurt, my absolute favorite:D

TacoGrl
February 19th, 2009, 09:04 PM
I returned the mouldy raviolli, they were very apologetic. She not only refunded my money but she gave me a free 1.5L tub of vanilla frozen yoghurt, my absolute favorite:D

:clap: That was a great outcome!!! Yummm...BUT have you opened it yet and taken a look inside? :laughing:

Luvmypitgirls
February 20th, 2009, 12:39 AM
:clap: That was a great outcome!!! Yummm...BUT have you opened it yet and taken a look inside? :laughing:

LMAOOOOOOOOO, yes it was the first thing I did when I got home:laughing:
just to be on the safe side :laughing:
Then after fully inspecting it, I ate two bowl:o...and then another after dinner:o...thankfully it's low fat:laughing:

ancientgirl
February 20th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Free frozen yogurt? Maybe you should find moldy ravioli more often?

Luvmypitgirls
February 21st, 2009, 06:17 AM
Free frozen yogurt? Maybe you should find moldy ravioli more often?

uhhhhhh, no thanks!:yuck: I felt kinda bad for the lady working, she was so apologetic and tried to reassure me several times it isn't a common occurrance.

ancientgirl
February 21st, 2009, 07:43 AM
At least they took it back. Years ago I bought something from a small grocery store that wound up being rancid when I got it home to make it. I took it back the next day and they refused to accept any blame. Said they don't sell bad food blah blah blah. I told them to take a good look at my face, because they would never see it there again.

TacoGrl
February 21st, 2009, 07:57 AM
At least they took it back. Years ago I bought something from a small grocery store that wound up being rancid when I got it home to make it. I took it back the next day and they refused to accept any blame. Said they don't sell bad food blah blah blah. I told them to take a good look at my face, because they would never see it there again.

Should have taken it to the health dept. if they wouldn't stand up to the plate...I usually let a store stand up to the plate and if not, that means they do it so much they lose money, so perhaps someone in authority needs to explain to them proper business practices...especially now days when it seems so many are taking short cuts to save money. :rolleyes:

Sorry...sore spot for me when stores don't stand up. :frustrated:

ancientgirl
February 21st, 2009, 09:03 AM
TG, at the time I just didn't think about doing that. Either way, something happened because they went out of business about a year later. I can only imagine it was due to multiple problems. The place wasn't the best looking place to buy food. What I got was packaged, but they often sold take out food so I can only guess something happened that got them shut down.

Luvmypitgirls
February 23rd, 2009, 07:29 PM
Reminds me of when I bought a pkg of chicken, which was full of worms, took it back to the store they refused to take it back or give me my money back. So I stood out in the parking lot and showed people heading in the package of chicken with the worms squirming about. Some ppl claimed they weren't there to buy meat and went in anyway, some just turned about and left, disgusted.
I tried to call the local health dept, but got the answering machine, I left two messages and guess what? They never called me back:frustrated: