Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Older white lab mix found 403 & Trinity Rd. Hamilton

mattraka
August 3rd, 2004, 02:58 PM
Hi there. Last night around 7:30 pm we found a dog on the side of the 403 while travelling eastbound towards Hamilton. We were about 2km west of the Trinity Rd (#52). The dog looked like it had been out for a while - very dirty and smelly. The dog is a female and older (around 8 yrs old maybe) and very friendly. It does not bark at all. Seems to be very homesick but otherwise in good health. It is white/light yellow and looks like a lab mix of some kind. It was wearing a black nylon collar with the word 'hamilton' engraved in the clasp. It did not have dog tags however. I have attached a picture as well.

Please contact me if you would like more information or know who may own this dog.
905-335-0661.

Thanks,
Matt

Luba
August 3rd, 2004, 08:19 PM
Matt you have to take this dog to a vet or shelter to get it scanned for a microchip!!

mattraka
August 4th, 2004, 05:11 AM
Thanks for the tip. I plan to bring the dog to a vet today to get checked out.

Luba
August 4th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Great stuff hopefully fido has a chip ;)

mattraka
August 4th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Just so everyone knows, the dog was not microchipped. Also, the dog may not be as old as I had thought. Seems to only be about 4-5. The dog is now is possession of the Burlington Animal Aid, but you may still contact me about this dog.

Matt

Luba
August 4th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Ahhhh didn't u wanna keeep the dog with u until the owner was found? what a shame :(

Post the link to their site and the telephone number for people to contact

You can also post on

www.canadastrays.com

www.lostandfound.ca

www.petfinder.com

mattraka
August 4th, 2004, 04:35 PM
We did want to keep the dog longer, but unfortunately, we have travel plans this weekend and in the coming weeks and would not be able to bring the dog. The dog gets a thorough vet examination paid for by Animal Aid and will be put in a foster home while they search for the owners and/or adopt it out. We are hoping some friends will adopt it if it comes to that point.

Animal Aid is a no-kill shelter operating in Burlington.

www.animalaid.ca

Matt

Luba
August 4th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Thank u and pls post the dog on the sites I listed above to get exposure. Someone could be frantic looking for their doggie.

chico2
August 10th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Luba,Animal Aid is a wonderful shelter in Burlington,nobody gets killed....I've heard only good things about them.Hopefully they'll find the owner of this pretty dog,someone must be missing her a lot.