Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Fixed cats mounting?

TacoGrl
February 17th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Ok...another thing for mom to learn! :rolleyes:

I caught Seth standing on Messina's back tonight with his front feet...she moved away totally ignoring him...had to have hurt the guy's feelings...he looked so sad standing there! :laughing:

They are fixed though, so what gives?

catlover2
February 18th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Seth standing on Messina's back with front feet is likely his way of expressing dominance over her; it's not sexual. Does he try to boss her? Usually it's a female that is the boss-cat of a household, but some males don't like it, and this is often a way they show it.

TacoGrl
February 18th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Messina definately is the boss around here! Seth follows her around like she is made out of Tuna!

BUT...they both lay down in front of each other and roll onto their backs and bite each others necks. Seth grabbed her collar in his teeth and was so surprised when it came off in his mouth!

Maybe he is getting tired of being led around...I didn't think of that...I certainly didn't know his actions might be those of dominance...

catlover2
February 18th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Besides, dominance it could also be that he wants "to do treadies" on her. Does he like to tread with his paws on your lap or something soft? Quite a few male cats are very insistent about this. My boy is a big treader, whereas my girl cat will do it occasionally. My boy occasionally tries to do that on my girl cat's tummy when she's lying on her back. Actually, some times she lets him, as she likes having her tummy rubbed. It's really quite hilarious! :laughing:

Love4himies
February 18th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Jasper tries to go after Sweet Pea and sometimes Puddles :rolleyes:. When the girls get the zoomies and let out a loud MEOW, Jasper thinks it is an invitation for some "fun" for him :laughing:. He also tries it with Sweet Pea when they are cuddling on the couch or bed.