Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello, I'm new and have ? maybe someone can help

wivester
February 17th, 2009, 07:02 PM
HI,
I have a almost 1 yo beagle/terrier mix (Gunner) we adopted from the local humane society about 6 months ago. Gunner had wet the bed last night but it does not smell like urine. I do not know what expressing glands smell like or if the amount would be as much as he wet. Anyone have any info?
Wendy

hazelrunpack
February 17th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Watch his water intake and urination frequency--sometimes very dilute urine doesn't have much odor...at least not according to the human nose... :o And if he's drinking more, he might have trouble holding his bladder all night. If he's drinking more than usual, or if the accidents continue, a vet visit is in order.

However, and there's no way to say this too delicately, one real possibility is that your dog had a wet dream. Yes...dogs do have erotic dreams, evidently :o

If the wet spot had no detectable odor, it was very likely not his anal glands, since that has a very strong, pungent, fishy odor.

Oh, and welcome to the forum, wivester. :D Got any pics of Gunner to share?

wivester
February 20th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Thank you for getting back to me. It must have been diluted urine since he was awake. I try to get him outside as much as possible before bedtime but will take the water away after his last outing before bed and see if happens again. I will have to download some pictures soon as my digital is fixed. Thanks again