Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It Takes Two

breeze
February 17th, 2009, 05:01 PM
with these two, you have to have a camera in your back pocket at all times.:laughing:

Jim Hall
February 17th, 2009, 05:02 PM
awwwwwww too cute

breeze
February 17th, 2009, 05:03 PM
they usally play like this a least once a day, if not two

chico2
February 17th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Aww Bree,what happened to the puppy:confused:he grew and grew,in to a beautiful big dog:lovestruck:
Please keep that camera with you,more pics would be nice;)

breeze
February 17th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Aww Bree,what happened to the puppy:confused:he grew and grew,in to a beautiful big dog:lovestruck:
Please keep that camera with you,more pics would be nice;)

we don't know what happened to our puppy :laughing: in age he still is a pup (almost 8 months) and he still has a way to go in growing

breeze
February 17th, 2009, 05:22 PM
awwwwwww too cute

thanks jim..

chico2
February 17th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Breeze,what kind of dog is he??
Poor Breeze is starting to look small:laughing:

breeze
February 17th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Breeze,what kind of dog is he??
Poor Breeze is starting to look small:laughing:

A leonberger..

and yes Bree is starting to look small:sad: but thats ok cause then she can curl up on the bottom of my bed better:thumbs up

ancientgirl
February 17th, 2009, 09:15 PM
OMG, it's like one minute he's a puppy and then I blink and he's huge.

That first picture is lovely.

meg4050
February 17th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Oh I just love these two! They're such a gorgeous pair :cloud9:

14+kitties
February 17th, 2009, 10:56 PM
:eek: That is quite the size difference now! And he isn't done!! :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
February 17th, 2009, 11:34 PM
:laughing: The one of Archer grabbing Bree by the back of the neck and her long-suffering look!!! Poor Bree! :D Does she still love her little brother even though he's getting so big?

cpietra16
February 18th, 2009, 07:42 AM
OMG....where did the puppy go????:D:cloud9:Does he know he's a tad bigger???:D

breeze
February 18th, 2009, 07:47 AM
OMG, it's like one minute he's a puppy and then I blink and he's huge.

That first picture is lovely.

they grow fast and poof the puppy is gone but only in size :D

Oh I just love these two! They're such a gorgeous pair :cloud9:

thank you :cloud9:

:eek: That is quite the size difference now! And he isn't done!! :cloud9:

nope not yet..:D:lovestruck:

breeze
February 18th, 2009, 07:52 AM
:laughing: The one of Archer grabbing Bree by the back of the neck and her long-suffering look!!! Poor Bree! :D Does she still love her little brother even though he's getting so big?

they are best of friends, and usally Bree starts it and Archie finishes it :laughing:

OMG....where did the puppy go????:D:cloud9:Does he know he's a tad bigger???:D

yes and no. he can't get into my chair with me sitting in it any more or go under the chairs in the dining room .. but he still trys :laughing::laughing:

diandpat
February 18th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Aw, Bree and Archer :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

So nice to see the big goofs together.

Breeze, I was walking in those woods I told you about earlier this week and along come TWO leonbergers :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: One was full grown (read: horse size :D ) and the other was eight months old and a big goof!!!! The older one was very black and the younger was more like Archer but less black.

If you ever go there be on the lookout!!!! LOL

breeze
February 18th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Aw, Bree and Archer :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

So nice to see the big goofs together.

Breeze, I was walking in those woods I told you about earlier this week and along come TWO leonbergers :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: One was full grown (read: horse size :D ) and the other was eight months old and a big goof!!!! The older one was very black and the younger was more like Archer but less black.

If you ever go there be on the lookout!!!! LOL

I heard about someone owning 3 leo's that go to the park, but never seen them, would love to see them.. we don't go there very much cause bree MUST stay on the leash and I am still training archer, so the leash drags on the ground.

there are some leo's that are much lighter in color than even archer, almost blond, and some are very dark.:lovestruck::lovestruck:

chico2
February 18th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Bree,of course,I should have remembered he is a Leonburger,he is just beautiful,but so is sweet Bree.
There is a BMD in a Pet-connection(hollistic food) store here and I would say he is twice the size of Bree,he is huge and a pure BMD.
I guess like in most cases,males are bigger.

breeze
February 18th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Bree,of course,I should have remembered he is a Leonburger,he is just beautiful,but so is sweet Bree.
There is a BMD in a Pet-connection(hollistic food) store here and I would say he is twice the size of Bree,he is huge and a pure BMD.
I guess like in most cases,males are bigger.

yes bree is on the small side,
males are bigger, and apparently there are more than one kind of berners.

with Bree having stomach problems it is hard for her to gain bulk, let alone keeping weight on (if only WE could have that problem lol) she is more active than the normal berner's (a lot more hyper). but Archer has been good for her. she is gaining some weight and keeping it on :thumbs up still hyper though. :D

growler~GateKeeper
February 19th, 2009, 12:58 AM
Wow Archer's gotten so big! :cloud9: That's a great first shot of the two of them :D Bree is so purrdy :cloud9:

angeldogs
February 19th, 2009, 06:47 AM
Awww poor Bree,brother munching on her and mom with camera taking a pic of it.:laughing:

They both are such such good looking pups :lovestruck:

breeze
February 19th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Wow Archer's gotten so big! :cloud9: That's a great first shot of the two of them :D Bree is so purrdy :cloud9:

:cloud9:thank you :cloud9: she is my pretty girl :cloud9:

Awww poor Bree,brother munching on her and mom with camera taking a pic of it.:laughing:

They both are such such good looking pups :lovestruck:

Bree is such a good girl. Sometimes she puts up with a lot with Archer.

Love4himies
February 19th, 2009, 10:12 AM
OMG what happened to Archer the puppy :eek: :eek: :cloud9:. Me thinks you are not posting enough pics :frustrated: :D

And Bree is so pretty as always :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9: :lovestruck:

breeze
February 19th, 2009, 12:03 PM
OMG what happened to Archer the puppy :eek: :eek: :cloud9:. Me thinks you are not posting enough pics :frustrated: :D

And Bree is so pretty as always :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9: :lovestruck:

sorry, but arch is still a puppy in age and in heart. :D

Bree says thank you.

onster
February 19th, 2009, 01:26 PM
OH wow!!! he is HUGE! but so so gorgeous ...so is bree :lovestruck:

breeze
February 19th, 2009, 01:33 PM
OH wow!!! he is HUGE! but so so gorgeous ...so is bree :lovestruck:

and more to cuddle.:cloud9:

TeriM
February 19th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Awww they are looking wonderful :lovestruck:. Bree always seems to serious in her pictures and Archer reminds me of goofy Riley with his goofy expressions :cloud9:. They make a stunning pair :cloud9:.

cpietra16
February 23rd, 2009, 10:53 AM
cpietra suggested I contact you with a question....

I have a 3 year English Cocker Spaniel that has been involved in obedience school since 3 months old and he is very social with all dogs in class on and off leash. He is very gentle at home, and love everyone that walks through the door. He has never snapped at anyone, even at time when I thought he should have with small children.

I have recently adopted a 4 month old collie/golden mix from rescue. He is a very good dog and when he's alone with us, he's great and very mild mannered. But when Winston is in the room, he instantly wants to play. Because he is already bigger then Winston, he is overbearing. Winston will play with him for awhile, but since Ty doesn't know when to stop, Winston will growl and snap at him and generally Ty will back off.

Last night, they were out playing and when they came in, Ty still high strung, bit Winston's ear pretty hard and pulled (Winston has sensitive ears). Winston lunged at him several times showing teeth and was very upset afterward - went to lie down in the living room.

I know that some of this behaviour is normal, but I don't want to play referee with them for the next few years. Very soon, Ty will be bigger than Winston and I'm very worried that I won't be able to control him at that point. Ty is a puppy that is very "in your face" with Winston. With us, alone, he is the perfect puppy. Help, I'm worried Ty will continue to do this for years and I won't be able to tolerate it. Again, Ty will soon be much bigger than Winston and I don't want to jeopardize Winton's safety.

Thanks.

Carole

angeldogs
February 23rd, 2009, 11:51 AM
:cloud9:thank you :cloud9: she is my pretty girl :cloud9:

Bree is such a good girl. Sometimes she puts up with a lot with Archer.

She is a good girl for sure.it's always when they have patience for a pup.

breeze
February 23rd, 2009, 11:59 AM
cpietra suggested I contact you with a question....

I have a 3 year English Cocker Spaniel that has been involved in obedience school since 3 months old and he is very social with all dogs in class on and off leash. He is very gentle at home, and love everyone that walks through the door. He has never snapped at anyone, even at time when I thought he should have with small children.

I have recently adopted a 4 month old collie/golden mix from rescue. He is a very good dog and when he's alone with us, he's great and very mild mannered. But when Winston is in the room, he instantly wants to play. Because he is already bigger then Winston, he is overbearing. Winston will play with him for awhile, but since Ty doesn't know when to stop, Winston will growl and snap at him and generally Ty will back off.

Last night, they were out playing and when they came in, Ty still high strung, bit Winston's ear pretty hard and pulled (Winston has sensitive ears). Winston lunged at him several times showing teeth and was very upset afterward - went to lie down in the living room.

I know that some of this behaviour is normal, but I don't want to play referee with them for the next few years. Very soon, Ty will be bigger than Winston and I'm very worried that I won't be able to control him at that point. Ty is a puppy that is very "in your face" with Winston. With us, alone, he is the perfect puppy. Help, I'm worried Ty will continue to do this for years and I won't be able to tolerate it. Again, Ty will soon be much bigger than Winston and I don't want to jeopardize Winton's safety.

Thanks.

Carole

Hi Carole.

Archie also goes after the ears, throat, and anything else he can grab with his teeth and things can get hairy sometimes with the barking and the baring teeth. but in my eyes as long as there is no blood, or broken skin, I leave them to work it out on their own.
it is their way of tell each other to back off and it's not acceptable.

there are times I will step in and break them up (learning dog body language is important also)so that they learn that the house is not always a play ground, and that they have to listen to me. when I say stop, it's stop..

Arch can be a pest to Bree (he can be very pushy) and Bree can become cranky at times,(arn't we all sometimes) lol that's also when I will take one of them out for an extra long walk, then come home and take the other one out for a long walk. or I will give them a kong to work on or I will take them out to run off some energy..

I'm no expert I just do what I think is right and what has been working for me.

Archer now knows the command "leave her alone" or "enough" (actually they both know the command "enough" which has helped a lot.)

body language/ tail wagging
reading the signs/ raised hair, ears back/ stance is different
when to step in/when not to
or when to take one of the dogs out of the situation

you have to find out what works and what doesn't, but remember it does not happen over night.

I hope I answered some of your questions.:fingerscr:grouphug:

cpietra16
February 23rd, 2009, 01:14 PM
Thanks.... I think that teaching them "enough" in the house is a great idea. This is my first time having two dogs, and I really think they can be great friends. They do play very well together and get along most of the time. I just want to make sure that I learn to control Ty before he gets too large! He really is a great puppy!

breeze
February 23rd, 2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks.... I think that teaching them "enough" in the house is a great idea. This is my first time having two dogs, and I really think they can be great friends. They do play very well together and get along most of the time. I just want to make sure that I learn to control Ty before he gets too large! He really is a great puppy!

just don't step in to often, Winston and Ty have to work it out themselves to find out who is who in the pack .
you can teach "enough" outside also not just in the house so this will help out when they are playing.

we have always had two dogs :cloud9::lovestruck:

why don't you join the board. there are a lot of knowledgeable people here and maybe they can also recommend things. and we would love to see pictures wink wink hint hint hint.

2Tollerz
February 23rd, 2009, 03:22 PM
Very cute!! I love Leos. :)

pbpatti
February 23rd, 2009, 03:26 PM
all I can say is WOW, has Archer ever grown. Bree looks like a miniature copmpared to him. they both look so healthy and happy too. Keep up the good work.