Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New to Pets.ca

joannec
February 15th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Hi my name is Joanne and I am a Professional Dog Groomer with my own salon in Toronto. I would love to communicate with other dog lovers and groomers. A question I have is how do you deal with dogs biting at the cages aggessively. The dog doesn't try to bite me, but while he is waiting for his owner he bites on the cage bars. I don't want him to hurt himself, I have never experienced this before.

russte
February 15th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Welcome to the forum, I have no advice but I'm sure someone on here will. This is a very good form to belong to, there are many people here that will give you excellant advice, again welcome....:highfive:russte

badger
February 15th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Maybe he has had bad experiences in crates? Can you distract him with a Kong, stuffed with something tasty?

SnowDancer
February 15th, 2009, 10:43 PM
My almost 5 American Eskimo is afraid of crates - has been since we got him from the BYB who wasn't supposed to be a BYB. After he is groomed he stays loose in the adjoining room. He also goes for day care once a week at his groomer's so basically hangs out after being groomed in same place that is familiar to him - the room is adjacent to the grooming room - which he is smart enough to stay clear of. He knows the groomer and her assistant and is friendly with their 3 dogs - plus the other "regulars" so I think that has helped.