Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

guess how old I am..

Shaykeija
February 15th, 2009, 03:30 PM
if I post a recent picture here will you guys give an honest guestimate? I hate getting my picture taken so this one was self taken a few days go..

babymomma
February 15th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Yep, I will be honest!

Shaykeija
February 15th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Ok scary picture coming up... Clear all exits just in case ya gotta run....and no I did not use any filters or photo enhancements

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r182/SinCitySloan/oldwitch.jpg

chico2
February 15th, 2009, 03:56 PM
I'd say anywhere from 15-25yrs old:laughing:just to be on the safe side:laughing:

babymomma
February 15th, 2009, 04:01 PM

BusterBoo
February 15th, 2009, 04:10 PM
hhhmmm......could you post a smile picture????? Hard to tell, but I would say not a teenager....and not in "retirement" mode :D

Shaykeija
February 15th, 2009, 04:28 PM
ok now some more guesses...

joannec
February 15th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Honestly late thirties early forties, but really age means nothing it's how you feel.

14+kitties
February 15th, 2009, 04:50 PM
I don't know. My first guess when I looked was 50ish. Hubby agrees. Shoot me if you will but :shrug:

Shaykeija
February 15th, 2009, 04:54 PM

fifty ish...............

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss266/melissajean88/Sweetpea%20Smilies/crying.gif

14+kitties
February 15th, 2009, 04:58 PM
:laughing: 49 IS 50ish!! So sorry. :o
You look fantastic!!

14+kitties
February 15th, 2009, 05:01 PM
I hate it when people ask "How old do you think I am?" Someone (me) is bound to err on the bad side. But you did ask for honesty. :shrug:

angeldogs
February 15th, 2009, 05:28 PM
I would have quessed no older then 45 tops.

Shaykeija
February 15th, 2009, 05:36 PM
blahhhh.. gonna drag this old butt to bed after a big glass of whine opps wine lol

not insulted by any means... now if some one would have said 60...whole other story:D

angeldogs
February 15th, 2009, 05:39 PM
You can keep the wine.:yuck:

Know if you would have said Crown Royal you would have gotten a :thumbs up:D

Shaykeija
February 15th, 2009, 05:43 PM
It could be worse i could look like this..................................

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c112/kayisarawkstar/prune.jpg

angeldogs
February 15th, 2009, 05:44 PM
:laughing::laughing:

14+kitties
February 15th, 2009, 05:47 PM
I turned 53 last Sept. I forget about how old I am until I look in the mirror. Then I just laugh and say I am looking more and more like my mom every day. I don't mind that. She was a wonderful lady.:cloud9:

onster
February 15th, 2009, 05:50 PM
:shrug: I would have said 50ish too :o but im really bad with ages. To be honest I think it doesnt really matter what your age is and it's good to look whatever age you are!

Every age has its beauty

In any case, you look great :thumbs up

Diamondsmum
February 15th, 2009, 06:05 PM
See I can relate.. sorta.. I look/sound very young. & have been turned down for jobs (26 of them) to be exact. Due to my looks/voice many dont think I am outa highschool. :frustrated:

I get "carted" everywhere yeah yeah I know its a compliment but a PITA at same time.

In a pic of me with my son at his Grade 8 Grad this past June, I v been mistaken for his step-sis or his date. :wall:

The bonus tho is at the local fair etc they have the "Guess Your Age" booth
They NEVER get it right & I always wind up geting a prize.

I'd post the pic but too many here know my true age:p

luckypenny
February 15th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Shaykeija, my 18 year old said, "if she's 49, she's a hot 49." ;)

You're gorgeous but, more important, is that you feel it too :).

Luvmypitgirls
February 15th, 2009, 08:39 PM
I was gonna say mid to late 40's...:)

Dog Dancer
February 15th, 2009, 08:51 PM
I was going to say late 40's also. Do I see dark roots under that hat?? I think darker hair would make you look younger (sorry you didn't ask did you). I do think you look good for 49, I just turned 50 this past year, and don't feel a day over 39, but definitely look over 39. My boss insists I don't look 50 though. I have been mistaken for my son's girlfriend (well a couple years ago, not this year). And when I was 39 and he was 20 he had to take me to the hospital and the nurse said my husband could come in in ten minutes! My son was not amused...

TacoGrl
February 15th, 2009, 09:27 PM
I too look in the mirror and see my mother...more every year, but it's odd cuz I too don't look my age-I look MUCH younger, but my features are still developing into hers...

Guessing someone else's age is impossible...you NEVER can say the right thing :rolleyes:

SnowDancer
February 15th, 2009, 10:51 PM
I would have said 45 - but really thinking closer to 50 - I always take at least 5 years off whenever someone asks me how old I think they are. I am almost 59 so I probably find it easier to pick out someone who is perhaps late 40s - 50ish since I recognize the little tell tale signs of aging, no matter how hard we try to minimize them. But when you are looking at people say in their mid 20s it becomes more difficult and easier to say they just look 12. My husband thinks everyone has aged except him - and is always asking me why I have a new wrinkle. I think he needs a very big magnifying mirror since he turned 60 in Dec. He was commenting the other night on how old David Letterman is looking - well, not much old than my husband. As far as being only as old as you feel, well, I think that works better when you are 35. I agree, I think darker hair would look nice on you. Sadly, I suit only auburn and my hair without the colour would be iron grey - and auburn is tough and fades.

glasslass
February 15th, 2009, 10:55 PM
I've always been told I look a lot like my mom. But one day I looked in the mirror and said "POP??!!" (sigh)

clm
February 16th, 2009, 06:28 AM
I've always been told I look a lot like my mom. But one day I looked in the mirror and said "POP??!!" (sigh)

:laughing::laughing:You're too funny. :laughing::laughing:

Cindy

Dracko
February 16th, 2009, 12:55 PM
I think anytime someone says, "Guess how old I am?" they set themselves up for a bad end result.

pitgrrl
February 16th, 2009, 01:59 PM
But when you are looking at people say in their mid 20s it becomes more difficult and easier to say they just look 12.

Ya know, it's actually a problem when one really does look about 12, but is actually pushing 30 :laughing: Having to ask your little brother to buy alcohol for you is a little embarrassing at 28.

BusterBoo
February 16th, 2009, 02:34 PM
It's just a number....some of us have bigger numbers than others :laughing:

The best compliment I have had recently was when someone asked me if my grandson was my son......No, I didn't pay them to ask me that :D I also have been told I look like my Mom and that is the nicest thing anyone can say to me....My Mom was beautiful inside and out!

SnowDancer
February 16th, 2009, 03:35 PM
pitgrrl - Enjoy it while you can! I have never had that problem. Although apparently with my skin type I could look at lot worse.