Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

emergent!!!! please help!!

ming0302
February 14th, 2009, 09:45 PM
My friend mistakingly feed my 2 dog with 100g Seameal on my old yorkie, and 20g on my 3-months old yorkie. The old yorkie is supposed be given 1/8 spoon of seameal only (equals to 0.375g), even a 1000lb horse is allowed to have 1 tablespoon of seameal only!!!!!!!!!!and the young one is even not permit to have this supplement.

If there is anyone knows about the Solid Gold product, please give me some suggestions, I would appreciate it!!

I want to know what happened will be after my two dogs were overtreated with sealmeal?

I am really angry right now because I have shown him an instruction of how to feed them. The instruction says 50g of food mixed with 1/8 spoon of supplement and water. how can he read it as 50g of supplement? but I am more worry about them than angry..so i hope someone would help me out. Thanks

hazelrunpack
February 14th, 2009, 10:12 PM
My connection is too slow to pull up the links to Seameal. You might want to do an internet search on it and see if you can find a contact number to call.

Alternatively, if there is a vet you can call, that might be your best option.

How long ago did this happen?

ming0302
February 14th, 2009, 10:43 PM
It was happened few hours ago after I went back home and I noticed it.

corky/max
February 14th, 2009, 10:55 PM
I have a phone # for the Solid Gold co---1 800 706-0807.--that is the free one. Another # they also gave is 612 729 7748. Fax: 612 729 0822

hazelrunpack
February 14th, 2009, 10:55 PM
The only thing I've been able to find over my slow connection is a comment posted on a board talking about the product that an overdose of the supplement can be bad for the dog...but no details and no further comment...

I have no idea what's in the supplement, but as much of an overdose as your dogs got, I think I'd want to touch bases with a vet or someone from the company pretty quick!

babymomma
February 14th, 2009, 11:06 PM
One would think that in an emergency (EMERGENCY BEING THE KEY WORD) That you would go see a vet or an EMERGENCY vet. Not hop on the computer, Take 5-10 minutes of searching the internet, ending up finding pets.ca Then another 5 minutes to register, another few to figure out how to post. In the lentgh of time it took you to find this place, register, ask question and get a response, You could have driven to the vets office, and figuring out if your dogs will be okay, after giving enough of this stuff to a small dog, that you would give to a 1000 lb horse.

corky/max
February 14th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Wanted to get the phone #'s to you right away so will finish up here now.
A free service---(no charge for the consultation)-785 532-5679--Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine--available 24 hrs. a day. It may tak a few mins. to page the veterinary toxicologist on call at that time.

Another free consultation is: Tuft University School of Veterinary Medicine at:508 839-5395.

Read the ingredients on the bottle--saw a list on their shown product on the web---from what I saw--it didn't sound too bad--may get too much zinc I'm kind of wondering about but I am no expert here. Probably too late now but I was wondering if getting the dogs to throw up might help--prob. already absorbed everything. They usually will eat grass to make themselves throw up. How are they acting--anything out of the norm?? Let us know how things go when you get time--not while you are attending them now!!

corky/max
February 24th, 2009, 01:55 PM
One would think that in an emergency (EMERGENCY BEING THE KEY WORD) That you would go see a vet or an EMERGENCY vet. Not hop on the computer, Take 5-10 minutes of searching the internet, ending up finding pets.ca Then another 5 minutes to register, another few to figure out how to post. In the lentgh of time it took you to find this place, register, ask question and get a response, You could have driven to the vets office, and figuring out if your dogs will be okay, after giving enough of this stuff to a small dog, that you would give to a 1000 lb horse.

This has been bothering me ever since I read a few min. after you posted it! And you are right (to a point) but did you know all the circumstances--maybe she couldn't get to a vet for some reason or other. And maybe it would of been faster to call a poison center and find out what to immediately do--like whether to get the dog to throw up or not right away. This person was in a panic and didn't know what to do! Maybe she was young (like you) and maybe new to the area, maybe no car or drivers license---Whatever the reason--It looks like we will never hear from her again (It has been 2 weeks since she asked for help) and I for one would like to know if the dog is still alive!!----I keep looking for a reply from her and none there. I keep thinking how you reacted to her and not making her feel very comfortable with your remarks and maybe that is why she doesn't want to get on this forum again.

ruby2sday
February 24th, 2009, 02:50 PM
I too would like to know how the dogs are doing

Chris21711
February 24th, 2009, 03:00 PM
This has been bothering me ever since I read a few min. after you posted it! And you are right (to a point) but did you know all the circumstances--maybe she couldn't get to a vet for some reason or other. And maybe it would of been faster to call a poison center and find out what to immediately do--like whether to get the dog to throw up or not right away. This person was in a panic and didn't know what to do! Maybe she was young (like you) and maybe new to the area, maybe no car or drivers license---Whatever the reason--It looks like we will never hear from her again (It has been 2 weeks since she asked for help) and I for one would like to know if the dog is still alive!!----I keep looking for a reply from her and none there. I keep thinking how you reacted to her and not making her feel very comfortable with your remarks and maybe that is why she doesn't want to get on this forum again.

It happens all the time with this member corky/max:frustrated: