Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Pictures of Briggs, my you have grown!!!

sammiec
August 3rd, 2004, 09:39 AM
I thought I would share some updated pictures of Briggs!!! She's getting so BIG!!! She will be 9 months on Aug 11....My baby, not so baby anymore... :( :p

Princesss04
August 3rd, 2004, 10:18 AM
They do get so big so fast. Very cute, I love that sweet little face! :D

Lucky Rescue
August 3rd, 2004, 10:21 AM
Awww - Briggs is growing into such a beautiful fathead!! Give her smooches from me and Chloe....well - from ME anyway! :p

sammiec
August 3rd, 2004, 10:41 AM
We can pretend that Chloe sends kisses!!

Briggs actaully got her first try at swimming yesterday!! She did SOO good. I little worried because there was a bit of a current!! But she was in good hands!! She absolutely loved it! :p

glasslass
August 3rd, 2004, 12:24 PM
I love the photo in the jeep! Years ago, we were active in a 4wheel club. We had a Land Cruiser. My hubby still laughs about picking up Den-Den 3 from the groomer and driving home with him sitting primly in the front seat in the open vehicle. My husband looks like he should have a bear cub, not a toy poodle. :p He said people would do a double-take and then start laughing!
Brick looks like she enjoys it thoroughly!

Luba
August 3rd, 2004, 12:37 PM
GREAT pics Sam!! :D

Wow she looks like she loves the water and I love that pic of her at the campsite. She is getting so big!!

Give her big kissssies from me :D

sammiec
August 3rd, 2004, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the wonderful replies guys!! I am so smitten with her!! Best decision I've ever made!!! Every time we visit our vet he comments on just how beautiful she is and what a great dog she is!! Everyone that we met along our way yesterday had nothing but nice comments about her - even changed the thoughts of some anti-pit bull people on our way!!! It really makes you all warm and fuzzy when someone says "Oh, that's a pit bull! What a great dog!!!" :D

Luba
August 3rd, 2004, 12:47 PM
You can always try the 'it's a boxer ' routine until they get to know the dog then tell them she's pitty lol :p

sammiec
August 3rd, 2004, 01:21 PM
I actually used to do that when we first got her!!! LOL!!! So sneaky!! :D

Luba
August 3rd, 2004, 08:20 PM
Hey hey great minds ;)

Cactus Flower
August 4th, 2004, 12:34 AM
That first photo needs to be entered into a photo contest. I'm not kiddin. It literally took my breath away. Enter it. There are tons of sites online to do so (even some of the pit sites). I bet that pic could pay your rent....or mortgage......or something! At least it should be so, in my opinion!

WOW. Just plain wow.

Cactus Flower
August 4th, 2004, 12:35 AM
Afterthought: What about the pit bull calendars? Could send the picture in to one of those! Make Briggs famous!

Cactus Flower
August 4th, 2004, 12:52 AM
Howzabout seeing Briggs' face on a bottle of Jones soda?

They are currently taking entries....

http://www.jonessoda.com/gallery/index.php?offset=53

chico2
August 4th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Briggs is growing in to to quiet a lady,very kissable :D
I too had a missconception about pitts before joining this Forum,but never really believed a dog is vicious from birth.The Forum has been a great learning experience especially about pitts.Thank's to Chloe and Briggs!!

sammiec
August 4th, 2004, 10:02 AM
That first photo needs to be entered into a photo contest. I'm not kiddin. It literally took my breath away. Enter it. There are tons of sites online to do so (even some of the pit sites). I bet that pic could pay your rent....or mortgage......or something! At least it should be so, in my opinion!

WOW. Just plain wow.

You're sweet!! That actually brought tears to my eyes!! :o :p I think she's pretty too!! Here's couple more for ya!!

P.S. Just ignore the dirty window in the second pic, that's where Connor plays with his reflection... it's all cleaned up now.. :o

heidiho
August 4th, 2004, 10:08 AM
God that is a good lookin dog..

sammiec
August 4th, 2004, 10:19 AM
God that is a good lookin dog..
Thanks alot Heidi!! :D

heidiho
August 4th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Your welcome i love his coloring,i feel like a pet stalker,lookin at everyones cute pets. :eek: :eek:

heidiho
August 4th, 2004, 10:47 AM
How old is he??

sammiec
August 4th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Your welcome i love his coloring,i feel like a pet stalker,lookin at everyones cute pets. :eek: :eek:
LOL, HER!!! Briggs is a girl!! Don't worry, you're not the first.... :p :D She's 9 months on the 11 of August...

heidiho
August 4th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Oops,sorry

sammiec
August 4th, 2004, 10:52 AM
No need to be sorry... :D

chico2
August 4th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Awww Sammiec,she looks wonderful,content and happy...there is a female young tan pit at the Oakville HS,I hope someone like you or LR will adopt her,she sooo sweet :(

Luba
August 4th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Poor Briggs is gonna get a complex

Don't worry darlin you're a very pretty girl.

I think u should put a pink scarf on her Sam :D

sammiec
August 4th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Howzabout seeing Briggs' face on a bottle of Jones soda?

They are currently taking entries....

I entered her!!!
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=39181#post39181

Cactus Flower
August 4th, 2004, 06:36 PM
SO glad you entered her!! Tell Briggs not to forget all of us little people when she's famous :D

Those additional photos are just terrific! I had to laugh at you worrying about the window- nobody would have noticed with that gorgeous dog in the forefront. But isn't it funny how we notice these things once it is in a picture? I've done that myself- snapped the perfect pic, then looked at it on the computer and said "ACK! There's a dirty sock laying right there!!!" or "JEEEZ I didn't realize the table was that filthy!". I've been known to crop out certain items ;)

Anyway, keep entering her! There are tons of places on the net to do so!

Cactus Flower
August 4th, 2004, 06:37 PM
By the way, what kind of camera do you have?

krdahmer
August 5th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Those doggie seat belts are soooo adorable!!!

sammiec
August 5th, 2004, 08:27 AM
By the way, what kind of camera do you have?
It's nothing special, a FUJI digital camera, not basic model but the next one up. I think it's like 3 megapixles, but I use the lowest resolution...I don't have it here right now, but I can post the model. It's fantastic for a regular digital camera - only like 250 CDN!!!

RuffNTumble
August 6th, 2004, 07:27 AM
sammiec,

speaking as the soon to be mother of a 14 month old neo mastiff, I can tell you she has a face only a mother could love (and she's not wrinkled yet!) but your Briggs is just BEAUTIFUL. That picture of her laying down with her head in the sunlight? Pitty or not, she's just gorgeous. It's a shame pitbulls have such a bad reputation. It's funny how some people have dogs that bite constantly (my friend has a fat Jack Russell that's bitten everyone about twice, and drawn blood each time) and that's ok, yet they ban pitbulls on the chance that one might bite. Lock jaw isn't exactly their problem, they can't help it! A friend of mine worked in a vet clinic, and someone brought it a pitty and the dog was so scared it bit her arm, and of course, her teeth couldn't touch, so her jaw locked. They had to put her under to dislocate her jaw, and my friend said the dog looked scared before the bite, but even more during. Can you imagine biting and not being able to let go? Whose idea was lockjaw anyway? Or did they come that way?

Anyway, I ramble on, but you have a very pretty dog. And go Jones Soday go!

Ruff

sammiec
August 6th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Lock jaw isn't exactly their problem, they can't help it! A friend of mine worked in a vet clinic, and someone brought it a pitty and the dog was so scared it bit her arm, and of course, her teeth couldn't touch, so her jaw locked. They had to put her under to dislocate her jaw, and my friend said the dog looked scared before the bite, but even more during. Can you imagine biting and not being able to let go? Whose idea was lockjaw anyway? Or did they come that way?

Thanks for the kind words about my Briggsy!! Just to let you know, the lock jaw thing is a complete myth. There is not such thing as a locking mechanism in their jaws. These dogs are just so powerful that they can withstand insurmountable attempts at making them let go. My vet told me that they have approximately 2000psi (pounds per square inch) which appears to most as though the dog is locking it's jaw!! That's ALOT of pressure - the average dog has approximately 800 - 900 therefore the pitbll just doubles that. Most dogs snap and nip, which causing them to release their oponent while fighting, a pitbull will bite down and shake without letting go, a SIGNIFICANT amount of damage can be done in a VERY short time due to the fighting style. Here is some more information on the "urban myths" of pit bulls.

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/myths.cfm

sammiec
August 6th, 2004, 10:23 AM
This was Briggs a couple of months after we got her... I still have to scan in the pictures from when we picked her up at the shelter... she was soo tiny!!!

Nevermind the crap ass couches, I have upgraded since then...LOL

chico2
August 6th, 2004, 10:44 AM
She has the sweetest Love-me-I-am-not-a-bad-dog-face :D

Catt31
August 6th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Wooooooooo HOOOooooooooooooo!!!!!!! BRICK IS IN LOOOOOOVVVEEEE!!!!!!

Hubba Hubba........he short circuited the keyboard with all his drooling!!!!

That first photo of her you posted is amazing...I agree with Cactus....its amazing!!! I'm glad you entered her into the jones soda contest!! I think I might enter Brick too!!! :D

heidiho
August 6th, 2004, 01:34 PM
how cuuuuuteeeeeeeeeeeeee////

glasslass
August 6th, 2004, 02:25 PM
I didn't see her as a pup. What an absolutely appealing expression! Start scanning!

wAggie
August 8th, 2004, 10:41 PM
:eek:

i thought she was older, she looks so peaceful!