Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost **** Zhu/ Terrier Breed Dog in Scarborough

susannalau
February 13th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Name: Yun Yun
Height: 25-30 cms
Length: 30-40 cms
Distinguishing Marks: White, Light brown coat with greyish patches on bottom of ears, along shoulders and upper back and face, long curly smooth tail, large black wart on left cheek, old hernia scar on stomach, green dog collar with white diamond studs, extremely timid of strangers will shake and bark, 2 tags on collar : one red heart shaped one with vet address and ID # and one rabies vaccination tag

if seen please call : 647-282-0810

Extemely timid of strangers and if approached abruptly will continue to run off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOUND on February 17th in the morning.
THANK YOU for all of the help everyone!

babymomma
February 13th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Is there anyway you could add a picture. It would help if anybody hasspotted her.

GOOD LUCK in your search.

susannalau
February 13th, 2009, 02:13 PM
I'm trying to but its hard to find one that fits there size maximums

vegan_girl
February 14th, 2009, 06:27 AM
there is a female shih tzu at the Toronto Humane Society that is in the lost and found section.

http://www.torontohumanesociety.com/lostandfound/petharbor_dogs.asp

Shaykeija
February 14th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Holy crap... I did a side by side look , I think it is her...I hope so.

Shaykeija
February 14th, 2009, 06:17 PM
I called the owner, I hope that this is her little girl....

susannalau
February 14th, 2009, 08:17 PM
I went down to the Toronto Humane Society right after you called, but they informed me that the dog in the picture was already claimed this morning by its rightful owner. The picture looked dead on like my dog though. Apparently, the Toronto Humane Society website does not upload pictures of the dogs found on a hourly basis and sometimes it can take up to a day for it to load. The only other ****zhu they had was one that has been there for the last 2 weeks unclaimed and ours has just been missing for 2 days.

Thank you so much for calling me, I really appreciated the thoughtfulness.

I wish you the best in finding your little one too.

-Susanna

Bluecatt
February 14th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Susanna,

I'm so sorry, I hope you find her. Is she microchipped and does she have a collar with her phone#/address?
Did you put up any posters in the neighborhood where you think she may be?

A few years ago, our cat took off on Boxing Day and he was gone for 6 days! but the day after he went missing, we made a ton of posters and posted them all over in the area. A tip: put them in large freezer bags so they stay dry.

Anyway, our posters worked and Bruno was found about a kilometer away - he had been hiding in someone's shed. So don't give up hope, but be proactive and put some posters up. Good luck! :grouphug:

Shaykeija
February 14th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Oh Suzanna.. I was wishing this was your little girl. I hope she gets found soon...

susannalau
February 15th, 2009, 07:20 AM
She has 2 ID tags, one with her Vet's # and address (who is aware that she is missing) and the other has her rabies vaccination number also with her Vet's address and Number.

I never got her micro chipped, which was stupid of me not to.

Yes, we have posted about 50 posters around the neighbor hood and even adjacent neighbor hoods, pretty much I've tried to cover as much of the area that I have ever took her for a walk.

susannalau
February 16th, 2009, 07:05 PM
So I got a call from this guy who said he has seen my dog 2x now around his neigborhood which is somewhat close to mines.

The first time he saw my dog approach 2 ladies while walking their dogs and try to tag along. The 2 especially kind ladies kept shooing her away and swatting at her until she eventually ran across the street.

The 2nd time he saw her was this morning right across the street for her vet clinic.

So I spent at least 4 hours today walking around the entire area, asking people if they have seen my dog and screaming her name out.

It was all for nothing, I still have not found her. He was even kind enough to have met me at the corner and show me here exactly she was. But she was gone by then..

Hunting for your lost pet is one of the hardest things to do.

shirley1011
February 16th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Susanna..you are so right..it is the hardest thing..you get your hopes so high only for them to crash down again...just get as many pictures and contact info into as many hands as you can..the more eyes looking for her the better. If someone has taken her in someone may know.
Don't give up...just get her plastered everywhere and talk to as many people as you can.

Chris21711
February 18th, 2009, 09:50 AM
WOOHOOOO :thumbs up Another little soul found.

In case peeps didn't notice the OP sneaked the news in her first post

diandpat
February 18th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Wow, that's two now. :highfive: In French we say "jamais deux sans trois"...loosely traslated to good things coming in threes. C'mon, one more of you missed souls...PLEASE come home :pray::pray::pray:

Susannalau, please come back and tell us how/when the happy reunion happened ;)

shirley1011
February 18th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Aren't you the observant one Chris....
wow another one found! Great news

Chris21711
February 18th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Aren't you the observant one Chris....
wow another one found! Great news

I ate my wheaties this morning Shirley :laughing:

BenMax
February 18th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I ate my wheaties this morning Shirley :laughing:

Excellent news - Chris - can you pass the wheatie box here?

Chris21711
February 18th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Excellent news - Chris - can you pass the wheatie box here?

:laughing:

I hope the OP returns with news on how her little girl made it home.