Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Montreal CTV report of last night

JennieV
February 13th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Yep, we have hit a new low, which I find sad and disturbing on a whole new level...Here is the link, I hope it works. If not, you can find the story on ctv.ca, under local stations (Montreal). http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090212/mtl_dogs_090212/20090212/?hub=MontrealHome

For those of you that are not in the loop, there were 9 dogs found, abandoned by a BYB, they wandered in the woods for quite a while, they were in horrible conditions. When they ended up on someone's property, the owner called SPCA. The SPCA reported that the dogs were used for breeding, they had barely or no teeth, they were bruised and infested with parasites. They had badly matted fur, that needed to be shaved off before they could treat the dogs. Out of the nine dogs, only 8 have survived.. :candle::rip: poor puppy.
:sad::sick::sad: When I see that, I get mad..I lose respect for humanity...I lose hope in ever rectifying this. But then I gain even more respect and admiration for people who actually deal with situations like this day in and day out, and do their best and don't despair or give up...
Kudos to you!
Kudos and heartfelt thanks for doing what you do. Thank you for saving those poor souls and for fighting this seemingly hopeless battle. You make me want to be a better person and push myself further. You make me more determined to try my hardest. :pawprint:

Love4himies
February 13th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Thank you for sharing that story, jenniev.

That is why some of us who have seen the horrors from bybs and puppymills are sooooo passionate about not adopting from these people. The parents of these pups are kept in such horrid conditions and buying from them allows it to continue.

:candle: pup, you are now running free :rip:

BenMax
February 13th, 2009, 03:13 PM
There is equal horror in some pounds. Last night we extracted some to be gassed today. They had no hope. Some begged others would look at us and lower their eyes. Dead bodies and carcasses everywhere.

It was very very difficult to leave some behind. Faces I will never ever forget. :cry: this icon is only a comic image of the pain we all witnessed.

In saying this and through sleepless nights I have to say that we saved some, not all but some. I am grateful to be surrounded with wonderful people who take the rescue oath seriously.

Do not give up hope, never give up hope - hope is all we have that lights the pathway to change...and it will come one day.

JennieV
February 13th, 2009, 04:45 PM
BenMax, that is why I feel so sad and discouraged...because i realize that this is a mere glimpse into the reality of what you and people like you deal with every day.
This is just a quick insight into this reality. How many more are out there?? And how can people justify further breeding? While I realize that there are reputable breeders out there, they are by far outnumbered by BYB. :shrug:

Shaykeija
February 14th, 2009, 12:59 AM
No words needed....

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c161/barisaxfrenchie/beautiful/deepsorrow.jpg