Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

now what?...

mr_manycats
August 3rd, 2004, 09:14 AM
hi there peoples...

I have a cat ( one of six in the house ) that is about 2 - 3 years old. The last few days he has been making frequent trips to the litter box ( or so it seems ) and urinating very few drops each time. He has always had very small amounts of urine, it was even a joke around the house, but i dont think this small. He doesnt show any signs of pain while in the box or when i feel around his abdomen ( do cats have abdomens? :confused: ). He's always bathed himself constantly allover, but i think he might be licking his butt more than usual. He seems to be eating normally, i havent noticed drinking yet, and he seems to be himself otherwise, at least from what i've noticed so far. Any ideas? And what changes should i watch for?

sammiec
August 3rd, 2004, 09:21 AM
What have you done for this kitty so far? Have you gone to the vet, or called yet?

Sneaky2006
August 3rd, 2004, 09:24 AM
Sounds like a UTI or some kind of bladder infection which means you should take him to the vet. Males could become totally blocked because of infections/crystals and if he's only going drops of urine it seems like it has already started. I would take him to the vet! Good luck.

GsdDiamond
August 3rd, 2004, 09:48 AM
Definitely take him to the vet! When I was very young I had a cat that died from UTI caused by crystals. The poor boy had terrible pain at the end. I remember him crying as he tried to urinate. It still breaks my heart to remember him in such pain. Even the pain killers we got for him didn't do much at the end. :(

Lucky Rescue
August 3rd, 2004, 09:56 AM
Urinary blockages in male cats are an emergency!! Get him to the vet now!

chico2
August 3rd, 2004, 04:06 PM
Yes,defineltly..he might not be in pain now,but he will be in terrible pain eventually,get it taken care of before it's too late,please.

Donna Marie
August 3rd, 2004, 05:22 PM
That's what our boy, Buster, had. Nothing that a quick visit to the vets and a prescription won't fix.....just make sure you go right away.