Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Leash free parks in Scarborough/Markham, ON?

e-man
August 3rd, 2004, 01:51 AM
Hi there,

Can anyone tell me where I can find some leash free areas in Scarborough or Markham, ON?

I've already checked the Pets.ca Parks listing but it only lists a total of 2 (one each in Scarb. and Markham).

Regarding the listing for Colonel Danforth Park at U of T (Scarb.):

Where exactly is the leash free area? I drove to the park the other day and couldn't find any fenced areas nor could I find any signs. Any help would be appreciated! thanks.

GunnerX
August 3rd, 2004, 07:31 AM
I went to the one in Markham on Sunday and found it it was closed until August 23, 2004 due to installation of new Hydro Lines. If you check Markham.ca, its the only one in Markham right now. You can get there by going on Woodbine and turning east on Miller. The park looks good with ample parking.

Luba
August 3rd, 2004, 01:01 PM
The UofT park is leash free but not fenced

There really is NO good leash free park in Scarborough at all :(

e-man
August 5th, 2004, 01:20 PM
The UofT park is leash free but not fenced

There really is NO good leash free park in Scarborough at all :(

The ENTIRE park is leash-free? Are you sure? I was there and there were signs that said leashes must not be greater than XX feet.

Or is the leash-free area a specific part of the park? If so, where exactly is it?

I went to the Markham park. It is quite large but the ground is very rough (mostly weeds and stuff). If you live in Scarborough, that is a long way to drive.

Has anyone been to the Sunnybrook Park off-leash area? I just read about it the other day...