Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Spay/Neuter Costs and Options

becmonchu
February 11th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Hi There, I was doing my research for spay/neuter costs and called around for some prices. I got quoted some extras and was wondering which would you guys absolutely do for your pets?

I am going to get microchip and the iv fluid as well as pain meds. All in all my cost would be about $285 for the spay.

Here are some prices , please note that the spay/neuter cost differs for dogs/cats and their weight.

I got a quote for a dog 10lbs and under for spay (not laser) and a dog is not in heat
and a dog 30lbs over for neuter with descended testicles

$139 Spay / 149 Neuter

Add Ons:

$44 Microchip
$25 IV Fluid (subneedle)
$59 IV Fluid in vein during surgery
$30 Pain Meds
$69 Prebloodwork (mostly for older dogs, to check organs,etc)

14+kitties
February 11th, 2009, 03:05 PM
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=60522

I do believe you posted in that thread?

Finally Spay Central is open for business

Cats - Males and Females......$50.00

Dogs - Males.....$60.00 - Females.....$80.00

Tel # - 905-898-6112

VACCINATIONS:

Rabies.......................$10.00

Annual vaccines..........$10.00

Michrochipping............$15.00

Vaccines will only be administered to animals at the clinic in conjunction with S/N.

I called the clinic to get an answer to Chico's query - it is NOT mandatory for animals to be upto date with current vaccines.

becmonchu
February 11th, 2009, 07:51 PM
I tried calling but didnt get any return calls and I even emailed as well.
I will keep trying. I started to call around for other options if i cant get an appt at the SPCA in time. I just want to make sure my pup gets spayed before she gets her first heat and she will be 6months very soon!

14+kitties
February 11th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Ok, now I understand. If you go back to the thread Chris stated that she couldn't get through so she emailed them. Their response was that it may take 24 hours to get back to you but they will get back. So maybe give them another try?
Thank you for being so responsible with your pup!:thumbs up