Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Made Another Collar :)

Smiley14
February 10th, 2009, 01:36 AM
I was mostly working from home today while waiting for Jelly to be spayed, but I also ran back over to JoAnn's and Michaels and stocked up on ribbons and nylon and hardware. Couldn't find the right kind of Easter ribbon to make Easter collars like I wanted, but found some ribbon with spring colors that will work to make into Easter collars. Pink and yellow plaid for the girls and yellow for Petey. :) Fun! :) But first I made another practice collar with Petey as my model. This one turned out a little bit better! But my stitches are still crooked, LOL! Ah well, I'm having a blast! :) Michael's had a sale on ribbon so I found all kinds of great deals and awesome ribbons! YAY!

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/smileysteph14/Sewing201st20collar20009.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff58/smileysteph14/Sewing201st20collar20014.jpg

growler~GateKeeper
February 10th, 2009, 02:21 AM
Ohhh! I like that one :D so handsome on Petey :lovestruck:

Stitches look pretty good from here :thumbs up & it doesn't look like Petey care if they're crooked :D

Dracko
February 10th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Oooh, I love plaid!

How many collars do your dogs have now? :p

ancientgirl
February 10th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Hey, I see a possible side business there!

14+kitties
February 10th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Very neat!! They look great to me!! Just look at all the money you are going to save on clothes for the puppers once you get proficient. You can make all their clothes. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
February 10th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Ah, yes....I see the PB&J wardrobe expand to gargantuan proportions! :laughing:

The collar looks great to me! I don't see any crooked stitches, either. And Petey looks marvelous in plaid! :thumbs up Petey looks marvelous in everything! :flirt: Just no girly flowery stuff for the masculine boy, k? :o

angeldogs
February 10th, 2009, 04:56 PM
That collar looks great and sewing looks real straight.

You have been practicing.soon you will be able to sell custom made collars.

Petey looks dashing in that collar.:cloud9:

Dekka
February 10th, 2009, 05:19 PM
That looks lovely!! What kind of sewing machine do you have? I make dog coats and such with mine :D

Luvmypitgirls
February 10th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Crooked stitches? Where? I think it looks fantastic!
If you ever decide to go into business let me know, I'd order two pink plaid and one blue plaid just like Petey's.
Awesome job!:thumbs up

luckypenny
February 10th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Gorgeous collar :thumbs up. I may have a reason to dig out and learn how to use my sewing machine after all :D.

Mat&Murph
February 10th, 2009, 09:29 PM
I really like them!! I think you are doing a great job!!

Dee-O-Gee
February 10th, 2009, 10:18 PM
K... Smiley. I recently dragged out my old sewing machine to re-line my old livingroom drapes! Humph??? I like your idea better :lightbulb:

Excellent work :thumbs up Your lines look great and the tension is spot on!

BTW--Petey looks fabulous sporting his new digs! What a great model:)

Smiley14
February 10th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Oh, you are all so encouraging, thank you so much!!!! I'm so eager to try making more! :)

TeriM
February 11th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Looks great to me :thumbs up.

of course having such a handsome model doesn't hurt either ;).