Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Blaze Golden Treasure!

goldenblaze
August 2nd, 2004, 11:02 PM
Here is Blaze in all his glory!
Blaze is sharing his pool with little half brother Mr Frodo.
Hope you all enjoy!

Princesss04
August 3rd, 2004, 10:07 AM
What cute little babies. When you put them in the pool do you put water in out of the hose or do you mix it with warm water. I bought a baby pool and wanted to try it last night but I was not sure what to put in it. ( I know water but how warm or cold) :D

sammiec
August 3rd, 2004, 10:08 AM
They are absolute cutie pies!! I'm a BIG sucker for goldens!!!! :D

Princess; the best thing is if you can fill the pool up and let it warm up for a bit before they get in.. that's not always the way though :rolleyes: they will jump in freezing cold water and get out, get in get out.... they're hilarious, Golden's just LOVE the water. Any other breed, might be just a little more picky about the temperature....unless it's like 500 degrees out, I can't see that they'd be too picky about the temperature!!! :p

Princesss04
August 3rd, 2004, 11:26 AM
I am going to fill up his pool tonight and let it sit out and than tommrow let him get into it after work. I do not want him to get in the cold water right now because since he was sick the vet said that his body is going to have a hard time fighting off germs till he gets a little stronger (but he is on meds and is doing so much better) so I will let him get in the luke warm water. He is not all that crazy about the bath tub but the first water puddle he can find outside in he goes and than in he goes into the bathtub! You think he would learn but NO! :D

goldenblaze
August 3rd, 2004, 04:25 PM
What cute little babies. When you put them in the pool do you put water in out of the hose or do you mix it with warm water. I bought a baby pool and wanted to try it last night but I was not sure what to put in it. ( I know water but how warm or cold) :D

That is what I do, I do change the water almost everyday, it is from the hose but takes no time to warm up. I never put the dogs in the pool I let them go in on their own. Now I can't keep them out and close to bedtime I must empty it so they are not wet getting in to my bed. I have always had a pool for my dogs and I tell you it is great they love it. Well Jordie my shih tzu only goes in every once and a while
he is not much for water... :)

Luba
August 3rd, 2004, 09:18 PM
Ah thats just beautiful :D

wAggie
August 8th, 2004, 11:38 PM
:D :D

they don't slip n slide in that pool? i wanna get one for my buh-bee's...

an info u can provide would be wonderful (i know the blow up kiddie pools are a no-no) :) :p

goldenblaze
August 10th, 2004, 04:51 PM
:D :D

they don't slip n slide in that pool? i wanna get one for my buh-bee's...

an info u can provide would be wonderful (i know the blow up kiddie pools are a no-no) :) :p

They did not slip on the bottom, it is good to have a hard pool they last for yrs and are easy to clean. I change the water everyday, it is nice to have fresh clean water..never leave it for days. Don't make your dogs go in the pool they will go in when they feel safe to enter.

Have fun with your pool! :)

wAggie
August 10th, 2004, 05:48 PM
awww, great point! thanx for the reminding about letting them go in on their own :D

I'm gonna see if they have any left in the store

(another great reason to change the water is to eliminate/reduce mosquito eggs) :)