Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kearney dogsled race

Gail P
February 9th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Wow, what a weekend I just had at the Kearney race. The weather wasn't very nice, but the race went ahead and we all managed as best we could with a soft trail on Saturday. My friend and webmaster Bill was there and took some pictures. I don't have them on my computer or uploaded but he posted them on my message board just a little while ago, they can be seen here:
http://racingrescues.com/forum/index.php?topic=63.0
In one picture the snow looks really brown. That was unfortunate but it was the best they could do with the conditions, and that was mainly just where the trail ran along the main street. Most of the trail that went through the bush was much cleaner. It was a tough race but a good learning experience. :thumbs up

Chris21711
February 9th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I couldn't find pics from this years race Gail only 2008, obviously I'm not navigating the site properly :rolleyes: How did the deer come out of the clip with you truck, no injuries?

Gail P
February 9th, 2009, 07:49 PM
I couldn't find pics from this years race Gail only 2008, obviously I'm not navigating the site properly :rolleyes: How did the deer come out of the clip with you truck, no injuries?

Did you go to the website or the forum that I linked to above? The website doesn't have any new pictures on it yet, we're discussing possibly changing the format of the photo gallery. The link I provided should take you directly to the Kearney thread (with pics) on my message board.

I'm honestly not sure how the deer made out. When it got hit my truck started swerving around and after I regained control of it and pulled over I was a little further up the road and it was still pitch dark out (early mornings going to these races). The deer wasn't lying on the road so it was still alive but I couldn't see if it was able to run far or just out of sight in the darkness. I felt really bad about it but there was nothing I could do :sad: I hope it wasn't injured too badly.

babymomma
February 9th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I see the post. BUt no pictures :shrug:

Gail P
February 9th, 2009, 08:16 PM
I see the post. BUt no pictures :shrug:

That's odd. No links or anything? They show up for me but I'm a board member and signed in. I wonder if you have to sign up to the board to view them? I'm no web expert that's for sure.

ETA: I think that must be it. I just went and logged out and tried to see them and the pictures didn't show up. I logged back in and there they were. He must have it set up that way as a security feature or something.

growler~GateKeeper
February 10th, 2009, 12:59 AM
I found the pics from last years races posted on the web site, maybe this year's will be viewable later :shrug:

Oh and I love the snowflakes falling down the screen on the forum :D

Gail P
February 10th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I found the pics from last years races posted on the web site, maybe this year's will be viewable later :shrug:

Oh and I love the snowflakes falling down the screen on the forum :D

I think all the pictures on the actual website are fine, it's the new ones on the forum that Bill posted that seem to be the problem. The ones I've posted on previous threads showed up I think, but I already had them uploaded to my photobucket album (which is open for public viewing) so maybe that's the difference. He may have uploaded them directly to the forum. I'll have to ask him and get it sorted out. He's one of my webmasters and we're supposed to be going over some stuff anyhow this week. I'll talk to him later when they're up (not morning people, they do a lot of their web work late at night). I'll have to ask if somehow the forum has been set up with a security measure that prevents non-members from viewing the photos if they've been directly uploaded there. :shrug: It may have been done on purpose or it may be some kind of oversight or something.

The snowflakes are neat aren't they? :thumbs up They don't fall if I'm using Mozilla but if I use Internet Explorer they fall.

Gail P
February 10th, 2009, 12:13 PM
The problem with the photos was in the set up, it just needed to have a box checked to allow guests to view attachments. Everyone should now be able to see the pictures. :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
February 11th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Great pics, love the 3rd one Rain & Lightning in perfect synch :thumbs up

TeriM
February 11th, 2009, 12:16 AM
Wow, that looks like lots of fun :thumbs up. Great pictures :).

Gail P
February 11th, 2009, 12:44 AM
It is so much fun, though can also be very challenging at times. It's neat to see the pictures of them in perfect synch, when I was going over pictures with my webmasters we found that there was one with Rain and Lightning in synch, and another with Thunder and Storm in synch.
Just got the photo page on the site updated, more pictures are now available here:
http://www.racingrescues.com/photos2.htm and race results will be posted soon too.

growler~GateKeeper
February 11th, 2009, 01:29 AM
More great pics :D Must be so much fun :cloud9: after all the hardwork of course :D