-->

Guess who??

happycats
February 7th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Guess who?

onster
February 7th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Why its the cutest cutie mcpie ive seen in a long time! :D hehehe

seriously he is sooo cute. I love the whole fringe he's got going. Your dog brings back a lot of happy memories from my childhood (my moms uncle had a english sheepdog, rambo)

He just looks so happy too :cloud9::lovestruck:

happycats
February 7th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Buddy.............nope!!
This was Trixie, she was my childhood dog (sheepdog/BC mix) the resemblance is amazing!!
this is Buddy :)

Chris21711
February 7th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Buddy is adorable Happycats, I remember when you got him :cloud9:

The pics of your childhood companion are they snaps from photos that you had?

onster
February 7th, 2009, 05:45 PM
oh oops :o I just thought they were bad quality recent pics :o whoops lol

but that does confirm that there is a strong resemblance.

Is buddy pure sheepdog? Rambo was a sheepdog :lovestruck::rip:

happycats
February 7th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Buddy is adorable Happycats, I remember when you got him :cloud9:

The pics of your childhood companion are they snaps from photos that you had?

Thank you so much :) Yes I took digi pictures of my old pictures of Trixie.

Buddy is doing amazing, he still has a bit of SA, his porblem is when we leave he steals things and hides it in his bed, our bed, the sofa and loveseat :confused:

So far the things Buddy has stole and hid; whole cans of dog food, a 4L jug of veggie oil, about 10 pounds of butter, bottle of cod liver oil, boots, shoes, a whole box of dog cookies.....hid each and every one seperately.
My son just loves coming home and going on a "things that Buddy hid" hunt:rolleyes: he thinks it's so funny.....he really laughed at the jug of oil.

happycats
February 7th, 2009, 05:54 PM
oh oops :o I just thought they were bad quality recent pics :o whoops lol

but that does confirm that there is a strong resemblance.

Is buddy pure sheepdog? Rambo was a sheepdog :lovestruck::rip:

LOL it's hard to get nice pics of pics!

I'm not sure of Buddy's lineage, but I was originaly told he was a Sheepdog mix, but some say they see Bouvier in him, and his vet says he looks like a bearded collie, which is funny because a lady at an outdoor fleamarket swore he was pure bearded collie, she insisted he was, she told me she owned a few and Buddy was a pure one for sure :shrug:.
I don't believe it though, I think he's a mix of some sort, just not sure what.....It doesn't matter because we love him no matter what he is :lovestruck:

Love4himies
February 7th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Wow, when I saw your first pics, I thought it was Buddy.

Poor Buddy, he had such a horrible start to his life, I don't blame him for having SA or hiding things.

Chris21711
February 7th, 2009, 06:02 PM
He does look pretty Bearded Collie'ish, he could be purebred, whatever he is or not, he is one handsome dude :lovestruck:

That first pic of Buddy seems like he is saying "look at me, I'm such a good boy".

Too funny his stealing habits, Shirley1011 posted pics the other day of one of her Elkhounds who is a little thief too, 'cept he takes them outside through the doggie flap :laughing:

happycats
February 7th, 2009, 06:08 PM
He does look pretty Bearded Collie'ish, he could be purebred, whatever he is or not, he is one handsome dude :lovestruck:

That first pic of Buddy seems like he is saying "look at me, I'm such a good boy".

Too funny his stealing habits, Shirley1011 posted pics the other day of one of her Elkhounds who is a little thief too, 'cept he takes them outside through the doggie flap :laughing:

LOL Buddy does try to take some of his "finds" outside when we com home, to bury them.

His fur goes curly when wet, that's why I don't think he bearded collie .

14+kitties
February 7th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Buddy is a sweetie. :cloud9: When I saw the pics of Trixie I thought Wow, Buddy grew!!! BIG!! He is so cute it doesn't matter what he is except adorable!

happycats
February 7th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Wow, when I saw your first pics, I thought it was Buddy.

Poor Buddy, he had such a horrible start to his life, I don't blame him for having SA or hiding things.

yes he had a terrible start, and he was starved, so I can understand why hides food, probably thinks we aren't coming back, so is stashing food so he doesn't starve again.

I remember your so very generous offer to meet at your place when we picked Buddy up.....I wish we would have, it would have been great to meet you !! And you would have loved Buddy :)

happycats
February 7th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Buddy is a sweetie. :cloud9: When I saw the pics of Trixie I thought Wow, Buddy grew!!! BIG!! He is so cute it doesn't matter what he is except adorable!

Thank you! Actually Buddy is about 60lbs and Trixie was about 65-70lbs, so they were pretty close in size too.

Frenchy
February 7th, 2009, 06:24 PM
So far the things Buddy has stole and hid; whole cans of dog food, a 4L jug of veggie oil, about 10 pounds of butter, bottle of cod liver oil, boots, shoes, a whole box of dog cookies....

:laughing: and he doesn't destroy them ? Wow , too cute !

Trixie looked like a sweetie :lovestruck: and so does Buddy , I like his haircut , we can see his eyes :thumbs up and he looks goooood !!

Chris21711
February 7th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Happycats I remember you getting Buddy, is he the dog that L4H and her DH found along the highway?

happycats
February 7th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Happycats I remember you getting Buddy, is he the dog that L4H and her DH found along the highway?

No he was rescued from a farm in Quebec, he was about to be shot :cry:

happycats
February 7th, 2009, 06:51 PM
:laughing: and he doesn't destroy them ? Wow , too cute !

Trixie looked like a sweetie :lovestruck: and so does Buddy , I like his haircut , we can see his eyes :thumbs up and he looks goooood !!

I replied to this, but it dissappeared :shrug:

No he hasn't destroyed to much, except for a few of my sons toys, but then we don't ever leave him for to long....I don't know if he would destroy more if he was alone longer!

Chris21711
February 7th, 2009, 06:54 PM
No he was rescued from a farm in Quebec, he was about to be shot :cry:

OMG Happycats that is so, so sad. He is now in Heaven living with your family, I know you love him like no other :cloud9:

happycats
February 7th, 2009, 07:07 PM
OMG Happycats that is so, so sad. He is now in Heaven living with your family, I know you love him like no other :cloud9:

We adore him! He has been a wonderful addition to our family, and fit in like he has been here forever.
My son just loves him, spends so much time goofing around with him, and Buddy is so gentle and patient with him.

We wanted to see if our son was like us (a pet is for life) so we asked him if he would trade Buddy for $100.00, he said no way.then we asked him if he would trade Buddy for Wii (he REALLY wanted Wii) he said no way, he wouldn't even trade Buddy for a million dollars!! Thank dog!! :)

happycats
February 7th, 2009, 07:11 PM
And to think, it was my co-worker who wanted him, she was going to adopt him, and I was helping her make arrangements to pick him up.
At the last minute her dog had a medical emergency, so she changed her mind......imagine that!.......I can't imagine not having him!! I guess everything does happens for a reason.

Her dog is okay now :)

Frenchy
February 7th, 2009, 07:23 PM
he wouldn't even trade Buddy for a million dollars!! Thank dog!! :)
that's so sweet ! :thumbs up
And to think, it was my co-worker who wanted him, she was going to adopt him, and I was helping her make arrangements to pick him up.
At the last minute her dog had a medical emergency, so she changed her mind......imagine that!.......I can't imagine not having him!! I guess everything does happens for a reason.

Her dog is okay now :)

It was faith happycats !!!

happycats
February 7th, 2009, 07:44 PM
that's so sweet ! :thumbs up

It was faith happycats !!!

Yes I believe that too! I did fall in love with him when I saw his pic, that's why I showed it to my co-worker, who also fell in love with that sweet mug :lovestruck: I am so happy things turned out the way they did!!

Ford Girl
February 7th, 2009, 10:23 PM
We dont see nearly enough of Buddy!!! :lovestruck::sad: I want more pics!! :yell:

rainbow
February 8th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Buddy's face looks Bearded Collie to me but his feet and legs are more like a Sheepdog. :shrug:

Irregardless, he is just soooo cute. :lovestruck:

That's too funny how he steals things and hides them :laughing: ....especially a 4L jug of veggie oil. :eek: And, what a good boy for not destroying anything. :angel:

Logan will take things that the cats knock off the counter or our dresser or else socks that get left on the floor and then guard them until mommy comes and picks them up. :rolleyes: And, he never tries to chew on any of the stuff either. :shrug:

clm
February 8th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Both dogs look a lot alike. Great that you found that pick of your childhood dog.
They both look like beardies to me. Bouncy beardies. :laughing:
No matter what he is, Buddy is adorable. Wonderful how fate has brought you together.

Cindy

angeldogs
February 8th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Trixie was a beautiful dog.i thought you let Buddy's fur grow over his eyes in the first pics till you said Trixie.

Buddy is as cute as ever.that is great that he found a life time friend in your son.:thumbs up

chico2
February 8th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Happycats,I have pics that look like that,Trixie was beautiful!!
It's strange the way things happen,I do believe in fate and Buddys fate was to be happy and loved by you,after all his earlier hardship.
He's an absolute sweetheart:lovestruck:

happycats
February 8th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Awww than you so much for the kind words everyone!! :grouphug:

and you asked for it :D

the first picture is "Best Buds"
the next Buddy singing! Yup he loves to sing!
the last......how can you resist that sweet sad looking mug? As you can guess, he gets away with murder :)

angeldogs
February 8th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Awwwww too cute.they are both smiling in the first pic.

happycats
February 8th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Awwwww too cute.they are both smiling in the first pic.

They adore eachother! Since my son is an only child, this is the next best thing to a brother :). It's so heart warming watching them play, Buddy does silly things to make our son laugh, and laugh he does, a big loud belly laugh!:lovestruck: Buddy's tail wagging all the while.

It's funny, because my son and Buddy have this "trick", my son shouts out "drum roll please" and points at Buddy, who right on que starts vigerously wagging his tail, and on our laminant floors, sound just like a drum! :D

angeldogs
February 8th, 2009, 07:31 PM
They adore eachother! Since my son is an only child, this is the next best thing to a brother :). It's so heart warming watching them play, Buddy does silly things to make our son laugh, and laugh he does, a big loud belly laugh!:lovestruck: Buddy's tail wagging all the while.

It's funny, because my son and Buddy have this "trick", my son shouts out "drum roll please" and points at Buddy, who right on que starts vigerously wagging his tail, and on our laminant floors, sound just like a drum! :D

We need a video of them doing there thing.does sound funny.