Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Transportation In Our New Town

luckypenny
February 7th, 2009, 02:34 PM
If it's not skidoos during a snowstorm, it's horses pulling sleighs :D.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/luckypenny_02_2007/Outabouttown.jpg

The other day as I was driving along the main street, there was a horse tied up outside the local pizzaria :laughing:.

This place is so full of pleasant surprises...I just love it here :cloud9:.

hazelrunpack
February 7th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Ooooo....that's a cool sleigh!! :cloud9:

Frenchy
February 7th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Pretty cool ! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
February 7th, 2009, 03:56 PM
I'll never forget the day the neighbor showed up on mule-back. :o It sorta surprised the city-girl in me! :laughing:

Love4himies
February 7th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Ever cool, that is one way to beat the high cost of fuel :thumbs up.

clm
February 7th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Actually I think it's a lot cheaper to keep a car than a horse or a mule, but not nearly as rewarding. Looks like you've found a wonderful place to live.

Cindy

Love4himies
February 7th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Actually I think it's a lot cheaper to keep a car than a horse or a mule, but not nearly as rewarding. Looks like you've found a wonderful place to live.

Cindy

:laughing: could be, I have never had a horse.

Dog Dancer
February 7th, 2009, 07:10 PM
A few years ago in Richmond (BC) I was behind a horse at the McD drive-thru. I was really hoping he wouldn't leave a McPatty on the hood of my car! That's such a great pic Luckypenny, I could totally get into that myself.

Frenchy
February 7th, 2009, 07:30 PM
I was really hoping he wouldn't leave a McPatty on the hood of my car!

:laughing:

Hey LP , next time you see this guy , ask him if he would do the commute between your place and Brossard :goodvibes: I could leave my car at your house in the morning and hop in the sleigh to Brossard :lightbulb: :cloud9: I might get to work a bit late though.

14+kitties
February 7th, 2009, 07:37 PM
There were lots of Minnonites where I lived for most of my life. I am used to seeing the horses tied to posts at stores. In fact, a few of the stores still have spots specifically for the horses and buggys. When I went to visit Mom I took back roads. I could be guaranteed to see at least 2 or 3 horse and buggys along the way. They were the closed in kind though. Love the one in the pic!

luckypenny
February 7th, 2009, 09:55 PM

Hey LP , next time you see this guy , ask him if he would do the commute between your place and Brossard :goodvibes: I could leave my car at your house in the morning and hop in the sleigh to Brossard :lightbulb: :cloud9: I might get to work a bit late though.

Funny you should say that...I was thinking of asking the guy to take Tayler to the bus stop in the mornings :laughing:.

It's so weird, we're less than 20 minutes away from our old home, 35 minutes away from Montreal (if there's no traffic) and, although I knew of this town, I never knew how lovely it was :shrug:. There are so many horse stables and equestrian schools nearby. I'm hoping to take Sandman to one around the corner this Spring and get him interested in riding :goodvibes:.

rainbow
February 8th, 2009, 12:18 AM
That is sooo cool :cloud9: but I am also surprised to see it where the houses are so close together. :D

rainbow
February 8th, 2009, 12:21 AM

Funny you should say that...I was thinking of asking the guy to take Tayler to the bus stop in the mornings :laughing:.

Is this guy good looking and Frenchy's age? :D :fingerscr

It's so weird, we're less than 20 minutes away from our old home, 35 minutes away from Montreal (if there's no traffic) and, although I knew of this town, I never knew how lovely it was :shrug:. There are so many horse stables and equestrian schools nearby. I'm hoping to take Sandman to one around the corner this Spring and get him interested in riding :goodvibes:.

I'm sure Sandman will love it. :cloud9: :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
February 8th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Sounds like a wonderful town LP :cloud9: great looking horse & sleigh

A few years ago in Richmond (BC) I was behind a horse at the McD drive-thru. I was really hoping he wouldn't leave a McPatty on the hood of my car!

:laughing: that would be too cool to see :laughing: not the McPatty on the hood - but it sure would be funny though :laugh:

angeldogs
February 8th, 2009, 07:50 AM
There were lots of Minnonites where I lived for most of my life. I am used to seeing the horses tied to posts at stores. In fact, a few of the stores still have spots specifically for the horses and buggys. When I went to visit Mom I took back roads. I could be guaranteed to see at least 2 or 3 horse and buggys along the way. They were the closed in kind though. Love the one in the pic!

Same here never seen one pulling a sleigh so that would be kind of neat to see.or getting a ride in it.