Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

5 Random Facts, just for fun

onster
February 7th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Some of you may have seen the 25 Random facts floating around FB, so just for fun how about 5 random facts for pets.ca (or more if you like!).

5 Random Facts

1. I can’t handle dessert that jiggles or is mushy; it makes me want to gag. This includes jello, mouse, puddings, cream caramel and even the cream cheese part of cheese cake, sorry frenchy!!

2. I hate confrontations. I usually think of something good to say “Oh yeah well blab bla bla” several hours later.

3. My family is my everything. In fact, the only time you can get me to actually confront you is if you dare say one word about my family. I had a crush on a guy for 2-3 yrs, he was probably going to be my first bf (my bro knew him and predicted this given that he told him he liked me too). One day when I was trying to quiet down the class in study period ( i was class prefect) he told me he would start crying like my lil bro. Lil bro was crying at the gate of the school that morning because his glasses broke. Crush boy began to mimic his crying and I lost it - screamed at him to get out of class where he was later found by the principal and got a detention. You could hear a pin drop. In 3 years of being class prefect that was the only time I got someone in trouble - my moto was as long as its quiet enough for those who want to get work done to actually do it then you can do what you like! When I left for Canada he took half an hour to sign my yearbook, deep in though, among other things he wrote "I dont understand what happened to our relationship. It was great but then after grade 8 something happened." :rolleyes: hahaha middleschool drama eh?

4. Halfway thru typing number 3 I skyped with my lil brother and he informed he now has a hidden kitten in his hotel room. I’m now in overdrive thinking what he can do with it if mobro (whose in Italy now) doesn’t want it on his return. Its super cute and friendly but apparently blind in one eye. Mobro travels too much to have a kitten and big Bro B has a cat that hates all others. :yell: Spare (rescue) is 6-7 hours away.

5. Im kinda too distracted by the kitten to finish this list, lol.

** Ok so I figured I couldnt get away with #5*

(or more)…
6. I love to cook and am pretty darn good at it if I say so myself :D lol oh and just cuz this goes along the same lines…I’m probably the worst housekeeper known to man. I just hate cleaning.

7. I worry how I will one day balance a career, marriage and kids. My mom is a stay at home and I cant imagine not being there for my kids all the time just as she was. At the same time I’d go bonkers staying at home.

hazelrunpack
February 7th, 2009, 02:30 PM
1. hazel haz hareballz on her furniture

2. hazel haz hareballz under her fridge

3. madame hazel is a maniacal photo-snapper, so hazel'z camera is the one thing in the house that doesn't have any hareballz living on or under it.

4. hazel should probably go vacuum up hareballz, but it's Saturday, so she refuzes

5. Although it's a dirty job, someone has to do it...so we volunteer to eat all of onster's jiggly desserts :angel:

krdahmer
February 7th, 2009, 03:32 PM
1. I'm joining Mme. Hazel in the eating of onsters wasted deserts! http://bestsmileys.com/drooling/3.gif
2. I only vacuumed two days ago and am already watching dust balls roll down the hallway.:frustrated::rolleyes:
3. I love cats. Period. All cats. My cats, your cats, fat cats, skinny cats, old cats, kitteny cats, all colours, all personalities.:lovestruck::cloud9:
4. I'm affraid to get a dog, hubby wants one and has since the day we married and I've been staving him off with 'we can't afford a dog' all the while taking in more cats. I'm a little scared because I have never had a dog... although I think all dogs are also very cute and love them all too. (especially all of yours!!! :lovestruck:)
5. I love my husband and family (and I'm with onster on this one, you really want to tick me off, just insult anyone in my family), and have few friends, my job is ok, my health is well, not great (my own fault).... and I am reconsidering having children because I think hubby and I are too selfish for kids. :shrug:

There now you know too much. And I will have to keeeel you. :evil::laughing:

hazelrunpack
February 7th, 2009, 03:41 PM
There now you know too much. And I will have to keeeel you. :evil::laughing:

:laughing:

Frenchy
February 7th, 2009, 03:59 PM
The only things I can come up with are .....

1. I'm afraid of dying too young. I wanna live until I'm at least ,125 yr old :laughing:

2. I don't believe I will ever fall in love with someone. I have many male friends , but that's it. Friends. :shrug: I just don't want to have someone to be the center of my world. :shrug:

3. I'm weird :p

hazelrunpack
February 7th, 2009, 04:02 PM
No, Frenchy--you got #2 backwards! You find someone who makes you the center of their world! :thumbs up :D

Frenchy
February 7th, 2009, 04:11 PM
No, Frenchy--you got #2 backwards! You find someone who makes you the center of their world! :thumbs up :D

That could work :laughing:

onster
February 7th, 2009, 04:15 PM
lol yay thanks for posting guys :D

hahaha kr and hazel you can have my jiggley desserts :yuck::yuck: give me the heebie jeebies!!!

frenchy wow, 125!!! :eek:

There now you know too much. And I will have to keeeel you

:laughing::laughing:

Im totally with ure 4 Kr, even tho id love a dog in the future i dont know if i ever will get one. Im so scared ill screw it up and it'll have some crazy behaviour problem caused by me and then nobody will want it and I wont be able to handle it :yell::sad:. Cats are so much easier :shrug: and whenever theres something up with them behaviourly you can usually blame it on their mama :laughing: mama didnt teach it to use the litter box :frustrated: littermates didnt teach it bite inhibition :frustrated: mama dropped bunduk on his head :laugh:

hazelrunpack
February 7th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Get an English Setter, onster. Then hazel will be your backup! :laughing: :p

krdahmer
February 7th, 2009, 04:19 PM
:laughing: Oh and Onster I almost forgot, I'll trade you for your jiggly deserts... you can have anything that comes my way with sneaky raisins baked in it!!! :yuck: It's like finding rat terds in your desert!! :yuck::laughing:

onster
February 7th, 2009, 04:22 PM
ok so

8. Dog drool gives me the heebie jeebies too :p

lol how drooly are setters hazel?

LOL u literally made me LOL there krdhamer..dont think ill ever look at a rasin the same way again :yuck: Actually Im not the biggest fan of raisins in sweet food, but I like fried raisins in savoury food, like with rice and nuts. It aint healthy but its yummy :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
February 7th, 2009, 04:25 PM
hazel loves raisins! More desserts for hazel!!!! http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/6.gif

Oh, and about the drooling, onster...well...:o See that smiley up there... Sorta like that...

So I guess setters are out, eh? :laughing:

onster
February 7th, 2009, 04:27 PM
so you wont back me up if i get a papillion or somehting of that sort? :pray::angel::D

hazelrunpack
February 7th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Nope...I'm pretty sure hubby will insist upon a bigger dog :sad: Unless maybe you get a beagle. hubby's second dog was a beagle so he's partial to them. :D

chico2
February 7th, 2009, 04:45 PM
You girls are all sooo funny.
5 facts about me..
1,I HATE cooking,been cooking for umpteen yrs,but am a good cook.
2.Love creme-brylee(sp?) it jiggles:laughing:
3.Love springtime,my favorite season,when my garden comes to life,birds squirrels and everything but me are having babies:laughing:
4,HATE shopping,hubby is doing it now:laughing:
5.Love All animals,be they a little bug or a big horse,four-legged,winged,even 8 legged crawlies,but most of all my own kitties and Bailey of course.

onster
February 7th, 2009, 04:45 PM
but yet hubby will accept a setter that has been completely messed up by yours truley?? :crazy::crazy: :laughing: he really does love setters :p

hmmm a beagel eh? what about a doggie like meg's romeo? hes kinda like medium?? :D

onster
February 7th, 2009, 04:49 PM
oh yay, u joined in chico :D i saw you checking out the trhead and was hoping you would :highfive:

creme brule eh? yep its definately a jiggler :yuck::laughing:

so does hubby love shopping or does he just hate it less than you? :crazy: (btw I kinda hate shopping too...unless its for kithen gizmos and gadgets!! i loooooooove kithen gadgets. Oooh oooh and the art store, i love looking at the cool crafty things..but clothes :yuck:)

Love4himies
February 7th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Hmmmmmm, can I think of 5 random facts about me? I'll take any jiggly deserts you don't want, Onster :D

1. Once a career was important to me, now I would rather have my free time and less money. (Onster there is lots of time for a career, take the short time your children are young and cherish them by giving them your time, you will never regret it).

2. I would rather do outdoor activities than indoor. My backyard is my TV.

3. I prefer the "au natural" look, putting on make-up and accessories cuts into my leisure time :laughing:

4. Love tomatoes, anything tomato based and of course that includes ketchup.

5. Would love to travel the world and talk to people from different countries.

Chris21711
February 7th, 2009, 05:37 PM
First off I don't like anything that jiggles on my plate :yuck:

Don't like Drool....bad choice of dogs, we have two Basset hounds :rolleyes:

I do not wish to live to be a little old lady with short grey permed hair with a blue rinse :D

Random facts:

1. I dislike SMUG people immensely.

2. I dislike RUDE people immensely.

3. Decided a long time ago, life is too short, money isn't everything, hence I am poor.

4. I care royally about animals, I wish I could be surrounded by zillions on a daily basis.

5. I am a big procrastinator, but a tidy one

babymomma
February 7th, 2009, 06:09 PM
1. I hate people who are stuck up. Or those that are very sweet but try to hide it because they dont think their cool enough when they show their true selves. (Oh yea, Im talking about a guy:rolleyes:)

2. I HATE puppy breath, it makes me sick.

3. I too am afraid of confrontation. Even to the point where i HATE answering the phone.

4.I am a hopeless romantic. I love movies with a forbidden love in it (Like twilight) because forbidden love is more romantic then the regular kind. lol... Call me naive, but i want to find love like the people in movies do...

5. I want to move to Greece as soon as I Graduate. And i wanna find a little place on a small island, right next to the beautiful water.

14+kitties
February 7th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Onster - don't worry too much about your future. It will work out. You are a strong woman in many ways. I feel good things for you. When my children were babies I stayed at home with them. I wanted them raised with my/our values. I guess I am old fashioned that way. My solution to a much needed second income ..... an in home child care. I did that for 17 years; helped raised a whack of kids (between 8 to 12 kids at all times); and loved it. I am sure you will find your balance when the time comes.

Hazel - you are too funny!!

kr - I don't think you are too selfish for kids. You are a too sweet to be selfish.

Frenchy - don't change one little bit! We love you the way you are.

Chico - the only thing that surprised me is you don't like shopping. :shrug: You talk about Costco so I thought you liked going there.

L4H - Travel round the world .. who looks after kitties? I can't see you without kitties.

Chris - :thumbs up I knew it!

babymomma - You HATE puppy breath? :eek:

want4rain
February 7th, 2009, 06:54 PM
im one of those dorks who actually thought up 25 things. it took me 3 hours and the help of my hubby. -sheepish-

but since i worked so hard on it... here it is!

1. My feet are my prettiest body part.

2. I like baking.

3. I crochet. I'm a snob. I use almost exclusively natural fibers.

4. I enjoy fishkeeping.

5. But only recently ate sushi for the first time.

6. I refuse to eat creatures as intelligent or more so than a dog. That includes octopi.

7. Contrary (I suppose) to popular trends, I like MILK chocolate. Dark chocolate too but mostly milk.

8. There are 64 Dave Matthews Band songs on my laptop. All are live. I am still missing one album due to it crashing.

9. I play Animal Crossing Wide World. Do you? I have apples and pears..... send me fruit.

10. It better be a girl.

11. I love post cards. Please??

12. I obsessively count pairs of things.

13. My waist is 39 inches.

14. Lemon desserts are the best!

15. I feed my dog raw meat as a part of his homemade diet. Cats too!

16. I have a container fetish. Boxes, bowls, tiny containers of any sort.

17. The words I use with the most frequency are 'No!' and 'Time' and 'Out'

18. I dont tan, I get more freckles.

19. My favorite song to hum is The Last Emperor by David Byrne

20. I will actually get out of the car to confront people who play loud bass music.

21. I sneeze on people. Beware.

22. I'm thinking of making the change to all white linens. Towels, bathroom rugs, wash cloths, dish cloths, etc.

23. I use to drive a '73 VW Beetle. It boomed!!

24. I know 27 ways to disable someone with a hand held 2 way radio and clip board. (Ok so maybe not...)

25. I feel blinkers are the first and foremost safety feature on your car. USE THEM!

babymomma
February 7th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Yes 14+ I hate puppy breath. Puppy breath is supposed to make you sick. Or so i hae been told.

My teacher (who is also obssesed with animals) Told me that wolf puppies and puppy puppies, use puppy breath to get their moms to throw up. Because if mama wolf comes home with a stomache full of meat, they want some. Dont know if thats true or not. BUt I can believe it, as i get sick to my stomache when i smell it.

Hasnt any of you felt a little queezy in the littlest way after smelling puppy breath? Although it is still intoxicating in its own gross way/.

babymomma
February 7th, 2009, 07:02 PM
6. I want to grow up way too fast. I cannot wait to move to greece, in 2 years time. I wanna back pack trough europe, which alot of people see as overrated.But i wanna do it so bad.

14+kitties
February 7th, 2009, 07:05 PM
[QUOTE=want4rain;744723]im one of those dorks who actually thought up 25 things. it took me 3 hours and the help of my hubby. -sheepish-

Oh, I have some you would LOVE!! But I won't give them up. They are from the early 1900's. Ones that my grandmother's beaus wrote to her. They are amazing!! I think I have somewhere around 20 to 25 of them.

Dog Dancer
February 7th, 2009, 07:07 PM
I guess I better play in this one too since I started the "you may have a dog/cat" thread and everyone jumped in. Fair is fair right!

1. I love dogs, the bigger the better
2. I can fall on my butt from slipping in dog drool and still laugh about it (I love Hazels drooly smilie)
3. I am a beekeeper, but secretly they kinda scare the bijiminies out of me - which may be why I keep doing it.
4. My hubby and my son and my furbabies mean everything to me. Don't mess with them.
5. I've had my job for 25 years now and I still enjoy it (most days).
6. I secretly yearn to have a couple more kitties.

Love4himies
February 7th, 2009, 07:14 PM
L4H - Travel round the world .. who looks after kitties? I can't see you without kitties.

:laughing: My daughter would love to move into our home while we are away.

want4rain
February 7th, 2009, 07:15 PM
[QUOTE=want4rain;744723]im one of those dorks who actually thought up 25 things. it took me 3 hours and the help of my hubby. -sheepish-

Oh, I have some you would LOVE!! But I won't give them up. They are from the early 1900's. Ones that my grandmother's beaus wrote to her. They are amazing!! I think I have somewhere around 20 to 25 of them.

-blinks- thanks.

-miffed- i was only talking about ones friends, family, travelers send me but you know what?? postcards from the days where they were a main staple of life... oh gosh...

that sounds lovely....

if you ever get some free time without anything else in the world to do (haha right?!) woudl you mind scanning them in?? :cloud9:

-ashley

Frenchy
February 7th, 2009, 07:20 PM
1. I love dogs, the bigger the better
2. I can fall on my butt from slipping in dog drool and still laugh about it

:thumbs up

14+kitties
February 7th, 2009, 07:20 PM
[QUOTE=14+kitties;744734]

-blinks- thanks.

-miffed- i was only talking about ones friends, family, travelers send me but you know what?? postcards from the days where they were a main staple of life... oh gosh...

that sounds lovely....

if you ever get some free time without anything else in the world to do (haha right?!) woudl you mind scanning them in?? :cloud9:

-ashley

I would love to scan them in soon. But I have to get a new scanner. Mine gave up the ghost a while back and I haven't replaced it yet. I was thinking about trying to take some pics of some of them. Then I will put them on. They really were the staple back then. People didn't have time to really write letters a lot. They were too busy surviving. I also have a button from my grandmother's uniform from when she worked at a railway station. Also in the 1900's. I treasure them.

onster
February 7th, 2009, 07:43 PM
L4H Your 3,4, 5 could be my 8,9, 10 :D and thanks for the advice, for sure I plan to stay at home when my kids are young..but then I think itll be too hard for me to go back to work :o

BM greece sounds wonderful - its one of the destinations I want to go to as well. Nothing wrong with beinga hopeless romantic either :lovestruck:

14+ Thank you so much for the vote of confidence :grouphug:

W4R awwwww i hope its a girl too :D lol. Also woman, why didnt I know #11 before???? Alright, your getting a postcard from me from Egypt next time I go and whatever city I go to in transit as well (rome/amsterdam/france/milan/london...depending on my flight) :thumbs up and you are not a dork! that was a pretty cool list to read.

Dogdancer wow! a beekeeper huh? thats so cool!! mmmm u have your own natural honey then? :cloud9: and ure #2 made me LOL :laughing::D

hazelrunpack
February 7th, 2009, 07:53 PM
hmmm a beagel eh? what about a doggie like meg's romeo? hes kinda like medium?? :D

Ummmm...I think Romeo is a kitteh :cool: Were you thinking of Barkley, perhaps? :D Yes, a springer would be okay...we used to have a springer :thumbs up She was cool!

Yes 14+ I hate puppy breath. Puppy breath is supposed to make you sick. Or so i hae been told.

My teacher (who is also obssesed with animals) Told me that wolf puppies and puppy puppies, use puppy breath to get their moms to throw up. Because if mama wolf comes home with a stomache full of meat, they want some. Dont know if thats true or not. BUt I can believe it, as i get sick to my stomache when i smell it.

Hasnt any of you felt a little queezy in the littlest way after smelling puppy breath? Although it is still intoxicating in its own gross way/.

Nope...puppies make the adults regurgitate food by licking the adult dogs' mouths, not because their breath is stinky! :D Puppy breath doesn't make you sick--it's one of the primo scents in the known universe :cloud9: It's never made hazel queasy.

However, ingested poop thrown up on my carpet has been known to have me gaggin'...and hoppin' mad! :yuck: :mad:

:o I guess I should label that last statement #6. :laughing:

onster
February 7th, 2009, 07:56 PM
8. Sometimes I feel torn between East and West. I have old fashioned values and am quite conservative and I dont find many my age here that think the same way :shrug:.

9. I remember numbers. I still know the number of our first home in the UAE, my dads cellphone there (we moved from that house 14 yrs ago!). I also know mobro's 6-7 numbers he had throughout his college years in toronto (different housing) and all our relatives. Its kinda weird but kinda cool.

10. I'm the girl thats always sitting on the side at parties, with 2/3 people around here having a good chat all night. I like having meaningful conversations with a few people rather than mingle with everybody.

11. I'm a huge sap. I will bawl my eyes out watching disney movies when sad things happen (eg mufassa dies in lion king).

12. When people first get to know me I'm super quiet - it takes me a while to warm up to people but then im super talkative :o

13. Case in point: my first report card in KG said "Onster is very shy and needs to try to communicate more with her peers." 2nd report card "Onster talks to much with her friends and needs to focus on her work" :laughing::laughing:

Ill add more the more people participate :D

onster
February 7th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Ummmm...I think Romeo is a kitteh :cool: Were you thinking of Barkley, perhaps? :D Yes, a springer would be okay...we used to have a springer :thumbs up She was cool!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

14. Im too young to have alzheimers but I sure do have the symptoms somtimes :laughing::crazy:

K so a springer it is :D

babymomma
February 7th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Nope...puppies make the adults regurgitate food by licking the adult dogs' mouths, not because their breath is stinky! :D Puppy breath doesn't make you sick--it's one of the primo scents in the known universe :cloud9: It's never made hazel queasy.

However, ingested poop thrown up on my carpet has been known to have me gaggin'...and hoppin' mad! :yuck: :mad:

:o I guess I should label that last statement #6. :laughing:

AHH yes. That is what my teacher said, it was 2 years ago. Jessica got the info mixed up.

Now i just have to except the fact that im weird. :O At least before i had an excuse.

babymomma
February 7th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Onster, I can relate to your numbers 11 and 13..lol

onster
February 7th, 2009, 08:03 PM
First off I don't like anything that jiggles on my plate :yuck:

right on :D

2. I dislike RUDE people immensely.

me too!!

5. I am a big procrastinator, but a tidy one

lol im a big procrastinator too, just very messy much to my mother's dismay.

want4rain
February 7th, 2009, 08:09 PM
my kids are the ones who get the post cards really. :) i have several friends who do traveling for work and Cailyn has -loved- getting cards from them!! you know what?! we dont have any cards from Canada!!!

having to think of 25 different things really made me have to come up with stuff i dont think about often. its been pretty interesting to see what some of my friends have come up with.

Onster!!!

10. I'm the girl thats always sitting on the side at parties, with 2/3 people around here having a good chat all night. I like having meaningful conversations with a few people rather than mingle with everybody.

there is no reason to single out 2/3rds people!! whole people and half people are just as cool!!

-ashley

hazelrunpack
February 7th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Oh, and what was the judgment on your chicken dish, onster? Inquiring minds want to know before we invite ourselves over for dinner :laughing: :p

onster
February 7th, 2009, 08:15 PM
LOL :p ure too funny w4r.

My brain wants to respond to you in arabic, haha..*shakes head* The translation doenst work out too well "Only this?? It will be from my eyes :D" :laughing: arabic phrases are weird. Id love to send your kids a postcard from canada land :D pm me ure address :thumbs up;)

onster
February 7th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Oh, and what was the judgment on your chicken dish, onster? Inquiring minds want to know before we invite ourselves over for dinner :laughing: :p

:laughing::laughing: It was really good! :cloud9: I think it needed more salt but my mom said it didnt :shrug: I put more salt on my portion :D Bunduk liked it too :rolleyes: Youre welcome at my house anytime hazel :)

onster
February 7th, 2009, 08:19 PM
15. Despite # 11 I hate history because I cant remember the dates!! :frustrated: :shrug::crazy:

hazelrunpack
February 7th, 2009, 08:31 PM
:laughing::laughing: It was really good! :cloud9: I think it needed more salt but my mom said it didnt :shrug: I put more salt on my portion :D Bunduk liked it too :rolleyes: Youre welcome at my house anytime hazel :)

Even with my drooling baggage? :o hazel travels with entourage! :laughing:

luckypenny
February 7th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I didn't think I could do this when I was tagged on FB either so I didn't bother :laughing:. It's not as hard as I thought.

1. I love everything old...old people, old animals, old houses, old furniture, old jewelry, old clothes, old stories, etc.

2. I don't want to grow old :o.

3. I'm fiercely independent but would fall apart if I knew I couldn't depend on my husband.

4. I miss my grandparents :sad:.

5. Most precious in my life are my children.

6. I had a terrible childhood but cling to things that brought me comfort during those times.

7. When I was around 9, our house was broken into and the very few toys I had were stolen. Several years ago, I went on a search and replaced my Fisher Price record player (I still remember the day my father brought it home for me when I was 4), my Holly Hobbie doll, and I'm still desperately looking for the identical Steiff mohair teddy bear my Aunt bought me in Croatia when I was 5 :o.

8. I'm obsessive, I'm easily consumed.

9. I love people as much as I love animals.

10. I hate shopping and crowds.

11. I collect jelly jars, old milk bottles, and depression glass.

12. I cringe when either of my parents call me :o.

13. I love anything handmade.

14. I love to wrap my arms around our dogs and bury my face in their fur :cloud9:.

15. I think I do rescue to save myself as well as the dogs.

16. I'm both extremely selfish and unselfish...I haven't figured that one out yet :rolleyes:.

17. My heroes are those with a sense of humor who have the gift to make others laugh.

18. I'm afraid of losing my temper.

19. I hate know-it-alls that patronize others who are trying to learn or share their thoughts/feelings.

20. Aw, want4rain, I love freckles :cloud9:.

21. Other people's blood doesn't bother me but my own will make me sick.

22. I have a difficult time setting limits.

23. I hate mosquitoes :yuck:.

24. My worst trait is a deep empathy for others.

25. My best trait is a deep empathy for others.

14+kitties
February 7th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Wow LP! There's a few in there that touch close to home for me. But it's a very well thought out list!

These are neat guys. Keep 'em coming!!

Ford Girl
February 7th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Here goes nothing...:D

1. Im a red neck mud loving tom boy BUT I love jewerly and pretty things. :laughing: Pink, bling bling, shiny sparkly things...I dont have a jewerly box - its a jewerly trunk - seriously, several of them, I buy it, collect it, wear it, love it.

2. Im head over heels, abosolutly in love with my husband, we met 13 years ago when I was 18 and moved in together after dating for only 3 days. :lovestruck:

3. I gross out in public if anyone sneezes, coughs or yawns. :yuck: I hold my breath for at least 30 seconds to avoid breathing in their germs. :o

4. I dislike - immensly - mouth breathers. (people who breathe thru there mouths rather then their nose - colds and stuffiness does not apply)

5. I cant eat chicken off the bone. Grosses me out. with the exception of chicken wings.

6. I gag horribly when I pick up dog poop. lol -its a huge production.

you guys still love me? :shrug:

luckypenny
February 7th, 2009, 10:01 PM
6. I gag horribly when I pick up dog poop. lol -its a huge production.

So then, you don't take note of the texture or examine whether Dazy's digesting her food well :D :p?

How can we not love you :2huggers:?

Ford Girl
February 7th, 2009, 10:03 PM
So then, you don't take note of the texture or examine whether Dazy's digesting her food well :D :p?

How can we not love you :2huggers:?

DH does this, he takes one for the team. lol! I do help, but its a huge production, gaging and dry heaving...pathetic!

luckypenny
February 7th, 2009, 10:07 PM
DH does this, he takes one for the team. lol! I do help, but its a huge production, gaging and dry heaving...pathetic!

My dh is like that...at first I thought he was pretending to get away from helping with the chore until I realized he actually throws up :o. He still gags watching me bring a foster pup's poop under a good light to check for worms :laughing:.

CClover
February 7th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Well first...for those who say they don't like cream caramel,you can send it to me,thank you! Same thing for thos who say they don't realy need money!:laughing:

1) I'm allergic to all citrus food

2) I have a photographic memory also called Eidetic memory,very useful with over 850,000 books in the library where I work as a bokk shelfer...I work alone in there.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eidetic_memory

3) Can hardly remember the name of ppl that just introduce themself to me ,I have to write down my own cell number. Must be because #2:frustrated:

4) I can pick up poop and pee I don't care...Vomit ! I just can't.Just the sound makes me....vomit...Sorry:yuck:

5) I'm so small I have to put rocks in my purse when it windy!:laughing:

krdahmer
February 7th, 2009, 11:13 PM
This thread is awesome!! Great idea onster, I too was too lazy to reply to any of the ones I got tagged in on FB!

FG~ #4 made me laugh... lol me too and hubby happens to be one, long car rides listening to him almost awake snoring beside me drives me nuts!!! :rolleyes::laughing:

Onster~ I can so relate to #9,10,11 and 13.... I have so many numbers memorized, credit cards, debit cards... most of them 16 digits! Which hubby thinks is impressive! :D

14+~ I am too selfish (in all the ways that would affect a child anyhow) and so are the cats... :laughing: but thanks for the compliment! :grouphug:

I thought of a couple more too...

5.b. I am obsessed with sniffing the top of Buddy's head, I have no idea what the smell is but it's intoxicating! :cloud9:

5.c. I love love love antique chairs, the more ornate the better, and want to collect them so that I can have a house full of chairs no one is allowed to sit on! :evil::laughing:

5.d. Baby vomit makes me gag. It can be in another room and still make me feel queesy.

5.e. The first time I saw my dad cry was just a few years ago, we were with my Grandma when she passed and that is the single most unsettling moment of my life. Both because I watched someone die, and because my dad was broken for a moment.

5.f. I cry, all the time, at the drop of a hat. Commercials, tv, movies, this site, anything can set me off and sometimes it takes nothing at all. And I always feel better after I do. :)

5.g. I also cried at the end of Dawson's Creek, a show I never missed an episode of, and I was in my 20's! :o

5.h. I own two rare vhs tapes, one of Thundercats the best cartoon ever (tied with transformers of course), and one of the first couple episodes of China Beach, another great show.

5.i. I have seen the movie Shag with Bridgette Fonda and Pheobe Cates at least 100 times or more... and it's still good. (an essential girly flick IMO)

corky/max
February 8th, 2009, 12:20 AM
[QUOTE=want4rain;744771]my kids are the ones who get the post cards really. :) i have several friends who do traveling for work and Cailyn has -loved- getting cards from them!! you know what?! we dont have any cards from Canada!!!

having to think of 25 different things really made me have to come up with stuff i dont think about often. its been pretty interesting to see what some of my friends have come up with.

Onster!!!

there is no reason to single out 2/3rds people!! whole people and half people are just as cool!!

My niece gave me this link in an email----even though they are all USA postcards---thought all you postcard lovers might like this. I hope it 'works' when you click on it here--will also give the web address that came 'up' when I clicked on the link. ( I will click on these myself --in this post--to see if they will work) link is Penny Postcards web address is long----
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~usgenweb/special/ppcs/ppcs.html Good thing I put the whole address in as it does work!! Hope you enjoy this--all you postcard lovers!!

growler~GateKeeper
February 8th, 2009, 03:49 AM
1. I love to sing

2. I hate crowds

3. Don't like coffee unless it's Irish Cream, can't stand even the smell of beer anymore :yuck:

4. Love Rogers Chocolate :lovestruck:

5. My hair colour is 100% natural :p

chico2
February 8th, 2009, 07:39 AM
14+,I REALLY hate shopping,I have to go with hubby to Costco,or he brings home half the store:laughing:
6.If a line-up anywhere is longer than 3 people,I leave...
7.I have needed to get winter-stuff all winter,hate trying on clothes,so now I am focusing on summer,shorts T-Shirts:laughing:
8.Like Dahmer,I cry watching cartoons,I apologize if I accidentally step on a bug:cry:
9.I am a huge wuss,but don't get me mad:evil:don't pick on,or hurt anyone weaker than you,I'd fix you:evil:
Last one,I look in the mirror,see this"oldish"lady,OMG,where did the time go??? My handsome oldest boy is creeping up on middle-age:evil:
How did that happen:laughing:

Frenchy
February 8th, 2009, 09:20 AM
3) Can hardly remember the name of ppl that just introduce themself to me

omg I soooo can relate !!! Just last Friday (2 days ago) my bos introduce to each and every one of us , a new employee who starts working tomorrow morning with us. Of course , totally forgot her name the minute the handshake was over :headslap: :o

krdahmer
February 8th, 2009, 09:56 AM
8.Like Dahmer,I cry watching cartoons,I apologize if I accidentally step on a bug:cry:
9.I am a huge wuss,but don't get me mad:evil:don't pick on,or hurt anyone weaker than you,I'd fix you:evil:

:laughing: I too appologize to bugs and spiders, I also give them one chance of escape... I actually say outloud, "don't be here when I get back", if they are well then if it's somewhere I can't sleep if they're there, they get squished and have a porcelain funeral.:shrug::rolleyes:

And the one and only time I was ever in the principals office in elementary school was for fending off a bully picking on one of my small friends.:highfive:

1. I love to sing

5. My hair colour is 100% natural :p

:laughing: I also love to sing, only at home and in the car though.. and now at work, there is one girl at work who hates when people sing to the radio, so we all do!! :evil:

I haven't seen my natural colour in almost 20 years! (although I know there have been greys for quite some time!!!:frustrated:)

I really love this thread it's so neat to see how much we have in common! :grouphug:

14+kitties
February 8th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Wow! Some of these are too close for comfort........

1. I miss my Mom. :sad:

2. I am basically a loner. I like getting together for coffee with friends or doing something too. Go figure. :shrug:

3. I love crafts of all kinds. Have probably tried most things at least once. Not crazy about knitting.

4. Hate confrontations but am pretty strong headed. What can I say. I am a conundrum.

5. I am a total knick knack queen!! Collect elephants, vases and cream/sugar sets. I don't have the room for this stuff so a lot is packed away.

6. I love doing things to surprise friends.

7. I am allergic to alcohol. Never used to be. About 7 or 8 years ago whenever I had a drink, yep, one drink, I would be sick in bed for three days with a migraine and throwing up. Sooo not worth drinking!!

8. I love animals. :rolleyes:

krdahmer
February 8th, 2009, 10:17 AM
1. I miss my Mom. :sad:

http://bestsmileys.com/comfort/2.gif :2huggers:

8. I love animals. :rolleyes:

really? I'm shocked! :eek:....:rolleyes::laughing:

14+kitties
February 8th, 2009, 10:29 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/comfort/2.gif :2huggers:

Thank you hon.

really? I'm shocked! :eek:....:rolleyes::laughing:

:p Almost all animals!

TacoGrl
February 8th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Ok, here we go :D

1. I feel I have more to contribute to life than I am...just can't figure out what it is exactly.

2. I hate nose pickers...your car has windows...I can SEE YOU!!!! :yuck:

3. I hate anyone who does anything "personal" in public...that is why we have bathrooms with doors.

4. I feel I am too conservative for today's society...I like to be treated like a lady, but not talked down to...I won't get into my political views ;)

5. I like my vehicle to be neet and tidy and don't understand those who have McDonalds/Tim's/etc. wrappers scattered around inside their vehicles...I once dated this guy back in the day who would flick his cig ashes on the drivers' door sill instead of out the window, then brush them out once a millenium or so. :yuck:

6. I too hate rude people...please and thank-you are wonderful words...learn them.

7. I love Sugar Crisp cereal with bananas.

8. I don't have kids and I don't think I am mature enough to have kids...I can just imagine at a teacher interview...teacher "Your child is a class clown"...me "...and your point is?"

9. I love watching kittens sleep...they look so innocent. :cloud9:

10. I love watching the sun rise on the way to work...gives me hope for the day.

14+kitties
February 8th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Heck TacoGrl! I still have't figured out what I want to do with my life! Besides the kitty thing. That's a no brainer. But the rest........ I want to be retired!!!!
:laughing: you #2!! Funny!

angeldogs
February 8th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Lets see i have only a few things.

1.Loves all dogs any size breed or color

2.Enjoy being around older people or elderly and listening to their stories

3.Helping people even if it means giving them my last dollar.

4.I enjoy a hard days work weither it being done in 8hrs or 19hrs as long as it gets done

5.I like driving truck for a living just hate the truck i have to drive.

6.I don't like being in crowds

7.Enjoy meeting new people.

8.Chocolate,mint chocolate is my favorite

9.Enjoy working with dogs

10.And the best of all is my kids.

angeldogs
February 8th, 2009, 09:34 PM
omg I soooo can relate !!! Just last Friday (2 days ago) my bos introduce to each and every one of us , a new employee who starts working tomorrow morning with us. Of course , totally forgot her name the minute the handshake was over :headslap: :o

Yep thats me not good with names at all.no problem remembering people names forget it.it's also a good thing once i go somewhere i can remember how to get there the first few times i can't remember street names even towns i was just at slip my mined.

Magicwildwolf69
February 8th, 2009, 09:43 PM
lets see somethings about me

1. i love people (some days the public not so much i work in retail) but i can be really shy

2. i love all animals but mostly cats if i could have more i would

3. i seem to be the odd one in my family and am not close with anyone

4. i met my bf on line almost 7 years ago and we're getting married in a year and a half

5. i'm already tried of trying to plan my wedding :laughing:

6. i'm really good with numbers and math

7. i have no idea what i want to be when i grow up

8. dislike people who say its just an animal or its just a pet

9. someday i want to write a book

thats all i can think of for now :)

Luvmypitgirls
February 9th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Ok I'll play ...

1. I will be 42 this year.

2. There seems to be grey hairs invading my head:frustrated:

3. I suffer from bouts of insomnia

4. My boobs used to be umm.. higher and perkier:frustrated:

5. My butt used to be much smaller and firmer:frustrated:

6. I love Folgers coffee

7. In 19 years I have never "tooted" infront of my hubby, at least not that he knows about;)

8. I love to draw

9. I love to play my guitar

10. I have three sons, 17,20,23 whom I love and adore.

11. I have three dogs, that I love and adore

12. I can't wait for Spring when I can get the dogs out for some flirtpole fun.

13. I have a warped sense of humor.

14. I believe too many people put to much energy into being politically correct.

15. I strongly dislike it when parents put their kids in those shoes with the squeakers in the heels:mad:...squeakers are for dog/cat toys not shoes for toddlers!

16. I strongly dislike it when parents let their kids run wild in stores (most common in Walmart stores), ohh the things I've seen, and ohhh the parents I've confronted.

17. I love to spend time in the mountains.......

bendyfoot
February 9th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Randomness from Bendy:

1. I've been bit by a vampire bat (seriously)

2. I live in a 100-year old schoolhouse

3. I hate working in a cubicle so I'm going back to school to do my PhD:D

4. I just found out my sister is pregnant with her second baby:lovestruck: I've decided that I want it to be a girl. :D

5. I have terrible self-esteem.

6. I'm going to run my first 1/2 marathon in 15 weeks.:eek:

7. My favourite place in the world is my family cottage at McGreggor Bay

8. I love to read and occasionally have bursts of creativity where I write extensively

Luvmypitgirls
February 9th, 2009, 11:24 AM
I can't remember where I left off...oh yeah ...

18. I'm double jointed

19. I love shoes....incase you missed my packrack thread:laughing:

20. I love cooking...and unfortunately it shows :frustrated:..:o

21. I am addicted to brownies...and no not magic brownies:laughing:

22. I love love love my camera!

23. I have never watched a porno, I tried once but I was blushing so hard I thought I was going to have a stroke :o

24. I have two really bad habits, I smoke and I chew my nails..I've tried to quit both, but have yet to be successful

25. My favorite alcohol beverage, is Voka Paralizer.

Melinda
February 9th, 2009, 11:40 AM
1. I'm waiting to grow up, I've been waiting (hubby is waiting too) for 50 yrs
2. I'd be covered in tats if I could
3. we belong to a bikers group (and yes we all wear our leathers and colors)
4. I laugh when women pull their kids away from me when I get off a bike (if they only knew I've owned a daycare for 21 yrs)
5. I have facial piercings
6. I just found out I'm to cut my grandsons cord when he's born, I gave life to my daughter 25 yrs ago and now I get to do the same to my grandson
7. I'd be surrounded by rescue animals if it wasn't for my hubby, thank god for him.
8. I give to everyone that needs help
9. I love storms, I sit outside to watch them
10. after 22 yrs I still miss my father, my best friend
11. I'm painfully shy
12. I love orgainzing..and house work.

Luvmypitgirls
February 9th, 2009, 12:05 PM
1. 12. I love orgainzing..and house work.

Melinda, how soon can ya get here???;)...I need all the help I can get!
I don't think I've been organized since I had my first son 23 yrs ago..:o

dustybird
February 10th, 2009, 12:37 AM
Hmmm
1. painfully shy but getting a teeeeeeny bit better every year, or so I tell myself.
2. love all animals and critters, just don't want some near me, mainly creepy looking bugs, but just because their creepy doesn't mean they should be squished.
3. going to be 34 this summer, the gray's are starting to come and for the most part I still feel like the awkward insecure 14yr old girl on her first day in highschool.
4. spelling and grammar suck
5. love my job
6. constanlty worry about everything and I mean everything(except my own health)...still surprised that I don't have an ulcer.
7.not really a people person but I think it's due to my low selfesteem
8.afraid of water when I can't see to the bottom, love to swim but afraid of what might be lurking below me, so need a buddy to go in first. Silly because I know a Muskie can't eat me and I am not near an ocean.
9.My bird passed away 5yrs ago and I can still cry like it was yesterday
10.Don't post much because I don't think anyone cares what I have to say or think I have much to offer(my problem)
11.love to be outside doing anything as long as it's not the winter
12.enjoy cleaning as long as it's not my house(although I use to like cleaning my house)
13. Have two tattoos and currently thinking of a third...they're addictive. My last one was in memory of my beloved Mourning Dove.
14.I have a tendancy to ramble on....hmmm on #14 already
15.I am really short and hubby is really tall, he's been mistaken for my father or uncle. Which inturn he gets dirty looks from people if we happen to (and rarley give a quick kiss in public). He's only 3yrs older than I. We got hauled into the boarder office trying to go to the states once because we look so different in age. Don't know what they thought exactly but I guess thought something was up. I see the wrinkles but I guess most people have to look to far down to see them....lol.
16.love salt waaay to much and enjoy snacking on lemons.
17. sleep with a bowl of cat food under my pillow or in my nightstand drawer so Forest can't steal Stixx's food, the bowl goes with me everywhere in the house and she know's where to find me when she's hungry and how to wake me up. Would be nice if she'd eat like a normal cat, but if I have to sleep with cat food under my pillow so be it.
18.love flying in any type of aircraft or thing that gets me off the ground but afraid of roller coasters and tall ladders.
19. just seeing a small amount of vomit makes me sick but gag tastic animal poop is no problem.
20. would like to win the lottery so I can help animals in need(mainly the ones forgotten like seniors or special needs, although all would be welcome no matter the type of animal) and some people.

Well that was more than 5 and as per usual a lot of rambling on...

TeriM
February 10th, 2009, 01:31 AM
What a cool thread :thumbs up.

Dustybird, tsk tsk on your #10 - I think you have great contributions :thumbs up.

Some from me :D.

1. I have an incredibly strong gag reflex and cannot physically force myself to eat anything that makes me gag. It greatly hinders my ability to pick up vomit so I got married so hubby gets that duty :laughing:.

2. My father died 5 years ago and I still miss him very much. I have an awesome family.

3. I love nature. I need to spend time there to feed and restore my soul or I am miserable.

4. I have an uncontrollable phobia about snakes.

5. I am not a morning person.

6. I am a loyal person and hate when others aren't!

7. I love my current cats with all my heart but still sometimes wish they were my first cat (Bud) whom I still miss dreadfully.

8. I hate curry, can't even stand the smell of it :yuck: (see post 1).

9. I am very sensitive to smells. Scents can make my nose all twitchy and have in the past caused migraines.

10. I am a procrastinor but am working on mending my ways :D.

11. I like driving a pickup truck.

12. I would love to own a horse again and ride on a regular basis.

13. My husband is the total opposite of any man I ever thought I would marry but he is one of the best things in my life.

14. I would love to compete in an Ironman competition.

15. I wish I had artistic or musical talent.

dustybird
February 10th, 2009, 01:57 AM
aww TeriM your sweet.

Hubby gets vomit duty to which includes hairballs. He can't stand smelly poop so it all works out well, we just trade off.

This is a great thread as you don't feel alone in the world when it comes to some things. We all have our quirky things that the people around us just don't get, so it's nice to know there is someone out there that feels the way you do etc...

Melinda
February 10th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Melinda, how soon can ya get here???;)...I need all the help I can get!
I don't think I've been organized since I had my first son 23 yrs ago..:o

can I bring Brina?? *L* I also need to bring my rubbermaid collection

chico2
February 10th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Dustybird,just to clarify something from #10,of course we care what you have to say:grouphug:,
Often times a person who is a little bit shy and have low selfesteem will get great help from a Forum like ours,you can say what's in your heart,without feeling embarrassed,after all,we are talking about our animals,near and dear to all of us:lovestruck:
I too was shy at one point in my life,until I realized,I and what I have to say,is every bit as important as anybody else.
So,you go girl!!:grouphug:

Luvmypitgirls
February 10th, 2009, 10:09 AM
can I bring Brina?? *L* I also need to bring my rubbermaid collection

Yes bring Brina!, and bring a few suitcases and all the rubbermaid you can carry.
However, please realize that when it is time for you to leave, I will be sticking a rabbit, a snake, and two cats, and 4 dogs in your luggage..:laughing:

Melinda
February 10th, 2009, 10:29 AM
*sending out for larger luggage*

JennieV
February 10th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Wow, that is such an awesome thread! Ok, here are some things about me:

1. I am very very VERY sensitive. I take things too much to heart and sometimes get burnt. Yes, I cry while watching movies, listening to songs and watching sad commercials. :loser:, I know..

2. I give respect and trust to all people, until they prove me wrong.

3. Because of being proven wrong, I learned to read the small print and keep my eyes open for people who take advantage.

4. I HATE LIARS. I prefer to be told straight to my face that you don't like me, than discover it through the grapevine.

5. I strongly dislike hypocrites. It just rubs me the wrong way.

6. I am discovering me every single day. I sometimes get surprised by what I discover.

7. I always wanted to be a vet.

8. I cannot be a vet, because I would have a nervous breakdown.

9. I love all living creatures. Except for cockroaches. I am never going to places that have cockroaches.

10. I have moved 3 countries in 29 years of my life. I speak 4 languages fluently. I finally feel like I belong.

11. I am excellent at what I do for a living. I like it. But I still don't know what I wanna be when I grow up.

12. I want children. Like 6... or 8... maybe 10.

13. I want pets. Lots of pets. The more - the merrier!

14. I wanna win a lottery, so I can open a sanctuary and rescue animals of all sorts.

15. I have to remember to buy lottery tickets..!

16. I have to remember that I am not very lucky and have a plan B.

17. I am a huge procrastinator. And a PACKRAT.

18. My husband is an even worse procrastinator and packrat than me, which makes me feel okay abot it.

19. I love my father, but don't have much respect left for him. (long story)

20. I have no girl best friends. I only have one as a matter of fact - my husband. He is the only one that has been there for me consistently.

21. I worry too much. About everything. And everyone....but not myself.

22. I am heartbroken every time someone's pet passes away.

23. I am learning to love myself the way I am.

24. I am learning to stop looking for people's approval.

25. I love life.

Now, I will pretty much copy this onto FB.. LOL!

Luvmypitgirls
February 10th, 2009, 05:18 PM
*sending out for larger luggage*

LMAO....I've decided that perhaps I'll stick two kids and a husband in your luggage as well, so please send out for huge..no massive luggage...oh to hell with it, bring a U-HAUL!
:laughing:

Masha
February 10th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Okay, I have been following htis thread and finally got the courage to jump in. Its amazing to read everyone's responses and to realize that we are all human, we all have fears and worries and insecurities. I think this is a wonderful thread!! (thanks onster!!)

1. I consider my pets as my kids (my husband and i refer to them as our 'sons')
2. I wish people would stop pressuring me into having kids - I already have two!! (see #1)
3. I hope to someday live on a farm and be surrounded by acres of land and different animals
4. I am absolutely terrified of snakes, all snakes
5. I often touch my boys' noses with my finger and then bring it up and touch the same finger up to my nose (coincidentially i found out my sister does it with her pets... its a subconcious thing)
6. I like animals more than people; they are honest and pure
7. I am a very skeptical and suspicious person and always second guess and doubt everyone's motives. I find it suspicious when people are nice to me (I always think - whats in it for them)
8. I love food; sometimes i think i may have an unhealthy relationship with it
9. I met my husband online when I was 15 and we have been together ever since. I love him to pieces!
10. I am good at what I do but i feel that i am wasting my life working in finance; cant help thinking i could instead earn a living while working with animals
11. I am insanely jealous that ancientgirl gets to bring her furkids to work with her (jealous in a good way :))
12. I love being part of this forum; Its the first time that i have found people who are as in love with their pets as i am. Oh and its also great to talk dog and cat poop and farts without people thinking i am all weird...
13. I love nature and hate bugs and creepy crawly things (its an internal conflict to want to be outside yet once there i am terrified of the buzzing and crawling)
14. I want more cats and dogs but dont have the space... hence the farm dream...
15. I worry alot.. too much in fact
16. I am terrified of flying; something about putting my life in the hands of a pilot and a metal box just sends my heart and mind racing...
17. My husband will be going to Israel to visit friends for a week in the fall and I am terrified - this is the first time that i will be away from him in over 10 years.. AND he has to fly there....
18. I am terrified of dying young or of losing a loved one
19. I love chick lit... cant get enough of it
20. I am terrified at how fast time is flying by and am terrified of how i will accept my body changing as I grow older....

babymomma
February 10th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Yup Onster, I LOVE this thread! :)

#7(?)- I am very weird when it comes to doing stuff with animals. As a kjid I always looked forward to getting up in the morning and taking the neighborhood dogs for a walk. When i would go to a friends house that had a dog, I would probably drive them nuts asking if we could take him/her for a walk. I Take great Joy in doing anything with animals. This includes grooming keely, expressing Anal Glands of all 4 dogs (Yes even the 3 large ones:D), Cutting nails, bathing them. Kacee got shot by a kid with an Air rifle, and since her owners wouldnt take her to the vet and my mom couldnt, I took the pellet out myself and made her all better. I didnt like that she was in pain, but i ddi like that i could help her feel better. :cloud9:

Yes i know, I iz weird.

# 8. I, pretty sure i have alot of enemies in my comunity and in school. Im sure alot of them hate me, because even though i HATE confrontation with a passion, I cant hold my mouth when somebody isnt taking care of their animal/s. I lecture people, and try to calmy exlplain that what they are oding is wrong and doesnt make sense, then they seem to get offended and start trashing me, then i loose cool.

#9. I am afraid to die alone.

#10. I volunteer are the old peoples home where my mom works. I love everything about it, and I have alot of friends that are older or have disabilities. Yes, I even love the contrary ones..lol

#11. I never want to go into a old peoples home, i am afraid to go in one when i get older, because I will not be abnle to have a pet in their, and my favorite resident at the Home Loved dogs. When she got really sick before she diedd, she could barely move, and when i brought keely in for a visit, she jumped out of bed and lit up, it was the most rewarding moment of my life so far.

#12. After i move back to canada from grease, after i move to grease, I want to open A senior citizons home that has a resident cat and dog. Which may be hard because of health restrctions, but im thinking I could work it out in some way. Still working out the details, considering i am only 16 and have alot of time to think about that.

#13. I am afraid of death. In everyway. I dont like the thoughts of it, and sometimes I will think about it to the point that i get stomach sick.

#14. I am a very compassionate person, but alot of people do not see it.

#15. I cry at least twice a day. Wheather it be because of a movie, a commercial, something that has happened on here, or something that has happened in life that day.

#16. I want to write a novel. About what? Im not sure:o

Ford Girl
February 11th, 2009, 12:17 PM
2. I wish people would stop pressuring me into having kids - I already have two!! (see #1)

I hear ya Masha!!! :frustrated: Its annoying. There seems to be this "social norm" that you should get married by a certain age, and then if and when you do, the next step is kids. Obviously!! Right? :rolleyes: It took DH and I several years to do each step, with so much pressure and judgement from friends and family. You know - cuz what was right for them, is obviously the rigth choice for you. :loser:

Then when we did decide to try to have a baby and it didnt happen right away, we got all kinds of "advise" and "suggestions" as to why it wasnt happening. :mad: Drove us crazy!!

Great thread guys, I love reading about all of you. :) And it really makes you think about yourself and when you put it in writing its amazing what you think of.

I'll add some more.

1. I come from a family with a long history of addiction and abuse, yet I knew at a very early age that my life wouldnt be that way and I did everything I could at 17 to leave and start my life the way I wanted it.

2. My father died when I was 17, unexpectedly/accidental, and it makes me sad to know that he never met my husband, they would have gotten along famously, they are very much alike.

3. I was scared of Jason V from the Friday the 13th movies as a child and I still dream of him often - altho he doesnt scare me anymore cuz I can manipulate my dreams so I always get away. :loser: :laughing: Seriously, I dream of Jason.

4. I have an unrealistic fear of sharks, if I swim in any large body of water, Im scared there will be sharks. Yes, even lakes. :o

5. When Im alone I like to sing, I know I dont have a good voice, its terrible actually, but I still belt it out. lol!!

6. I have a teaching degree but I don't teach. Im an office manager for a large corp. I went to Univ. for 5 years only to realize I didnt want to work with children. What I really should be doing with my life is party planning. Im good at it and love it. I just dont want to give up my weekends. :laughing:

7. I would never go on a cruise for fear of not being able to get back to land should the boat sink or the fact that there could be sharks LOL!. (see #4 haha!) You couldnt pay me to be out in the middle of the ocean without land in sight.

luckypenny
February 11th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Hmmm1. painfully shy but getting a teeeeeeny bit better every year, or so I tell myself.

I used to be like that until after I was in labor with my first son and had 8 student nurses measuring the dilation while I had contractions :frustrated:. Being so shy, I didn't know how to say no :o.

Dustybird, everything you have to offer is valuable, it's what makes you you :).

4. My boobs used to be umm.. higher and perkier:frustrated:

5. My butt used to be much smaller and firmer:frustrated:

23. I have never watched a porno, I tried once but I was blushing so hard I thought I was going to have a stroke :o

:laughing: You're hilarious!

4. I laugh when women pull their kids away from me when I get off a bike (if they only knew I've owned a daycare for 21 yrs)

I had that too but while taking my boys to the park in the summers. If they only knew I was a Social Worker who worked with children :D. I felt bad for my boys so I started taking care to cover up well :o.

sugarcatmom
February 11th, 2009, 03:38 PM
What fun, I wanna play too!

The only vegetables I donít like are baby corn and brussell sprouts.

I love snowshoeing.

I always wanted to be a vet when I grew up, but somehow ended up with a degree in Fine Arts instead. Which totally explains why I work in the oil & gas industry now.

My first job was as a groom at the local racetrack.

The house Iíve lived in for the last 15 yrs is about to be torn down so that my landlord can build some big ugly thing for his nasty scrag of a sister. So DH and I have started our quest to buy our own place.

I lived in Lagos, Nigeria when I was 5.

Ford Girl
February 11th, 2009, 03:41 PM
I always wanted to be a vet when I grew up, but somehow ended up with a degree in Fine Arts instead. Which totally explains why I work in the oil & gas industry now.

The house I’ve lived in for the last 15 yrs is about to be torn down so that my landlord can build some big ugly thing for his nasty scrag of a sister. So DH and I have started our quest to buy our own place.

SCM - u are in O&G? Down town? Now Im curious. I was too, up until my most recent job, changed to the financial industry.

Where in the city are you looking? its a buyers market right now, good luck!! :goodvibes:

onster
February 11th, 2009, 04:14 PM
wow!!!! yay this is fun :D

There's too much to comment on, but I wanted to say its been fascinating reading all your random facts...so cool!

Keep 'em comming.

I promised I'd add more as people did so here goes.. cant remember what I was at?

15? I wish I had more of a green thumb. I always wanted to grow vegetables (and tried some squash) but it failed miserably.

16. I was on tv a few times as a little girl. Once where there was an interview on Eid (muslim celebration) and I sang "The more we are together the happier we'll be". I was soooo shy, mumbling kinda, taking deeeeeep breaths between words and I have to say its about the cutest video ever. My brother's promise they'll play it at my wedding.

17. I lived in Saudi Arabia till I was 5/6.

18. I was born in Cairo and was chilling on the beach in Alexandria 3 days later :cool:

19. I get a serious case of the giggles when anything horrible/bad/stressful/crappy happens. My close friends know this because weve been in situations like that together and iv had to explain myself. It usually lightens the mood though so it's all good :cool:

20. I love babies and they love me :lovestruck:. My cousin's first word was "aya" for my name. I think her parents for a lil jealous :D

21. I really want to visit Morocco. The culture fascinates me.

22. I was born on my mom's birthday- she calls me her "gift from God" (when shes not mad at me :laughing:) because she wanted a girl so badly. I'm her only girl of 4 children.

23. I wish I had learned to play an instrument other than the stupid recorder. Something like the violin or a harp.

24. I'm 22 going on 23 and my little brother is 17 going on 18 and we both still love to sing Disney songs together. Some of our all time favorites are from the lion king "Stand by me" (Timon and Pumba Style), "In the Jungle the miighty jungle, the lion sleeeps toniiiight. A wima way a wimba way :laughing:". We just spontaneously errupt in song - could be cooking together, watching tv, driving, chilling or whatever - it's how we bond. I'll be playing a Disney song at his wedding. Probably Stand by me :D

thats about it for now :thumbs up

14+kitties
February 11th, 2009, 04:17 PM
The house I’ve lived in for the last 15 yrs is about to be torn down so that my landlord can build some big ugly thing for his nasty scrag of a sister. So DH and I have started our quest to buy our own place.

LOL I love that word! Please explain. I have never heard of a person being described as a scrag. Sorry, I live a sheltered life. :o
:fingerscr:goodvibes: for your future new home. It's a wonderful thing knowing you own a small piece of land you can call your own. Well, you and the bank.

krdahmer
February 11th, 2009, 04:39 PM
4. I have an unrealistic fear of sharks, if I swim in any large body of water, Im scared there will be sharks. Yes, even lakes. :o

:laughing: Wow I am shocked that I'm not the only one there!!! I will not swim in water where I cannot see the bottom! (And yes am affraid of a shark showing up in a lake!) My babysitter let us watch Jaws when I was 8, I couldn't go to swimming lessons for a week. I was convinced Jaws was somehow gonna squeeze through the filter at the bottom and bite me in two. I still don't like to swim with my belly down, I prefer more of an upright doggy paddle. :rolleyes::o And funny enough am a really strong swimmer, just a really panicky one! :laughing: I think if I ever had an encounter with a real shark, I'd probably be long dead of a heart attack before it even got near me! :crazy:

sugarcatmom
February 11th, 2009, 04:54 PM
SCM - u are in O&G? Down town?

I used to work downtown but for the past 5 or so years I've been out in the NE (near where the old Ikea was) managing Petro-Canada's seismic database. I love it - I can wear jeans to work everyday, it only takes me 12 minutes to get here (yay for free parking!), and the people I work with (there are 5 of us), are a riot.

Who did you work for during your O&G stint?

Where in the city are you looking? its a buyers market right now, good luck!! :goodvibes:

I would love to find something in Crescent Heights, where I currently live, but that's not likely unless I win the lottery. I'm an inner-city kinda girl, can't do the 'burbs no matter how much house I could get for my dollar. So areas like Tuxedo, Mount Pleasant, Inglewood, Sunnyside are where I'm focusing. Zack (DH) and I just found out about my landlord's plans last week, so it's early yet and he's giving us lots of time. We'd been talking about maybe buying something one of these days and I guess this is the push we needed. The main reason we haven't done it before now is because my rent is ridiculously cheap and I love the area I'm in. But you're right, thank goodness there's been a bit of a downturn in the housing market here or I'd be s.o.l.

sugarcatmom
February 11th, 2009, 05:03 PM
LOL I love that word! Please explain. I have never heard of a person being described as a scrag.

:D Well, my understanding of the word scrag is that it's a combo of ugly/b!tchy/slutty or whatever other derogatory term you want to apply to a person (usually female) that you don't like. I have no idea if my landlord's sister is slutty, but she's definitely got the ugly/b!tchy part down pat. (And I should clarify that she's only ugly cause she's a b!tch).

sugarcatmom
February 11th, 2009, 05:13 PM
21. I really want to visit Morocco. The culture fascinates me.

I LOOOOVE Morocco :lovestruck: and really want to go back one of these days. Fez is positively the most fascinating city I've been too, with its crazy chaotic stinky medina. And the Sahara desert blew my mind.

22. I was born on my mom's birthday-

My dad was born on his dad's birthday. I always thought that was the coolest thing.

krdahmer
February 11th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Oh I almost forgot my cool family factos!

My Grandfather and his brother married my Grandmother and her sister in a double wedding almost 65 years ago.:) Some people scratch their heads on that one....

My dad and his twin brother are born June 12, 1943 and June 14, 1943 respectively. :cool: My poor grandma! (:rip::angel:) Their younger brother was born June 13, six years later. :eek: :cool:

hazelrunpack
February 11th, 2009, 09:09 PM
:laughing: Wow I am shocked that I'm not the only one there!!! I will not swim in water where I cannot see the bottom! (And yes am affraid of a shark showing up in a lake!) My babysitter let us watch Jaws when I was 8, I couldn't go to swimming lessons for a week. I was convinced Jaws was somehow gonna squeeze through the filter at the bottom and bite me in two. I still don't like to swim with my belly down, I prefer more of an upright doggy paddle. :rolleyes::o And funny enough am a really strong swimmer, just a really panicky one! :laughing: I think if I ever had an encounter with a real shark, I'd probably be long dead of a heart attack before it even got near me! :crazy:

I'm not afraid of sharks, having only inland lakes at my swimming disposal, but I have an unnatural fear of muskies :o Really! There are more muskie attacks than shark attacks in my neck of the woods :laughing:

My dad and his twin brother are born June 12, 1943 and June 14, 1943 respectively. :cool: My poor grandma! (:rip::angel:)

ouch :o

krdahmer
February 11th, 2009, 10:44 PM
:laughing: It's more of a fear of anything touching me while in the water... even seaweed or garbage will send me squealing out of the water! :o

dustybird
February 11th, 2009, 11:31 PM
OMG krdahmer my dad let me watch jaws when I was 8 to and I swear that is where my fear comes from. I was at Ipperwash once back in highschool and something rubbed up against my legs...I totally freaked...turned out to be an old pop can. Another time my dad I were wadding the river fishing, we had to cross a deep part(Thames River) and being my dad made some crack about "watch out for those snapping turtles...they can be monsters". Well I completly froze, stood there like an idiot in the middle of the river...I made him come back and rescue me.

It's funny because I am not afraid of any of the creatures lurking below if I can see them, heck I have even tried to get closer, well except sharks. It's the not knowing what's there I think that freaks me out.

Melinda
February 12th, 2009, 06:00 AM
LMAO....I've decided that perhaps I'll stick two kids and a husband in your luggage as well, so please send out for huge..no massive luggage...oh to hell with it, bring a U-HAUL!
:laughing: ok you blew it...live with your unorganized stuff.....if you would have stuck to kids and pets we'd have been fine...but noooooooooooooo you had to toss in hubby.....*L* I have one of those thanks and no room for another...unless....*thinking maybe I can slip my hubby into her home without her knowing it????*

Luvmypitgirls
February 12th, 2009, 09:40 AM
ok you blew it...live with your unorganized stuff.....if you would have stuck to kids and pets we'd have been fine...but noooooooooooooo you had to toss in hubby.....*L* I have one of those thanks and no room for another...unless....*thinking maybe I can slip my hubby into her home without her knowing it????*

I hate to admit it but you probably could slip your hubby into my home without me knowing it.:o...I'm usually so preoccupied :o..:laughing:

Melinda
February 12th, 2009, 10:03 AM
I hate to admit it but you probably could slip your hubby into my home without me knowing it.:o...I'm usually so preoccupied :o..:laughing:

*L* as long as you get "american choppers" on tv you won't even hear him

TacoGrl
February 12th, 2009, 12:18 PM
It's GREAT to see others are afraid of things touching them under the water! I can't even close my eyes for fear that I won't see something and swim right into its deadly clutches! :eek:

I can't even go to the bathroom without the lights on cuz you never know what may have swam up into the toilet :eek:

bendyfoot
February 12th, 2009, 02:16 PM
I'm not afraid of sharks, having only inland lakes at my swimming disposal, but I have an unnatural fear of muskies :o Really! There are more muskie attacks than shark attacks in my neck of the woods :laughing:

:laughing: I grew up swimming in a freshwater lake faaaaar from any sharks, but like many of you I was also traumatized by watching Jaws when I was about 8 and was still nervy going swimming. Especially at night. I still kinda am. And then when I calm myself down about sharks I start thinking about muskies.

da da. da da. dadadadadadadadadadadadada..... can't get that dang shark song out of my head!!!:eek::wall::laughing:

hazelrunpack
February 12th, 2009, 02:37 PM
I was much older than that when I saw Jaws. The muskie thing was actually from an earlier trauma--the result of 1. lil bro pulling this monster fish out of the water :eek: and 2. silly hazel sliding her fingers behind the gill plates to help pull it out of the water.

Just as I was noticing 3. muskies have big teeth :eek: I was also noticing 4. muskies have teeth inside the gill plates :rolleyes:

And finally, 5. muskie did a tail-whap and back flip right off hazel's fingers to get away, taking most of the skin off the back of hazel's fingers... :o ouch

Ms Muskie got away, told all her buddies about mean ol' hazel, and they've been plotting revenge ever since. So now I swim only in muskie-free waters. :D

babymomma
February 12th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Okay? Whats a Muskie???!!:eek: By the way Hazels describing them they are a husky/fish hybrid:eek:

Note to self. NEVER swim again.

hazelrunpack
February 12th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Do you know what a northern pike looks like, babymomma? A muskie is sort of a bigger, spotted version:

They can grow to more than 1.5 m in length.

Ford Girl
February 12th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Ewww, Im with you hazel - PIKE ARE SCAREY! LOL! Where Im from they are huge and will bite, they are preditors. LMAO! Sharpe little teeth. Ive seen one take a fair size walley off a line, jump up and GULP! Ya, the deep lakes of northern ON have them, and they are big. My aunt had one on the line before and they got the net ready, it swam next to the boat and they put the net down and cut the line - they couldnt imagine what they would do with it should they get it in the boat! LOL!

babymomma
February 12th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Holy %^*&^&(*$%#%$#%&*&^&*^*(^&^$#$#%$^&*( Hazel!:eek:

I freak out when those little thorn back fish get close to me:o

I went swimming with my friends once. Little did i know that if you dropped a hook in the water you could catch three salmon at once there were so many there. And apparently, very used to people:rolleyes: One kinda rubbed up against my leg as it was swimming by. I almost died. Not even joking.

I dont swim in ponds anymore. Since the church raised money to clean up a local swimming hole and found drowned kittens. Alot of drowned kittens. :sad:

onster
February 12th, 2009, 03:37 PM
awww u guys are such wusses :p:p:p lol

in the red sea (sinai egypt) they have these babies- lion fish.

At first I thought they were ppuuuuurty when you snorkel. Then I found out those were actually spikes and they were poisonous :eek::eek:

They like to hide under jetties and under walkways

onster
February 12th, 2009, 03:41 PM
oh and hazel...u craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy :crazy::p

chico2
February 12th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I like swimming in the ocean(Atlantic)in SC,but at a certain time of day,big schools of tiny fish swim by,usually followed by Dolphins and small sharks.
When I got all those little fish slithering around my legs,I just about died.
I do not like lake-water here in Ontario,with all the slimy green stuff in it,anything up against my legs and I am out of there:laughing:

onster
February 12th, 2009, 04:01 PM
ewwwwww why would u swim in anything green :p:yuck: lol

I disown lakes as swimming areas. Only clear blue waters for me :D Im with you chico :laughing::highfive:

want4rain
February 12th, 2009, 04:26 PM
i must say... having had the chance of running into both.... ive known abotu sharks... muskies,not so much.... look much scarier and likelier to eat a foot off!!!! -shiver- ill swim in the ocean or somewhere i can see the bottom.... lakes, no way!!!

-ash

dustybird
February 12th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Not sure if I should post these, but just wanted to show the diffference between fish and the size. I know both people and they are both 6'2 feet tall.
Both fish were properly released after a quick pic and I know handled with respect and care.

51 inch Muskie
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/asta7775/IMG_0184-1.jpg

Muskie being released, doesn't look as big in the water.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/asta7775/IMG_0190.jpg

Pike or Northern Pike or on the west coast some call it a Jack fish 42 inches
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e106/asta7775/2008_070720080087-1.jpg

If anyone is offended by the pics I understand and please remove them.

I know they can't eat me and probably wouldn't come near a swimmer but still that is why I am freaked to swim in Lake of the woods without a buddy.