Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kitty-Massage

chico2
February 6th, 2009, 05:36 PM
I read in one of the Animal magazines that are free in the Pet-Food stores, about massaging your kitties ears.
It works really well on Rocky and Chico,you use your thumb and index-finger.
Put your thumb on the inside of the ear,the index outside and rub the ear in slow circular motions with your thumb,it puts Rocky and Chico to sleep,they really love it.
At first it was"What the heck are you doing mom?":laughing:
Then it was"hmmmm this is nice,getting sleepy":laughing:

krdahmer
February 6th, 2009, 07:04 PM
:laughing: Silly boys... mine had the exact same reaction!

lm9012
February 6th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks Chico! I'm trying this on my Khloe when I get home! She's very lovable and just craves contact and comfort all the time..so one thing I like to do with her on the weekends is put her on her back and just rub her down. I give her a kitty 'shoulder' massage (yes I know they don't really have shoulders!!), I just softly rub in circles all along her legs, and paws, and of course can't skip the tummy. The first time I did it I didn't really realize what I was doing I was watching TV preoccupied and I looked down and I swear she was smiling!! ha! She looked so content and just purring away and I stopped and she gave me the brattiest look, as in saying 'you better get back to work!!' So I try to make it a habit now!

rainbow
February 6th, 2009, 07:52 PM
I found out they liked it by accident a long time ago .....both Jasmine and Ziggy love it as did several of my previous kitties. :cloud9:

chico2
February 7th, 2009, 09:44 AM
If I could only get the massages these little guys get.:laughing:
My Vinnie just loves to be brushed,I could probably brush him for hours(and fill a pillow),as soon as I have the brush in my hand he's there.:cat: