Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Happy 2 yr gotcha day Nelly !!

Frenchy
February 5th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Wow , can't believe it's been already 2 years ! So that would make her 3-4 years old. I will always remember the day I got Nelly , was extremely cold , was getting a foster from a puppy mill and didn't even know what breed I was getting :) but was hoping to get one of the great danes :o I still haven't heard about a settelment , so I still call her my foster. Oh yes , she still destroys ... just today , I had to throw out the cat's basket .... but she has come a long way , and I'm sooo proud of her , she will never freeze at -40*C , without food or water . She will never be bred again. Amazing what food can do to a dog hey ? :rolleyes: from 72 lbs to 100 lbs !

Mommy loves you Nelly, but she hopes you'll stop the destruction one day soon :pray: :laughing:

from this :

Frenchy
February 5th, 2009, 10:32 PM
To this , what a beautiful girl :lovestruck:

Frenchy
February 5th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Some more ... just because I think she's freaking awesome ! :lovestruck:

14+kitties
February 5th, 2009, 10:37 PM
:cloud9:She sure has come a long way under your loving care Frenchy!
Happy Gotcha Day Nelly!! You are a lucky girl!! :cloud9:

allymack
February 5th, 2009, 10:45 PM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY NELLY

Frenchy, you have done an amazing job with her!!!:thumbs up She looks absolutely wonderful! you are an angel! But i do hope she stop destroying stuff soon also, silly girl, she'll grow out of it one day!

hazelrunpack
February 5th, 2009, 11:07 PM
She is freakin' awesome! :thumbs up And you are, too! You've done so well by her. :grouphug:

happy gotcha day, Nelly!!!

And may you have many, many more to celebrate! :goodvibes:

luckypenny
February 5th, 2009, 11:09 PM
...I think she's freaking awesome ! :lovestruck:

She is awesome :goodvibes:, as are you Frenchy :thumbs up. She's really blossomed under your care; I can't imagine her elsewhere...you're definitely her human ;).

Happy Gotcha Day Nelly!! Great big kisses to you sweet girl :cloud9:.

rainbow
February 6th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Happy Gotcha Day Nelly !!!

You and mommy are both so lucky to have found each other. :cloud9: :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
February 6th, 2009, 01:30 AM
Happy Gotcha Day Nelly & Frenchy!!

Frenchy You've done wonders for this grrl, she's so lucky to have found you :grouphug: :angel: :lovestruck:

TeriM
February 6th, 2009, 02:21 AM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY NELLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love that pic of her is the snow :lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:.

clm
February 6th, 2009, 06:47 AM
She's so beautiful. Been the best 2 years of her young life.

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY!

Cindy

Magicwildwolf69
February 6th, 2009, 07:31 AM
and heres to hoping many more come to you two she's a beautiful dog :cloud9:

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY

aslan
February 6th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Happy Gotcha Day Pretty Nelly....Hope you have many many happy days with mommy.

Love4himies
February 6th, 2009, 07:47 AM
HAPPY BELATED GOTCHA DAY, NELLY

Those early pics of Nelly brings tears to my eyes, you are her :angel:, Frenchy.

Life will be good for you now, Nelly so stop the destruction :grouphug:

ancientgirl
February 6th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Aww Frenchy, those first pictures are so sad. But what a change she's made. Such a beautiful girl.

HAPPY GOTCHA DAY NELLY!

Mat&Murph
February 6th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Happy Gottcha Day Nelly and Frenchy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nelly looks awsome. I didn't realize her background but you have done a amazing job with her Frenchy. Great Big Drooly kisses from Matt and Murphy!! And Hugs from Karly too:lovestruck::cloud9:

BusterBoo
February 6th, 2009, 05:06 PM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY +1

The before and after pictures show what a lot of love (and food!!!) can do for a pup!

:lovestruck:

Ford Girl
February 6th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Oh Nelly - you are beautiful!!!!

Happy Gottcha Day to you and your mom!!!

:lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

chico2
February 6th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Aww Frenchy,I can't believe it's been 2 yrs since that puppy-mill raid,the time certainly flies.
I think everyone here loves Nelly,our brave little(big)girl who survived the horrors.
Then an :angel2:came along and gave her a wonderful life:thumbs up
Happy new life day,beautiful Nelly!

pitgrrl
February 6th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Nelly, Nelly, Nelly.......happy gotcha day beautiful!

TacoGrl
February 6th, 2009, 05:30 PM
HAPPY GOTCHA DAY NELLY!

WOW, what a difference! Nelly certainly is a lucky girl :thumbs up

JanM
February 6th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Happy Day to both of you! Nelly is a happy girl and you are a happy Mom having such a happy girl!

krdahmer
February 6th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Oh wow, I had almost forgotten how bony she was.... what a blessing that she found you and your gang!!! :thumbs up

Happy Gotcha Day Nelly... and here's to many more with your great new family!!!! :goodvibes:

angeldogs
February 6th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Nelly.

You are one beautiful girl.:lovestruck:such a big difference from when we first saw pics of you.

Frenchy
February 6th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Nelly says thanks to everyone ! (it was actually woof woof :p) and I just got the 2 newbie cats in the solarium , first time she sees them , she think they're her b-day gifts and is wondering how come she can't play with them yet !!! :D

Nelly loves kitties :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
February 6th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Cool! What did the newbies think of Nelly? Were they sort of "oh...:cool:"? Or were they sort of :eek:?

Frenchy
February 6th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Cool! What did the newbies think of Nelly? Were they sort of "oh...:cool:"? Or were they sort of :eek:?

Coco is more like :eek: wtf ?

Puce is more like : :evil: don't you DARE approach that door ! but meows up a storm !

hazelrunpack
February 6th, 2009, 10:13 PM
:laughing:

Have Monsieur and Paddy taken any interest?

Frenchy
February 6th, 2009, 10:18 PM
:laughing:

Have Monsieur and Paddy taken any interest?

oh yes , they had their noses pressed at the glass door ! and Paddy and Puce kinda met , both of them on either side of the window screen that separates the sun room from the laundry room. No hissing no nothing :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
February 6th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Aw, that's great! :goodvibes: for a quick and seamless merger! :thumbs up

rainbow
February 6th, 2009, 11:07 PM
It sounds like it won't be long before you can open that screen door. :goodvibes: :cloud9:

MommaKat
February 6th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Oh Nelly! I love the third picture of her laying on the deck, she looks so regal:flirt:. What are you doing for her gotcha day?

Frenchy
February 6th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Oh Nelly! I love the third picture of her laying on the deck, she looks so regal:flirt:. What are you doing for her gotcha day?

Nothing special other than trying to introduce 2 new cats to the pack :laughing:

Etown_Chick
February 8th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Another beautiful story - and what a gorgeous dog!
Congrats to you both,

From Scruffy and me

otis'mom
February 9th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Beautiful dog! She's very lucky to have found you!